A-A-Ron carted off

DBW

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Some think this will be it for him.

Speculatuon this morning on 98.7 in New York (Jets radio station) is the Jets need to go after Matthew Stafford with everything they have.

'Is that 98.7  Am I on? Yeah my name is uh... Wes Speed, from LA, first time caller, life long Jets fan, this whole mess is a damn shame, I just want to say, I think the Jets should offer a couple of firsts for Matt Stafford... their window is now, and Matt Stafford is the guy to get them over the hump... the GM at the Rams is a smart handsome man, I bet he'd take 2 firsts, maybe throw in a second and another second next year strikes me as fair for such a talented Quarterback, thanks for having me on, love to the family'

'Hey there, My name is John, John McNay, I'm also from LA, and I just wanted to say how much I agree with your previous caller Les...sorry Wes, the Jets should go all in for Stafford from the Rams, maybe offer a 3rd next year as well, what with him being such a good quarterback and all.  Shame we can get the coach from there too McVay? He's the best coach in the NFL in my opinion, I've heard he's real funny too, thanks for having me on...what?..oh yeah the 49ers suck... no wait crap, the Giants, the Giants suck...' call cuts off

Now with some time to think:

If you're the Jets and you know Rodgers is now officially out for the year, do you bring in Carson Wentz to back up Zach Wilson?  I would think the Jets would want Rodgers around to be a "football dad" as much as possible and if so, having Rodgers whisper in Wentz's ear might be enough to ressurect his career.  That might be a more realistic option since Wentz likely would only require the league minimum (plus incentives) at this point. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain F said:

Career over. 

His career was over last year when he couldnt even make the playoffs, no way that was going to change this year.

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now with some time to think:

If you're the Jets and you know Rodgers is now officially out for the year, do you bring in Carson Wentz to back up Zach Wilson?  I would think the Jets would want Rodgers around to be a "football dad" as much as possible and if so, having Rodgers whisper in Wentz's ear might be enough to ressurect his career.  That might be a more realistic option since Wentz likely would only require the league minimum (plus incentives) at this point. 

If I’m the Jets, and I paid Aaron all that money to play but to also coach up Wilson, I’d rather not bring in another veteran QB, Wentz especially.  It’ll just muddy the waters and hinder Zach’s development and if they do bring in someone else then Zach knows his career in NY is over and I’d be requesting a trade asap if I were him.  They wanted Aaron because he was a "sure thing” and they felt like they could make a run this year while also helping Zach.  The question is, so they have any faith in zach?  After watching hard knocks it doesn’t appear they do.  So maybe they will bring in someone else, but it would be to start, not backup.  

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Of course he wont just leave, he's going to milk this for the "will he or wont he retire" attention all the way to the start of next years training camp, Green Bay had to deal with it now its the Jets turn to put up with the diva drama

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't understand the hate he gets from some of you

2005-2010 aaron was awesome

2011-current day aaron is a super dewsh 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20230912_144158.jpg

I could definitely see them bringing in Wentz.  What options are out there right now?

Can't wait to see Wentz play hero-ball in a Jets uniform 😂

• Haha 1

Wentz is more mobile but Foles has better pocket presence.

I like Foles down the stretch for the Jets with that D and those weapons but not for 12+ starts

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

Can't wait to see Wentz play hero-ball in a Jets uniform 😂

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Wentz is more mobile but Foles has better pocket presence.

I like Foles down the stretch for the Jets with that D and those weapons but not for 12+ starts

2 hours ago, Procus said:

I could definitely see them bringing in Wentz.  What options are out there right now?

Don’t assume they’ll bring anyone in to be a starter though.  Wilson will get his shot.  Even if they sign a guy tomorrow, it’s 3-4 weeks before they’re ready to jump in and run the offense effectively.  

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Don’t assume they’ll bring anyone in to be a starter though.  Wilson will get his shot.  Even if they sign a guy tomorrow, it’s 3-4 weeks before they’re ready to jump in and run the offense effectively.  

If they bring in Wentz or Foles, it would be to back up Wilson.  Wilson is going to be the QB going forward.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

You've met him?

That’s such a dumb response.  Like You don’t have any preconceptions or opinions of athletes, celebrities, politicians, etc you’ve never actually met?  He’s been in the public eye for a long time so I’ve seen enough to form an opinion.  

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

That’s such a dumb response.  Like You don’t have any preconceptions or opinions of athletes, celebrities, politicians, etc you’ve never actually met?  He’s been in the public eye for a long time so I’ve seen enough to form an opinion.  

Or I could have been asking if you genuinely have met him and knew first hand but nope you wanted to go the a-hole route. Good day

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Or I could have been asking if you genuinely have met him and knew first hand but nope you wanted to go the a-hole route. Good day

I know you better than that.  And no I’ve never met you either.