The Eagles continue to love Pac-12 players

UK_EaglesFan89

The Eagles continue to love Pac-12 players

One of the many Bleeding Green Nation traditions I enjoy involves looking through the Philadelphia Eagles’ roster to see which colleges and conferences are most well-represented. I didn’t get around to doing this exercise last year but I’m bringing it back. I mean, it’s not like there’s anything else going on right now!

Let’s start with every institution that has at least two representatives:

Most popular colleges on the Eagles’ roster

Stanford 4 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Zach Ertz, Nate Herbig, Casey Toohill
Auburn 3 Jack Driscoll, Rudy Ford, Prince Tega Wanogho
Penn State 3 Shareef Miller, Miles Sanders, Trevor Williams
Tennessee 3 Derek Barnett, Alex Ellis, Malik Jackson
Arizona 2 Will Parks, Khalil Tate
Cincinnati 2 Jason Kelce, Mike Warren
Clemson 2 Albert Huggins, K'Von Wallace
Iowa State 2 Julian Good-Jones, Matt Leo
LSU 2 Jalen Mills, Duke Riley
Memphis 2 Genard Avery, Jake Elliott
Mississippi State 2 Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay
Oklahoma 2 Jalen Hurts, Lane Johnson
Oregon State 2 Isaac Seumalo, Noah Togiai
TCU 2 Jalen Reagor, Matt Pryor
Texas 2 Marquise Goodwin, Hassan Ridgeway
USC 2 Deontay Burnett, Nickell Robey-Coleman
Washington 2 Sidney Jones, Josh Perkins
West Virginia 2 Rasul Douglas, Shelton Gibson
Wisconsin 2 Corey Clement, T.J. Edwards

And now for the college football conferences that are are represented by more than one Eagles player:

Most popular conferences on the Eagles’ roster

Pac-12 16 Will Parks, Khalil Tate, Casey Tucker, DeSean Jackson, Isaac Seumalo, Noah Togiai, J.J. Arcega Whiteside, Zach Ertz, Nate Herbig, Casey Toohill, Deontay Burnett, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Sidney Jones, Josh Perkins. Andre Dillard, Davion Taylor
SEC 13 Jack Driscoll, Rudy Ford, Prince Tega Wanogho, Elijah Holyfield, Jalen Mills, Duke Riley, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, Alshon Jeffery, Derek Barnett, Alex Ellis, Malik Jackson, Daeshon Hall
B1G 13 Nate Sudfeld, Keegan Render, Julian Good-Jones, Matt Leo, Brandon Graham, Raequan Williams, Nathan Gerry, Cameron Johnston, Shareef Miller, Miles Sanders, Trevor Williams, Corey Clement, T.J. Edwards
Big 12 9 Grayland Arnold, Jalen Hurts, Lane Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Matt Pryor, Marquise Goodwin, Hassan Ridgeway, Rasul Douglas, Shelton Gibson
AAC 8 Jason Kelce, Mike Warren, Greg Ward, Genard Avery, Jake Elliott, Bruce Hector, Adrian Killins, Shaun Bradley
C-USA 5 Cre'Von LeBlanc, Boston Scott, Rick Lovato, Anthony Rush, Quez Watkins
ACC 5 Albert Huggins, K'Von Wallace, Josh Sweat, Avonte Maddox, Rodney McLeod
MAC 4 Jatavis Brown, Joe Ostman, Brandon Brooks, Luke Juriga
Sun Belt 3 Robert Davis, Michael Jacquet, Marcus Green
Big Sky 3 Dante Olson, Alex Singleton, Sua Opeta
MVFC 3 Carson Wentz, Dallas Goedert, Craig James
CAA 2 Prince Smith, Kyle Lauletta
MEAC 2 Manasseh Bailey, Javon Hargrave
Mountain West 2 Marcus Epps, John Hightower

OBSERVATIONS

• We all used to talk about Chip Kelly’s #Pac12Bias but he’s been gone since December 2015 and the Eagles clearly still love that conference. The Pac-12 was also their most well-represented conference in 2018 and tied for first in 2017.
  • Howie Roseman kinda said something that made it seem like the Eagles think they have a market inefficiency when it comes to scouting the Pac-12? At least, I feel like his April 2019 comments about the J.J. Arcega-Whiteside pick hinted at that.

"We heard from a bunch of people after we picked J.J. like we were very surprised J.J. fell. Sometimes these West Coast guys who play late, they get a little underrated because people aren’t watching those late games. This guy’s a baller. He’s got a very good skill-set and I think when our fans get to know him they are going to be really proud. He symbolizes Eagle mentality, Eagle football.”

After watching his very disappointing rookie season, I’m of the mind that non-Eagles scouts sleeping during Stanford games isn’t why JJAW fell.

• 2020 offseason additions from the Pac-12 include: Will Parks, Khalil Tate, Casey Tucker, Noah Togiai, Casey Toohill, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Davion Taylor. Several of those guys (Tate, Tucker, Togiai, Toohill — hm, all T’s!) likely won’t make the roster.
  • The SEC also got a little boost this offseason with the Eagles drafting two Auburn players (Jack Driscoll, Prince Tega Wanogho) and trading for Darius Slay.
  • The Eagles don’t have any players who finished their college career at Alabama, though Jalen Hurts obviously attended before transferring to Oklahoma. Kind of curious since the Crimson Tide is always a top program. There’s also limited representation from other top ranked teams like Ohio State (punter Cameron Johnston) and Georgia (depth running back Elijah Holyfield).
  • There are no Florida players on the roster. You can’t say Roseman has #GatorBias.
  • Interesting to me to see Conference USA and the ACC tied for sixth. The latter is just slightly more prolific.
  • You probably can’t say you expected to see the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference appear on this list.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/6/23/21300555/eagles-college-football-philadelphia-pac-12-players-andre-dillard-jj-arcega-whiteside-nfl-conference