With the 10th pick in the 2023 NFL draft…

Ray75

With the 10th pick in the 2023 NFL draft…  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who’d you like the Eagles to pick @ #10?!

• Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
    • Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson
    • Paris Johnson Jr., OL, Ohio State
    • Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia
    • Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
    • Lukas van Ness, Edge, Iowa
    • Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern
    • Calijah Kancey, DT, Pitts

Taken Anderson, Gonzalez and Carter out of the equation cause I think they’ll be off the board…

Who’d you like the Eagles to pick at #10 and why?

I’m torn between Murphy and Johnson Jnr. I think Johnson Jnr may be the higher rated player overall and medium term RT is an absolute need… But I do like Murphy and he can contribute in year one. 

So as a fan I say Murphy. If I were GM? I’d probably go Johnson Jnr though.

• Like 2

Witherspoon, murphy or johnson. 

Probably Witherspoon to play as nickel and move maddox to safety

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m torn between Murphy and Johnson Jnr. I think Johnson Jnr may be the higher rated player overall and medium term RT is an absolute need… But I do like Murphy and he can contribute in year one. 

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Witherspoon, murphy or johnson. 

Probably Witherspoon to play as nickel and move maddox to safety

Tough one, hey?!

For some reason, I don’t believe they take a corner at #10. If Carter is off the board, there are literally no DT’s worthy of the 10th overall selection. Skoronski is best suited to play inside but are they really taking an IOL at 10. Don’t think so…

So IMO it’s likely between Johnson, Jones, Smith and Murphy unless they feel completely comfortable with Carter’s off the field stuff and he’s either within range or flat out available at #10.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Tough one, hey?!

For some reason, I don’t believe they take a corner at #10. If Carter is off the board, there are literally no DT’s worthy of the 10th overall selection. Skoronski is best suited to play inside but are they really taking an IOL at 10. Don’t think so…

So IMO it’s likely between Johnson, Jones, Smith and Murphy unless they feel completely comfortable with Carter’s off the field stuff and he’s either within range or flat out available at #10.

I agree it's likely they stay away from Corner at this point ... at least not at 10. Bradbury/Slay likely here for 23 and 24 now and they also picked up Greedy who I think still has the chance to be a player in the right system. I honestly don't see another DLineman I would take at 10 aside from Carter ... not a fan of OL Skoronski at all, very short arms and even more concerning to me is his below average anchoring. I think there's a good chance we trade down from 10 if we are not looking at Corner and Paris Johnson goes to Chicago at 9 or earlier.

• Like 2

Realistically I think Paris Johnson is the guy. While I am positive the Eagles are positive that Jerky can play guard, I personally think this is a back up plan worse case scenario.

As everyone knows, Lane said he wants to play only 2 more years. That said it is likely the Eagles will not be in this same position to get a bookend Tackle. Eagles got very fortunate with Mailata in the 7th. Paris Johnson can be a mauler at RG for the couple years lane has left. After he retires they have an experienced OL to jump in and take over at RT. He is a little raw but has all the measurables to be a great tackle  in this league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Realistically I think Paris Johnson is the guy. While I am positive the Eagles are positive that Jerky can play guard, I personally think this is a back up plan worse case scenario.

As everyone knows, Lane said he wants to play only 2 more years. That said it is likely the Eagles will not be in this same position to get a bookend Tackle. Eagles got very fortunate with Mailata in the 7th. Paris Johnson can be a mauler at RG for the couple years lane has left. After he retires they have an experienced OL to jump in and take over at RT. He is a little raw but has all the measurables to be a great tackle  in this league. 

My thoughts exactly… 👊🏻

• Like 1

I’m liking nolan smith a lot. Can never have enough elite pass rushers and this guy looks like Micah parsons. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I’m liking nolan smith a lot. Can never have enough elite pass rushers and this guy looks like Micah parsons. 

I’d be very happy if we select Murphy, Smith, Johnson or Witherspoon. The latter least likeliest IMO.

At 10, I want more than a solid pro. I want a player with blue-chip potential.

In this list, that is Nolan Smith.

• Like 1

i guess if i’m stuck with that pick i would take johnson who could fight for the rg spot or at the very least be our top reserve lineman at multiple positions.. i think my preference would be  a trade down to pick up another pick or two though.

