Bijan Robinson at #10?

astrofed

Bijan Robinson at #10?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If Carter is gone, do you want Howie to pull the trigger and draft Bijan Robinson?

• Yes
    • No
    • HELL NO!!!!!!

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Only way I’m taking Bijan is after a trade back

how far back would you need to justify it?

2 minutes ago, astrofed said:

Enough to get a 3rd and fill the void between 4-7 rounds

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Where is the "HELL, NO!!!!!!” option?

there you go, don't say I never did anything for ya.

• Thanks 2

So the other 2728472828 threads that were merged in "I want to get" section wasn't good enough? It's not happening, we're not taking him at 10. Trade back gain a pick and hope he's still there is more possible. But imo Gibbs fits this Offense better. We are drafting someone for the dline if we stay put at 10.

Don't get me wrong, Bijan has all the tools to be that guy and i think he will transition very well in the NFL. But value wise, 10 is too much and you should know our history. Yes there are confirmed reports we tried to get Dalvin Cook and CMC when they came out. So it's not something Howie never thought about doing. Just don't hold your breath.

19 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

So the other 2728472828 threads that were merged in "I want to get" section wasn't good enough? It's not happening, we're not taking him at 10. Trade back gain a pick and hope he's still there is more possible. But imo Gibbs fits this Offense better. We are drafting someone for the dline if we stay put at 10.

Don't get me wrong, Bijan has all the tools to be that guy and i think he will transition very well in the NFL. But value wise, 10 is too much and you should know our history. Yes there are confirmed reports we tried to get Dalvin Cook and CMC when they came out. So it's not something Howie never thought about doing. Just don't hold your breath.

Cook was a second round pick so really that just leaves cmc as probably the only running back they have ever considered in the first round. 

They haven't traditionally valued RB.

IMO, and i don't know jack about rb, he looks elusive, hits the hole fast and gets downfield in a hurry. I believe he would thrive behind this line. His 4.46 40 is enough speed to house it if they get him a hole as he tends to get to the second level quick and then is hard to run down when he turns on the jets. He's dual threat out of the backfield and creates a severe mismatch against TE/LBs in coverage. If any Downside, he's not shown as an elite pass blocker but I think he improved greatly this year. I think he fits what we do and would excel in swing passes and wheel route concepts. I don't think he needs space to be successful but he definitely knows what to do when he finds it.

We haven't always utilized our talent correctly in the past so I would be slightly hesitant but I feel like this staff has done a better job at it.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

They haven't traditionally valued RB.

IMO, and i don't know jack about rb, he looks elusive, hits the hole fast and gets downfield in a hurry. I believe he would thrive behind this line. His 4.46 40 is enough speed to house it if they get him a hole as he tends to get to the second level quick and then is hard to run down when he turns on the jets. He's dual threat out of the backfield and creates a severe mismatch against TE/LBs in coverage. If any Downside, he's not shown as an elite pass blocker but I think he improved greatly this year. I think he fits what we do and would excel in swing passes and wheel route concepts. I don't think he needs space to be successful but he definitely knows what to do when he finds it.

We haven't always utilized our talent correctly in the past so I would be slightly hesitant but I feel like this staff has done a better job at it.

I think when a team is coming off a superbowl and has pick 10 and 30, tradition and trends might not come into play as much. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Only way I’m taking Bijan is after a trade back

An option I've considered and have not seen discussed much is this. Say Bijan drops to 10. We take him, and use some of those picks from next year to trade up from 30 to grab a more "traditional" eagles pick to strengthen a position of weakness (Dline, Oline, safety, whatever, assuming a player we are targeting lines up for us to do so).

55 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

An option I've considered and have not seen discussed much is this. Say Bijan drops to 10. We take him, and use some of those picks from next year to trade up from 30 to grab a more "traditional" eagles pick to strengthen a position of weakness (Dline, Oline, safety, whatever, assuming a player we are targeting lines up for us to do so).

Drops to 10....Who do you see taking him in the Top 10.  (hint: will not be the Eagles)

1 minute ago, Vee said:

Drops to 10....Who do you see taking him in the Top 10.  (hint: will not be the Eagles)

I have no clue, which is why I phrased it "say Bijan drops to 10". Seen a lot of mock drafts that have Atl possibly taking him at 8.

I’d root for him if he were an Eagle, but i dont believe in the positional value for such a draft asset

• Like 3

17 hours ago, astrofed said:

For Bijan’s generational talent, if we moved back to 19, got TB’s first because they wanted to move up for Levis… I’d be okay with Bijan there

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’d root for him if he were an Eagle, but i dont believe in the positional value for such a draft asset

I feel the same

And whenever his contract is mentioned I'll bring up that he was taken in the 1st round

Gotta say. I'm impressed with how smart the fans are in TATE. I didn't expect this many no's.
Probably means we're getting Bijan lmao :roll:

Taking a last look at the final mocks, a number of "experts" now have the Eagles taking him at 10. Mel Kiper, Ben Volin (excellent writer for the Boston Globe) and others think he's too good to pass on if he's there at 10.

I don't see it but then again, I didn't see them taking Hurts in the 2nd so who knows?

If he’s the Best Player Available when we’re on the clock at pick #10, and there isn’t a trade down partner with a suitable offer… don’t over think it, don’t try to out smart everyone else. Pick the BPA.

• Like 1

If Carter and Anderson are both gone, Howie may pick up a DE like Nolan Smith or Myles Murphy. Probably with a trade back to get some more picks. 

This draft kind of sucks.  If you want immediate impact Bijan is the pick. If not you pretty much should trade back. The value at 10 sucks this year.  

19 minutes ago, MidMoFo said:

If he’s the Best Player Available when we’re on the clock at pick #10, and there isn’t a trade down partner with a suitable offer… don’t over think it, don’t try to out smart everyone else. Pick the BPA.

I remember when everyone wanted CeeDee Lamb and got mad we didn't jump Dallas for him. The theme there and everyone needs to remember is that it takes a trade partner to execute a trade

• Like 1