NFL rumors: How Jets’ Jamal Adams to Cowboys trade would hurt Eagles, Giants

UK_EaglesFan89

NFL rumors: How Jets’ Jamal Adams to Cowboys trade would hurt Eagles, Giants

Jamal Adams to the Cowboys smoke could soon become fire.

As rumors circulate around the Jets All-Pro safety, Dallas could soon emerge as the top landing spot.

If that happens, it’s bad news for the rest of the NFC East. Here’s why Adams landing in Dallas would hurt the Eagles and Giants.

Can’t game plan around his skill set: Adams’ game reminds me of a young Troy Polamalu. He can disrupt everything opposing offenses do, in every single way. There’s no way to truly game plan against a defensive player like this. When a safety has the versatility to cover tight ends like Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert and Evan Engram but also profile as a top edge rusher off the line, it’s a nightmare for opposing coordinators.  

Missed opportunity for Philadelphia: The Eagles look to be right behind Dallas in the preseason NFC East pecking order. Adams, 24, could swing the division now and for years to come. Imagine Adams chasing around Dak Prescott in midnight green, Eagles fans. Instead, the image of Adams chasing down Carson Wentz and Daniel Jones four times per season should haunt Eagles and Giants fans alike.

Could take less to stay: Adams is a Texas guy, who grew up close to Dallas. Those $20M per year rumors (which would be hard to imagine under Dallas’ cap situation thanks to Dak Prescott’s impending deal) may be nothing. In fact, Adams could take far less (though still top safety money) to say long term. 

Most talented team gets even better: The Cowboys had the best team on paper in the division last season. A disappointing 8-8 record and missed playoff season really should have been something closer to 11-5 or 12-4 based on point differential. Adding an accomplished head coach (Mike McCarthy), first-round stud wide receiver (CeeDee Lamb) and Adams could catapult the Cowboys back to the top of the division in 2020, and the Eagles and Giants may not even be close.

Cowboys are already in cap hell

I have a sneaky suspicion Giglio would like the birds to swing a deal for Adams.  Call it a hunch.  

• Like 1

This is such a dumb f'ing article....gee...you think if the Cowboys got one of the best if not the best young safeties it wouldn't be bad for the division?  I wonder if this guy is MENSA to figure that one out.

If you look at Davion Taylor, he is almost a physical clone of Adams, so my guess would be that, if he turns into a decent player, he will be used in much the same way. So trading for Adams doesn't make much sense for the Eagles.

As far as the Cowboys, Adams didn't do much against us last year with the Jets, so I am not too fearful of him joining the Cowboys, especially since they have to give up a high draft pick and pay him a lot of money. I worry more about the Cowboys offense than I do about their defense.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:07 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Adams’ game reminds me of a young Troy Polamalu

Sweet, so when will his HoF induction be?  

So, seriously, have the Jets expressed any interest in trading him?  I doubt this guy is actually available.  

5 hours ago, NYEagle said:

This is such a dumb f'ing article....gee...you think if the Cowboys got one of the best if not the best young safeties it wouldn't be bad for the division?  I wonder if this guy is MENSA to figure that one out.

Haha I was thinking the exact same.  Any time a divisional rival can add a premiere talent it will help them (and be bad for us).  But seriously, when is the last time a safety was the sole difference between winning a championship and not?  

35 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Haha I was thinking the exact same.  Any time a divisional rival can add a premiere talent it will help them (and be bad for us).  But seriously, when is the last time a safety was the sole difference between winning a championship and not?  

In our case, I think you could argue that Jenkins really held our defense together and his hit on Cooks might have honestly been a difference maker in the Super Bowl.

10 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

In our case, I think you could argue that Jenkins really held our defense together and his hit on Cooks might have honestly been a difference maker in the Super Bowl.

I completely agree but we had a strong overall team that year (everyone was playing well).  I just don't think the addition of a safety turns an 8-8 team into a championship team.  

15 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I literally never put that about Polamalu.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

So, seriously, have the Jets expressed any interest in trading him?  I doubt this guy is actually available.  

It was confirmed last year before the trade deadline that he was being shopped but the asking price was too high. So to answer your question he is avail, just high value for him which turns teams away. 

Me personally Adams reminds me of Dawk more then Troy. Not saying he will be a HOF player but his passion and drive in the game. There was a game 2 years ago that sold me on him and his passion for the game and reminded me of Dawk. It was a blow out, Jets getting destroyed, late 4th quarter. It looked like every player on that Jets just wanted the game over and go home. Adams however was giving his all on every play. He made a great tackle late in the game and got up fired up, trying to get his team pumped up. That was something Dawk would do. Even in a blow out he is giving his all and being a leader on the field. 

That play alone back then sold me on Adams and they type of player, character he is. 

If the Cowboys do get him, it would be a major impact on us and a big step for the Cowboys sadly. We do not want a player like him on that team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

It was confirmed last year before the trade deadline that he was being shopped but the asking price was too high. So to answer your question he is avail, just high value for him which turns teams away. 

The big question is... What's the price? If its a first then its probably a little rich in combo with the contract he'll get. If it's a second plus Ertz? Hmm...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I literally never put that about Polamalu.

Nah, I was making fun of the author, not you.  Sorry.  

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The big question is... What's the price? If its a first then its probably a little rich in combo with the contract he'll get. If it's a second plus Ertz? Hmm...

I was digging around to see if I could find anything to suggest what the Jets wanted but couldn't find anything.  

Stillers gave up a 1st round pick, 5th rounder, 7th and rounder for Minkah, and a 4th and 6th.  Gotta think this is the standard.  I doubt they want players, and I sure wouldn't want to ship Ertz off to the Jets.  He deserves better than that.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Last year the asking price was a 1st and 2nd. Or a 1st and 3rd. i cant remember which one it was. i remember it was too steep for the Cowgirls last year. Im sure at this point it is less but how much less? Ive said many time if it they would take a 2nd and Ertz Id do it in a heart beat. I dont think we can keep Goedert and Ertz and not because of $ but because Dallas will want to get the chance to start on a team. If we resign Ertz who already turned down being the highest paid TE in the league, I think Goedert jumps ship to Dallas. 

I would rather have Goedert and Adams on this team then Ertz. I also have a feeling Ertz will cost more (avg per season) then Adams will.