list your top 3 songs by JOURNEY!

mr_hunt

1. JUST THE SAME WAY
  2. HOPELESSLY IN LOVE
  3. ONLY THE YOUNG

RUNNER UP: The complete Captured album . Used to be the album for...........after drinks.

140228_2749824_The_Ladies_Man_anvver_2.j

• Like 2

Ha!.  My first ever concert along with The Tubes, Sammy Hagar, Bryan Adams, and John Mellencamp (I think he may have still been going by John Cougar back then) at JFK stadium.

1. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

2. Feelin' That Way/Anytime

3. Escape (The song, not the album)

• Like 2

It was Don't Stop up until, I don't know like 10 years ago when it started replacing Sweet Caroline as the hackneyed anthem of every pissed bird at every pub or sporting event on the planet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

It was Don't Stop up until, I don't know like 10 years ago when it started replacing Sweet Caroline as the hackneyed anthem of every pissed bird at every pub or sporting event on the planet.

the sopranos finale killed that song.

• Like 2

Just now, mr_hunt said:

the sopranos finale killed that song.

I think you're right - that's about when it started playing everywhere

oy

12 minutes ago, Arthur Jackson said:

I flipped on a Journey concert from 1981 on one of the cable channels the other night and I've gotta say, they f'ing rocked Don't Stop Believing.  As to the original question, here's my 3:

1) Separate Ways

2) Faithfully

3) Any Way you Want It

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I flipped on a Journey concert from 1981 on one of the cable channels the other night and I've gotta say, they f'ing rocked Don't Stop Believing.  As to the original question, here's my 3:

1) Separate Ways

2) Faithfully

3) Any Way you Want It

the 1981 houston concert is considered one of their best.

they crushed this one.

36 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the 1981 houston concert is considered one of their best.

Coke was good back then.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Redden said:

Coke was good back then.

his nose was as big as your heart !

• Haha 3

Ahhh yes the creator of the drunk sloot anthem 

• Haha 1

this isn't about journey...it's about eddie money...but close enough:

Eddie Money scored a Top 10 Mainstream Rock hit with "Shakin'," which appeared on 1982's No Control. But it's possible that it could have placed higher than No. 63 on the Hot 100 if he had removed a word that was forbidden from the airwaves.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Money recalled how he was able to slip the line "Her boobs were shakin'" -- which appears at the 1:04

"Nobody noticed it," he said. "And [my manager] Bill Graham was so, so pissed off at me because he said that could've been a Top 5 single, and 'You and your sophomoric Fing BS, now I can't get it on the radio.' But when I talked to people, they go, 'I loved it when you said that! Wow!'"

Often in those situations, the offending word would be edited out from the version that was shipped to radio, but Money said that didn't happen "because nobody caught it till the end. Yeah, I said it and I thought it was funny, but in the long run I wish I wouldn't have said it, because that record probably would've went double platinum. But I thought it was funny. ... I was high. I didn't give a crap. I said it. Who cares?"

:worthy:   

• Haha 2

I've told this story before, and I'll tell it again, 11/13/1986, Greensboro Coliseum, Journey was well into their set, playing Wheel in the Sky when, out of the corner of my eye I see a glow stick, launched from the upper level, sailing end over end toward the stage.  No drugs were involved but it seemed like it was in slow motion, end, over end, over end, right into Steve Perry's eye.  He staggered backwards, hunched over, hands over his face while the band kept on playing, unsure what happened. Finally, realizing he was hurt, they stopped playing and walked over to check on him.  He stood up, grabbed the mic, turned to the crowd, and yelled "Well that's f'ing great!  Who's the brave c-sucker who threw it?!?!".  For some reason the d00de that threw it raised his hand then, for an even less clear reason, security ran up, grabbed him, and led him down to the front of the stage where Perry jumped off and cold cocked him.  A minute or so later they launched right back into the song and finished the show strong.  Perry got arrested for assault after the show.  I was there!  Good times.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Separate Ways, btw, has one of the best hooks of all time and is easily my favorite Journey song

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, The_Omega said:

I've told this story before, and I'll tell it again, 11/13/1986, Greensboro Coliseum, Journey was well into their set, playing Wheel in the Sky when, out of the corner of my eye I see a glow stick, launched from the upper level, sailing end over end toward the stage.  No drugs were involved but it seemed like it was in slow motion, end, over end, over end, right into Steve Perry's eye.  He staggered backwards, hunched over, hands over his face while the band kept on playing, unsure what happened. Finally, realizing he was hurt, they stopped playing and walked over to check on him.  He stood up, grabbed the mic, turned to the crowd, and yelled "Well that's f'ing great!  Who's the brave c-sucker who threw it?!?!".  For some reason the d00de that threw it raised his hand then, for an even less clear reason, security ran up, grabbed him, and led him down to the front of the stage where Perry jumped off and cold cocked him.  A minute or so later they launched right back into the song and finished the show strong.  Perry got arrested for assault after the show.  I was there!  Good times.

I googled this and did get two hits - one said he was hit with a beer bottle, and the other said a bracelet :lol: 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I googled this and did get two hits - one said he was hit with a beer bottle, and the other said a bracelet :lol: 

Nah, it was a glow stick. Those other sites are disinformation bots.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Nah, it was a glow stick. Those other sites are disinformation bots.

I'm not saying I didn't believe you, just thought it was funny reading the different perspectives from various people in attendance.  

• Like 1

Well ain't they a blast from the past.

1-Seperate Ways

2-Lovin Touchin Squeezin

3-Wheel in the Sky

I've done Lovin Touchin Squeezin at karaoke and I usually tell the crowd they will have to pick up the na, na, nas at the end since I will be totally out of breath by then.  Good times.  

• Like 1