Trey Lance traded to the Cowboys

Wallyhorse

According to the NFL web site it's not a done deal yet but likely to happen. San Fran picked him 4th overall and is said to be trading him for a 4th round pick. Ouch.

So now they used two 4th round picks on QBs that suck

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, eglz1 said:

According to the NFL web site it's not a done deal yet but on course. San Fran picked him 4th overall and is said to be trading him for a 4th round pick. Ouch.

3rd overall.  

and gave up 3 first round picks to get him. :lol: 

I know little about Lance's NFL career to date. Has he played enough to determine his level of suckitude?

31 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I know little about Lance's NFL career to date. Has he played enough to determine his level of suckitude?

Hasn’t played much due to injury, but I thought he was a massive reach to begin with. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Hasn’t played much due to injury, but I thought he was a massive reach to begin with. 

Perhaps there's a lesson here for the league's G.M.s about quarterbacks from North Dakota State, or any other small school for that matter. Not to say a good Q.B. can't come from a small school but maybe a little extra due diligence?

Just now, eglz1 said:

Perhaps there's a lesson for the league's G.M.s about quarterbacks from North Dakota State, or any other small school for that matter. Not to say a good Q.B. can't come from a small school but maybe a little extra due diligence?

At least make sure he’s had multiple good seasons and has the mental part down. If I remember correctly, Lance only really had the one season, then didn’t play during the COVID year.

So basically the Niners gave up multiple first round picks to take a guy at #3 who had one good year against sub-par competition, and hadn’t played in over a year when he was drafted. 

• Like 1

I wonder who at the 49ers was pushing for Lance? If it was Lynch maybe he can plead temporary insanity.

Step 1: Laugh at the 49ers

Step 2: Don't try to support your laughing by saying how great 5-20 Justin Fields was instead. (if he is great this year and you are still laughing in October then skip this step)

Step 3: Continue laughing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, eglz1 said:

He was bad in his first ever start. He was bad in week 1 last year on a slip and slide field after a monsoon.

He was good in his other 2 games where he threw a bunch. He was good early in the game he got hurt last year.

He's an 84 rated passer with running ability after only 4 NFL starts. I have seen hundreds of worse QBs.

Of course we have no idea if he will be good, bad, or mediocre if he ever gets to start a bunch of games.

The 49ers are the joke here, not Lance.

so instead of jerry giving dak weapons, he gives him a backup that he cant stand, that's great culture he says he's trying to build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I will assume that he’s Dak’s future replacement. 

I wonder if Dak’s head will implode like Carson’s did after the Birds drafted Hurts. 

😬

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:06 AM, SkippyX said:

He was bad in his first ever start. He was bad in week 1 last year on a slip and slide field after a monsoon.

He was good in his other 2 games where he threw a bunch. He was good early in the game he got hurt last year.

He's an 84 rated passer with running ability after only 4 NFL starts. I have seen hundreds of worse QBs.

Of course we have no idea if he will be good, bad, or mediocre if he ever gets to start a bunch of games.

I'd like to think that both the Niners and Boys are jokes

7 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I will assume that he’s Dak’s future replacement. 

I wonder if Dak’s head will implode like Carson’s did after the Birds drafted Hurts. 

😬

He's already said he's not happy with it.

hearing jerry go on about always looking to improve the team and then admitting they wanted hurts in the draft too should make for a great locker-room. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Procus said:

He's already said he's not happy with it.

Oh really?? I didn’t see or hear that. Interesting.

How good can this kid be if he can’t beat out Sam Darnold/Brock Purdy. It’s looking like he was way way way overdrafted.

At this point he probably does everything Dak can do, but better.   Low bar, but improvement is improvement.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, nipples said:

He was one of those QBs that rose higher and higher as the draft went.  Usually those guys indeed get taken higher up than they should have, and end up being pretty bad.

I think it’s too early to say Lance is a bust. We can all absolutely say that it was a bad pick from the Niners given what they gave up to move up. And we can say it’s not a great deal for Lance if he ends up as the back up to Dak. But he’s not played enough yet to determine that he’s a bust.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:06 AM, SkippyX said:

This does seem to say more about Shanahan than it does about Lance.  Shanahan just seems to be one of those coaches like Belichick who keeps telling you they like creativity in Qb's but in truth can't stand it when one takes off his straight jacket.

On 8/28/2023 at 9:44 PM, Vee said:

At this point he probably does everything Dak can do, but better.   Low bar, but improvement is improvement.

Nobody scores 42 on backups like Dak. Other than that you are probably right.

• Haha 1