SNOW - A Game Of Thrones sequel

DBW

Seems like it's a direct sequel to the ending that a lot of people didn't like lol

• Haha 1

At this point, with Fatso still not having finished the next book, I'm gonna go ahead and say I think we've been had.

14 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

At this point, with Fatso still not having finished the next book, I'm gonna go ahead and say I think we've been had.

I'd rather he just said, nah, fed up of GoT; got some other cool ish i want to work on, here is my ending to the books. It will be missing some characters as I realised they were pointless to the story.  Please use an AI if you want a long form book

All other bits that come out from this point on for TV, I have an outline for HBO to follow, but other than some prequel stuff that I want to finish off, that's it.  And please come to my cinema in Santa Fe,etc etc

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I'd rather he just said, nah, fed up of GoT; got some other cool ish i want to work on, here is my ending to the books. It will be missing some characters as I realised they were pointless to the story.  Please use an AI if you want a long form book

All other bits that come out from this point on for TV, I have an outline for HBO to follow, but other than some prequel stuff that I want to finish off, that's it.  And please come to my cinema in Santa Fe,etc etc

He claims the showrunners went off script for the last 2 seasons and he wasn't involved

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2023 at 3:35 PM, Mike030270 said:

He claims the showrunners went off script for the last 2 seasons and he wasn't involved

Riiiiiiight. The man who has spent years rewriting chapters to get them perfect, let 2 show runners go off of script on his lifes work?

Makes total sense.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

HBO has really fallen off a cliff. There's just no content worth a subscription anymore. This may have gotten me to resubscribe. 

• Like 1

There didn't feel a need for another Jon Snow story with how the series ended.  Especially with GRRM doing anything but finish WoW, there isn't really anything HBO can crib from either.

And I do think we are going to back to an age of not making something, for somethings sake.  The media landscape is just not what it once was.

12 hours ago, Gannan said:

HBO has really fallen off a cliff. There's just no content worth a subscription anymore. This may have gotten me to resubscribe. 

i thought the last of us was great...but they don't really have much else going for them right now. 

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i thought the last of us was great...but they don't really have much else going for them right now. 

It was, but I already forgot about it. Putting out a good 10 episode series once every 2-3 years doesn't cut it.

22 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Good

As awesome as Kit Harrington was as Jon Snow, this is probably a good thing. No source material from GRRM is just a recipe for disaster. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

It was, but I already forgot about it. Putting out a good 10 episode series once every 2-3 years doesn't cut it.

There's some other random shows mixed in I enjoyed like White Lotus, Perry Mason and Tokyo Vice.. but yea, it's no where near what it used to be. 

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

on HBO .... its now part of max streaming and it carries of hbo's & max's stuff along with a bunch of other content which now includes the discovery channel lineup - (motor trend, history channel etc) 

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

on HBO .... its now part of max streaming and it carries of hbo's & max's stuff along with a bunch of other content which now includes the discovery channel lineup - (motor trend, history channel etc) 

Mostly old stuff or stuff I can get on Hulu anyway. 

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Mostly old stuff or stuff I can get on Hulu anyway. 

wait, you're not at the edge of your seat in anticipation for the new season of, house of dragons? 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wait, you're not at the edge of your seat in anticipation for the new season of, house of dragons? 

Meh, if I hear its good, Ill wait until all the episodes are out, and pay for one month of it. Really that's what I do with just about all the streaming services other than Hulu (how we get our live tv and how I watch sports) and Netflix. Hard to justify a steady subscription for any of the rest of them. 

• Like 1