• Like 1

Had to go with the best corner, Witherspoon. I like him better than Gonzales.

That said I prefer Carter at this point over the rest and think we got a shot at ten.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Trade back and acquire another first in this draft and a one for 2024.

That would be pretty cool if Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Murphy, Johnson, and Jones, are all gone :)

36 minutes ago, judunno said:

That would be pretty cool if Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Murphy, Johnson, and Jones, are all gone 🙂

Unless a QB is there or you're trading below pick 25 then I don't see a team offering a 2024 first along with their 2023 first and if you don't get a decent 2023 1st then why trade out 

1 hour ago, judunno said:

That would be pretty cool if Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Murphy, Johnson, and Jones, are all gone 🙂

I’d be surprised if the Eagles stay put. I could see them moving forward or back in this draft. I want them to acquire more picks, but they are already loaded for 2024 with selections. 

6 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Unless a QB is there or you're trading below pick 25 then I don't see a team offering a 2024 first along with their 2023 first and if you don't get a decent 2023 1st then why trade out 

This.

I could see a small trade down with New England so they can get one of the Tackles ahead of the Titans and Jets, but they're not giving us a 24 1st, 14 and 46 for 10 and 94 would be a solid trade for us.

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d be surprised if the Eagles stay put. I could see them moving forward or back in this draft. I want them to acquire more picks, but they are already loaded for 2024 with selections. 

They got that #30 that they can move around, 62, 2024 draft picks. If Howie wants to move he can move without touching 10. Although I still feel he should be aggressive and try to move up for a target with 10. He has optionality :)

On the list I picked Witherspoon. 

Skroniski has too short a wingspan to be considered. 

If not Witherspoon, Howie should trade down for this list of availables. 

11 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

If it's a desperate team for a QB i can see them giving up a 1. And if it's a trash team it may be worth it if their top targets are gone. Gonna be an interesting watch :)

2 hours ago, judunno said:

They got that #30 that they can move around, 62, 2024 draft picks. If Howie wants to move he can move without touching 10. Although I still feel he should be aggressive and try to move up for a target with 10. He has optionality 🙂

I feel like Howie might use thirty to trade for a player, but I think it will be very difficult to turn 30 into a 2024 first. Right now I believe that Howie has several options on the table and depending how the selections go will depict what choices he will make. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like Howie might use thirty to trade for a player, but I think it will be very difficult to turn 30 into a 2024 first. Right now I believe that Howie has several options on the table and depending how the selections go will depict what choices he will make. 

For sure... possibilities are endless. Amazed that he's in this position after a Super Bowl run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

For sure... possibilities are endless. Amazed that he's in this position after a Super Bowl run.

Howie’s been running a master class on how to GM and he’s steadily improving as drafter albeit still the weakest part of his game. He’s put the Eagles in excellent position to be successful for at least the next 3-5 years. 

On 3/29/2023 at 6:39 AM, Ray75 said:

Taken Anderson, Gonzalez and Carter out of the equation cause I think they’ll be off the board…

Who’d you like the Eagles to pick at #10 and why?

On 3/29/2023 at 8:38 PM, Rey said:

I agree it's likely they stay away from Corner at this point ... at least not at 10. Bradbury/Slay likely here for 23 and 24 now and they also picked up Greedy who I think still has the chance to be a player in the right system. I honestly don't see another DLineman I would take at 10 aside from Carter ... not a fan of OL Skoronski at all, very short arms and even more concerning to me is his below average anchoring. I think there's a good chance we trade down from 10 if we are not looking at Corner and Paris Johnson goes to Chicago at 9 or earlier.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:26 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know it's not the question, but I'm looking to trade up for Carter (if he is on our board) or Wilson, starting discussions at pick 6 (next year's second and this year's third would be in play for me. If they absolutely love and are sold on Carter then maybe this year's second).

If that doesn't work and the board plays out like that, I'm taking Johnson. Goes against my moaning that we don't take another defensive players high in the draft, but as others have said, he probably fills in immediately at RG, provides depth at both tackle positions and a hopeful replacement for Lane in 2/3 years.

But I think the Bears will take him at 9, so I'm looking to trade back somewhere between 12 and 16 and then taking one of Smith, Murphy or Van Ness. Maybe leaning towards Murphy.