Super Season

nicks

Wow, looks like Dallas might be gettingJ.Adams...another great pick up if it happens, and we get the great news that Brooks is finished for the season..Let's go Birds, there must be some more discarded stiffs out there that we can pick up....And let's hear how if Dallas gets Adams they will be ruined for years because of cap hit...blah.....blah, but we do have sydney jones who didn't even play at the end oblast season....oh we will see. Be nice to hear some positive news      

• Sad 1

Oh thank goodness. When I first opened this thread, I was worried you might be saying something positive. My first thought was Nicks can’t be doing that. 

If he ain’t complaining, he ain’t Nicks. 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Oh thank goodness. When I first opened this thread, I was worried you might be saying something positive. My first thought was Nicks can’t be doing that. 

If he ain’t complaining, he ain’t Nicks. 

If he ain't complaining about sheet that still hasn't happened or happened 4 months ago he ain't Nicks either

• Haha 2

It's a LOOOOOONG way from certain that we'll even have a season.

• Like 2

How are the cowgirls getting all these players under the cap? I mean Dak just signed a $33.5M contract. Zeke got paid. Cooper got paid. And they have no cap issues???

23 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

How are the cowgirls getting all these players under the cap? I mean Dak just signed a $33.5M contract. Zeke got paid. Cooper got paid. And they have no cap issues???

still leaves them with 11 million in cap room. Adams is still on his rookie contract so they could easily trade for him as well

23 hours ago, nicks said:

Wow, looks like Dallas might be gettingJ.Adams...another great pick up if it happens, and we get the great news that Brooks is finished for the season..Let's go Birds, there must be some more discarded stiffs out there that we can pick up....And let's hear how if Dallas gets Adams they will be ruined for years because of cap hit...blah.....blah, but we do have sydney jones who didn't even play at the end oblast season....oh we will see. Be nice to hear some positive news      

Do you not remember Jones in fact playing late last season but coming up with clutch plays?  Look I'm not high on the guy as a long term solution either, but you can't simply make up stuff to fit your narrative.   

• Like 2

Adams is a talent, but he's also delusional.  He's on the 3rd year of his rookie deal and wants his contract torn up so he can get a mega $$$ deal?  This is how you eff up a team.  You start to go and pay guys like him way before they are due.  All of a sudden, you have other guys on the team wondering how they didn't get a new deal earlier and maybe they should have their contract torn up, too.  

On 6/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Adams is a talent, but he's also delusional.  He's on the 3rd year of his rookie deal and wants his contract torn up so he can get a mega $$$ deal?  This is how you eff up a team.  You start to go and pay guys like him way before they are due.  All of a sudden, you have other guys on the team wondering how they didn't get a new deal earlier and maybe they should have their contract torn up, too.  

He was drafted in 2017 and that gets counted as year 1 so he is on his 4th year of his rookie contract. 1st round picks are guaranteed 4 years and the 5th is an option which the jets picked up. He has been an all pro twice and and a pro bowler twice in 3 years he definitely has exceeded his rookie contract. 

273 tackles 12 sacks  6 ff 4 fr 2 interceptions and 2 defensive touchdowns. He is on a Dawkins like career projection at 24 years old he needs to get paid. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, EaglesfanfromND said:

I mean Dak just signed a $33.5M contract.

He did?

6 hours ago, Cutsona25 said:

He did?

I was off $2.1M, it was only $31.4 million.

• 3 years later...

Fn idiot