GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New England Patriots, 9-10-23, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, EagleVA said:

You fail to take into account the weak schedule they had along with teams hadn't figured out how to stop that high school RPO, they're lucky Purdy got hurt, because they wouldn't have gotten to the SB.  This year it's a different story with the schedule and Belichick showed them how to handle the RPO.  So yeah, he'd better learn how to read defenses quick, fast, and in a hurry otherwise you're looking at a .500 season. 

Moral of the story, take your skirt off and put down your pom poms down, be a man an tell it like it is.

They beat all of the playoff teams they faced as well. They beat the Detroit team that just beat the SB champs. You had your drop back dud back there and he couldn’t win one lousy game for them and that’s even when he went up against the Saints. I’ll tell you like it is. Hurts is the Eagles quarterback and he’s going to be it for sometime and this team wins when he plays under center. If you don’t see that then you’re clueless. 

38 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

There were games last year where Hurts called audibles and threw to a hot route or to the 2nd or 3rd option.  Hopefully this was just shaking the rust off

Last year I saw 90% of predetermined passes to Brown or Smith, that ain't reading defenses. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They beat all of the playoff teams they faced as well. 

The Giants and the 9ers 3rd string QB was taken into account.

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You fail to take into account the weak schedule they had along with teams hadn't figured out how to stop that high school RPO, they're lucky Purdy got hurt, because they wouldn't have gotten to the SB.  This year it's a different story with the schedule and Belichick showed them how to handle the RPO.  So yeah, he'd better learn how to read defenses quick, fast, and in a hurry otherwise you're looking at a .500 season. 

Moral of the story, take your skirt off and put down your pom poms down, be a man an tell it like it is.

Luck... why do you say luck. Purdy got smashed by our very impressive record breaking physical defense that was making life for many QBs miserable up until the slop field of the super bowl. We out physicalled the 9ers which was beautiful to see. They're still butt hurt. Your half empty Eagles fandom seems to be down to a 1/4 empty. You ok?

52 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The Giants and the 9ers 3rd string QB was taken into account.

Cincy just put up a goose egg against the Browns. The Chiefs lost and they weren’t looking so spectacular in doing so. Borrow looks atrocious week one. You’re overreacting. 

59 minutes ago, judunno said:

Luck... why do you say luck. You ok?

You're seeing things, you OK?  There was no mention of luck.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Cincy just put up a goose egg against the Browns. The Chiefs lost and they weren’t looking so spectacular in doing so. Borrow looks atrocious week one. You’re overreacting. 

I'm not overracting, they're playing a 1st place schedule and I'm seeing the same elementary QBing from Hurts that I saw last year, tunnel vision for 2 WRs, that ain't gonna cut it this year.

The only ting that's worth considering is dumbarse Siriani vs Belichick, that's a bigtime mismatch

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

One game? He did that sheet all of last year, there is no reading defenses and finding the open man, it was either Smith or Brown 90% of the time.......PREDETERMINED!!

Like I said, that RPO ain't gonna work this year, if he doesn't learn how to read defenses the Eagles will be a .500 team at best.

I totally agree with this....it really is not going to work this year....I would love to see them stop using it altogether but hey, I am just a fan on a message board....

Jordan Davis, Blankenship and Carter had very good grades. The O-line underperformed as did Hurts in week one. The good news is I expect the lot of them to put that game behind them and get on track. 

55 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You're seeing things, you OK?  There was no mention of luck.

Bruh you literally just said they're lucky Purdy got hurt. Man you're losing it.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Last year I saw 90% of predetermined passes to Brown or Smith, that ain't reading defenses. 

Can you verify that stat? Those were two of the most productive WRs in the NFL and both produced some of the NFL's top QB ratings when targeted. If it was all predetermined, you'd think defenses would have an advantage.

25 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I totally agree with this....it really is not going to work this year....I would love to see them stop using it altogether but hey, I am just a fan on a message board....

Stop using what got them to a super bowl and damn near win it? hmmmm

Just now, brkmsn said:

Can you verify that stat? Those were two of the most productive WRs in the NFL and both produced some of the NFL's top QB ratings when targeted. If it was all predetermined, you'd think defenses would have an advantage.

He's just yapping... he has no clue what the reads were in this offense nor does anyone on this board. Further, he can't even remember what he wrote a few minutes ago. He would be a good politician.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I'm not overracting, they're playing a 1st place schedule and I'm seeing the same elementary QBing from Hurts that I saw last year, tunnel vision for 2 WRs, that ain't gonna cut it this year.

The only ting that's worth considering is dumbarse Siriani vs Belichick, that's a bigtime mismatch

Every year people talk about the schedule. The NFC East had three playoff teams last year so apparently that schedule wasn’t a weak as people told us. There are always teams that look good one year and fall off the next. The Bengals couldn’t even score on the Browns this year and they were just a few bad plays from the Super Bowl last year. The Chiefs don’t look invincible. Many of the playoff teams from last season lost their first games. Let’s see what this team looks like in four games. 

2 hours ago, judunno said:

He's just yapping... he has no clue what the reads were in this offense nor does anyone on this board. Further, he can't even remember what he wrote a few minutes ago. He would be a good politician.

Dude also thinks Greg Ward is a better receiver than DeVonta Smith too so some things can’t be helped. 😂🤣😂

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Dude also thinks Greg Ward is a better receiver than DeVonta Smith too so some things can’t be helped. 😂🤣😂

Oh my. He should never post again

Allen looking color blind tonight. He doesn’t even know which team he should be throwing to. People need to relax on the Eagles. Week one football generally stinks. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Allen looking color blind tonight. He doesn’t even know which team he should be throwing to. People need to relax on the Eagles. Week one football generally stinks. 

I think this week one was actually pretty good. I for sure was entertained.

22 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Even Romo pointed out that Bellichick was using some disguised coverages that you rarely see used, they were setting up as if they were in man to man but running zonal, the team should be prepared but you don't expect all the plays to come out in game one of a season.

I'd like to see snap counts because eyeballs it looked like Cox got the most snaps at DT which is pretty ridiculous given his age and our consecutive top 15 picks at DT, and the fact that Carter was clearly the most disruptive interior lineman we had.

And I think the Eagles only used their best plays until they got ahead, then went plain vanilla because they don't want to give away their whole bag of tricks in the first game. When it got close again, they had to reveal a few more special plays. They want to give other teams only as much film as absolutely necessary. 

2 hours ago, Infam said:

I think this week one was actually pretty good. I for sure was entertained.

The games were interesting, but a lot of teams who will likely be fighting for playoff spots at the end lost. Just stating it’s okay to be concerned about some of the stuff we saw, but it’s a whole other thing to act like this is the end because they struggled to get a win on a road game with weather. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The first pick he threw was overthrown so badly the commentators tried to say he was punting it.

22 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The first pick he threw was overthrown so badly the commentators tried to say he was punting it.

I mean I didn’t like how Jalen was reacting to the coverages the Patriots threw at him, but he wasn’t out there making boneheaded throws and just overall flailing like Allen was. Considering everything Jalen realizes he gives his team the best chance to win by not turning the ball over. 

The offense looked exactly how I expected them to look with them not playing in the preseason, rusty.  Week 1 was crazy - Giants can't score, Bills lose as Allen plays like a rookie, and Rodgers hurts his achilles,  

Archived