Cam Newton to the Patriots

paco

5 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

And once again New England owns it.  Zero downside.

Agreed there. He's better than Stidham and I actually think he's a slightly above average QB. Like you say zero downside. 

Also hides the fact that they got busted AGAIN for cheating and lost a 3rd round pick. No ones talking about that this morning. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Also hides the fact that they got busted AGAIN for cheating and lost a 3rd round pick. No ones talking about that this morning. 

This is true lol. I didn't even know about that until I came on this board

If Cam plays well enough to sign a big contract with another team in free agency, the Patriots could get a 3rd-round pick back as compensation.

• Like 1

They're going to be pretty good with Cam if he's healthy. Damn Patriots. 

His shoulder looked really bad in terms of his modifying with the new throwing motion.  His health is a big question mark. A 1 year prove it deal isn't a bad move though. But, I tend to believe that his best days are behind him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

A 3rd round pick for them isn't a deterrent.  They will keep doing it.  If the NFL found them guilty of it, which obviously they did because they issued a "consequence", then they should've lost at least a 1st rounder if not multiple 1st rounders.

What Richard Sherman doesn't understand is that Cam WAS a transcendent talent and he was paid handsomely for it. Now he's a worn down 31 year old running QB that hasn't played meaningful snaps in 2 years, coming into a market where there is not much demand for starting QBs. So while we all know what Sherman is insinuating, he might need to take a step back and think before he posts. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

You mean like Adrian Peterson?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed there. He's better than Stidham and I actually think he's a slightly above average QB. Like you say zero downside. 

If he can run he is above average. If he has to sit in that pocket read defense and be accurate, he is probably one of the worst QBs. 

• Like 1

Cam Newton's career earnings are north of $120 million. Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes are about to become the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL. Russell Wilson has already been the highest paid QB in the NFL and could be again. Michael Vick earned two seperate $100 million dollar deals. Enough of the BS race baiting, Richard. 

Cam has made his money. Currently, he's a shell of his former MVP self who has had several recent injury plagued seasons. The great thing about this game, though, is that second (and third) chances can often result in bounce backs and big pay days. It can happen again for Cam, but it will all depend on how badly he wants it, and if his body fails him or not.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, paco said:

You mean like Adrian Peterson?

Lol and he ran all over us :sad:

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Wait until he finds out that 2-time league MVP Kurt Warner hasn't been able to find work in the NFL in over a decade! Hoo boy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol and he ran all over us :sad:

I really don't consider 66 yards at 4.1 ypc running all over us.

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

somebody wanna let Sherman know that this isn't 2015.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kz! said:

Wait until he finds out that 2-time league MVP Kurt Warner hasn't been able to find work in the NFL in over a decade! Hoo boy!

For some reason, I just don't think Richard Sherman would speak up for Kurt Warner like he would for Cam Newton.  I can't quite figure out why........

• Like 1

Cam is strong willed. He'll put up with the Patriot Way for 1 year, have success, and then demand $40 Mil a year.