1st free agency week mock - things are looking up.

Rob331

It's Thursday and alot has changed. Corner is no longer a top priority, the interior offencive line is in good shape, and defensive tackle is no longer completely depleted. That means two of the less key positions, safety and linebacker, are now priorities on defense. 

Given the above the Eagles can rebuild the roster, dratf for the future, and not have to use priority picks for need. 

So, here's where we go from here. 

Free agency -

• Pascal and Lovato will return. Seumalo, Minshew, Suh, and CGJ will all be leaving.
  • Sign S Nassir Adderly ($5M). LB's Drue Tranquill ($2M), and Devon Bush ($2M). QB Marr Ryan ($3M). CB Greedy Willimas ($3M). Penny already in the fold. 

Draft - 

• Round 1 - Trade pick 10 to GB for a 1 (15), 3 (78), and 5 (149) - DT Brian Breese, Clemson. Replaced Hargrave.
  • Trade pick 30 to TB for 2 (50), 3 (82), and 6 (196)
  • Round 2 - Pick 50 - LB Drew Sanders, Arkansis. LB room is now Nakobi Dean, Tranquill, Bush, and Sanders with Bradley and Elliss
  • Pick 62 - S Sydney Brown, Illinois. 
  • Round 3 - Trade pick 78 and a 4th in 2024 to LV for pick 70 - draft G/C Steve Avila TCU, Replaced Seumalo and bookends Dickerson
  • Pick 82 - OT Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse
  • Pick 94 - DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State 
  • Round 5 - RB Kenny McIntosh, Georgia
  • Round 6 - S Demarco Hellams, Alabama. S room is Adderly, Brown, Hellams and Blankenship
  • Round 7 - QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA
  • P Michael Turk, Oklahoma

August signing - Dt Linval Joseph

This is likely to be overcome by events but as it stands now this is my best scenario. 

While I like your mock and thinking, I believe they’ll go in different direction.

Although I’ve been hoping for a CB in the first for ages, this organization has become pretty predictable. OL, DL and occasionally a WR…and there’s hardly anything in between.

A couple of years ago they traded up to get Dillard. While he never panned out, they did draft him to become JP’s successor. Luckily Mailata did…

In the last couple of years they took care of the left tackle situation by developing Mailata into a stud, struck gold with Dickerson at LG and selected Kelce’s heir in the 2nd last year.

With Seumalo likely leaving in FA, you could use a quality starter at RG and if that guy has the potential to slide to RT and play at a high level there all the better.

For some reason one name keeps popping up in my head. Not only is he worthy of a top 10 pick, they already met with him, he would solve the RG situation short term and has the tools to step into LJ’s footsteps once he calls it a day.

You probably know whom I’m talking about, right?!

image.thumb.jpeg.7dfc099746a2d5606d504d79f4839250.jpeg

But…if they don’t land Paris Johnson Jr. or Broderick Jones in the first, I’m pretty certain they’re gonna use a relatively high pick on an offensive lineman again. Just read the thee leaves…they’re doing a ton of homework on OT’s en OG’s and rightfully so cause they just lost Seumalo and Lane isn’t getting any younger…

The last 4-5 years Howie is preparing for the inevitable change of the watch. Dillard didn’t pan out but both Mailata and Dickerson are homeruns, jury is still out on Jurgens… Mark my words; in the next two drafts he’ll find the RG and RT of the future…one of his primary goals…