Wong's Money Leagues 2023

Shepard Wong

I drafted my first money league today and am pretty happy with the results.  I'll have to pick up an RB or two from waivers through the year but I figured RB depth is the easiest problem to fix on the waiver wire.  I kept missing on the quality TEs also but Njoku should be good enough if he stays healthy.  I was shocked at the early WRs that fell to me after going with McCaffery number 1.

Standard scoring 12 team league with 1 QB, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 FLEX, 1 TE,  a K and DST picking from the first pick in the draft:

QB: Justin Herbert, Daniel Jones

RB: McCaffery, Kahlil Herbert, Dalvin Cook, Roschon Johnson, Devon Achane, Deuce Vaughn

WR: CeeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Sky Moore

TE: David Njoku

K: Daniel Carlson

DST: Saints

• Like 1

Also, I know my first 3 receivers all have the same bye week.  They were just too good at the spots I got them to pass for that reason.

insane that lamb & wilson were there for you at 24/25. hell, higgins at the 4/5 turn might be even crazier. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

insane that lamb & wilson were there for you at 24/25. hell, higgins at the 4/5 turn might be even crazier. 

This league always goes RB heavy early so I was hoping  Wilson would make it to the turn.  All three top QBs went before the 2/3 turn which pushed them down.  Plus in this league, you have to take a penalty shot anytime you draft a cowboy, among other rules, so maybe some people backed off CeeDee to avoid getting hammered too early in the draft.  

We use a draft board with the names on stickers and you can see them get progressively more crooked as the draft goes on and the drinking intensifies. Some bad decisions get made along the way.

• Haha 1