Josh Jacobs (Raiders RB) -- FRANCHISED BY LAS VEGAS

Peacekeeper

True but I don’t think it is smart to pay a Rb that much. Money can be better used elsewhere

Was rooting for the Eagles in the Super Bowl and had this to say..

At Alabama, Jacobs played three seasons with Philadelphia quarterback Jalen Hurts, two with wide receiver DeVonta Smith and one with cornerback Josh Jobe.

"I’m always going to root for the guys I know, the guys that I’ve really grinded with and got to know and developed with, sweated with,” Jacobs saidduring an appearance on NFL Network’s "Good Morning Football.” "Jalen, I’ve seen him come through to be at the top, at the highest peak, and then Tua (Tagovailoa) come in and he dropped down to the bottom and then he come back up, so for him, it’s just a blessing. I think his story and everything that he’s doing right now is amazing.

"Smitty’s on that team, too, so anytime it’s a Bama guy, I’m definitely going to root for him.”

How's the tread on those tires. He's young but did the Raiders run him a lot? Haven't paid much attention to them.

Yeah I'm not sure that's a good move. I mean fantastic player who would add a lot to any offense. But this team doesn't have a lot of cap space and he's going to get PAID.

Watching ‘breaking the birds’ breakdown of miles sanders in the SB on YouTube and it makes me really want to sign Jacobs

Reunite him with Hurts, smitty, Dickerson

Go all in on this offense and let’s make this special. 

15 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

2nd contract on a RB. No thanks, that rarely works out. 

He’s only 25 tho and elite. I get what you’re saying though 

1 hour ago, Peacekeeper said:

He’s only 25 tho and elite. I get what you’re saying though 

Memories of Todd Gurley, who BTW is only 28 years old and out of football for 2 years. 

On 2/22/2023 at 10:54 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I'm not sure that's a good move. I mean fantastic player who would add a lot to any offense. But this team doesn't have a lot of cap space and he's going to get PAID.

Yeah, not so sure about it.

Excellent young RB and certainly better than Sanders but I think the times where elite RBs get payed are over.

Expect quite a few of them to sit salty in FA before signing some ‘bad’ deals or one year contracts.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:15 PM, Infam said:

Excellent young RB and certainly better than Sanders but I think the times where elite RBs get payed are over.

Having a good young RB is great and there is value in that. But do you need an elite stud RB? I don't think you do. I think you need someone who can produce but not someone who's going to be the focal point of the offense. I mean look at the best RBs in the league and then look at how competitive those teams are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Having a good young RB is great and there is value in that. But do you need an elite stud RB? I don't think you do. I think you need someone who can produce but not someone who's going to be the focal point of the offense. I mean look at the best RBs in the league and then look at how competitive those teams are. 

It may be a luxury few if any can afford.

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

It may be a luxury few if any can afford.

It's a luxury that I'm not sure any team is seeing the benefit of? I mean look at the top RBs... We are talking about one here who played for a bad team last year. Henry is a beast but ultimately what have the Titans done? Zeke was a beast at one point but delivered nothing in terms of the Cowboys success. The best teams use the run to complement the pass.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's a luxury that I'm not sure any team is seeing the benefit of? I mean look at the top RBs... We are talking about one here who played for a bad team last year. Henry is a beast but ultimately what have the Titans done? Zeke was a beast at one point but delivered nothing in terms of the Cowboys success. The best teams use the run to complement the pass.

Agreed. Some of us are stuck on yester year with the workhorse back. New era it's not worth the capital. NFL RBs are like the NBA center. The game has evolved and  changed favoring fast paced air it out offenses where defenses are at rules disadvantages. RB committee gets the job done for cheaper.

• Like 1

I would much rather use a mid round pick on a RB than spend top $ for one. This team needs a little cap room and a youth movement to counter the QB $ they're going to pay out over the next x-number of years.

In my perfect (and sometimes stupid) little world, I'd like the Eagles to trade back out of 10 for a 2nd and a 4th this year, and a 1st next year from some crappy team in decline. That would give them picks by rounds 1,2,2,3,4 and somewhere in that second 2-4 range is where they could get a good young RB. 

Jacobs is a good and still young RB, but things I’d rather the Eagles do at the position:

Trade back from 10 to the early-mid 20s in the 1st round and get more picks, then draft Bijan Robinson, who is younger, cheaper and possibly better.

Draft multiple other options in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Re-sign Miles Sanders for 60% of the money Jacobs gets.

16 hours ago, judunno said:

Agreed. Some of us are stuck on yester year with the workhorse back. New era it's not worth the capital. NFL RBs are like the NBA center. The game has evolved and  changed favoring fast paced air it out offenses where defenses are at rules disadvantages. RB committee gets the job done for cheaper.

And there's still a real place for the run game it just isn't worth investing in. Look at what the run game here did last year but I think with either a decent FA pick up or a smart draft pick they can have a good run game again this year.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And there's still a real place for the run game it just isn't worth investing in. Look at what the run game here did last year but I think with either a decent FA pick up or a smart draft pick they can have a good run game again this year.

Helps having the best OL in the league paving the way for those guys.  

Would Jacobs be a nice addition?  Absolutely.  Any chance we sign him?  Slim to none.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Reports indicate the Raiders will slap the franchise tag on him if they are unable to come to an agreement on a long term deal.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/03/report-raiders-to-franchise-tag-josh-jacobs-if-no-deal-reached-by-deadline/

lock it up. wasn't happening anyway

Yeah I saw no shot of this happening, but after the Demarco Murray debacle from years ago, I’d want the Eagles to steer clear of giving big money or many years to any teams running back. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I saw no shot of this happening, but after the Demarco Murray debacle from years ago, I’d want the Eagles to steer clear of giving big money or many years to any teams running back. 

Agreed. It's just not that type of league anymore. Draft a back... cheap vet in FA. Done.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They don't have a lot of cap space because because they haven't drafted well, too many high priced FA's filling holes that should have been filled via the draft.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

They don't have a lot of cap space because because they haven't drafted well, too many high priced FA's filling holes that should have been filled via the draft.

Many of their larger contracts were their own drafted guys though.