DeSean Jackson quotes the great...

EagleMatt

He's dumb for doing this. Lurie and Roseman are both Jews and what he said was extremely irresponsible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welp, this offseason is off to a rousing start. Brooks out for the season.  Now, Jackson makes anti-Jewish posts.   This might not end well.

• Like 2

hey jets looking for a speed wr , wanna trade a safety

• Like 3

SMH.  Why would he even get remotely close to publishing a comment like that?   When someone rolls a quote attributed to Hitler into a published post, it just shows how far off track our world has become. These divisive attitudes and actions and the double standard can't be acceptable.

Prediction: Nothing will come from this.  Don't be surprised.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

SMH.  Why would he even get remotely close to publishing a comment like that?   When someone rolls a quote attributed to Hitler into a published post, it just shows how far off track our world has become. These divisive attitudes and actions and the double standard can't be acceptable.

Prediction: Nothing will come from this.  Don't be surprised.

He'll have made an apology and agreed to some sort of education programme by Friday and even then there's a realistic chance he gets cut, there's no way the team can let that stand,  he could've tried to float a defence that he wasn't aware of all Farrakhan's expressed views but there's no way he can quote Hitler (even falsely) and say he thought it was a positive thing.

I know the narrative you're shooting for but honestly think it's horseshit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devpool said:

Hitler didn't even say that

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He'll have made an apology and agreed to some sort of education programme by Friday and even then there's a realistic chance he gets cut, there's no way the team can let that stand,  he could've tried to float a defence that he wasn't aware of all Farrakhan's expressed views but there's no way he can quote Hitler (even falsely) and say he thought it was a positive thing.

I know the narrative you're shooting for but honestly think it's horseshit. 

I ahree with you. What you say is the correct method of handling the situation.  Apologies and sensitivity training are nice, but they amount to nothing.  I just suspect that the team stops well short of ending his employment, but that is the most correct response.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Won’t be an issue.  If a white guy said it, different story.  

Honestly you're kidding yourself, there's no way a team with a Jewish owner and GM is going to let that go unpunished,  he is genuinely at risk of being cut IMO.

Anytime your quote starts with "Hitler said” you’re making a grave mistake from whatever you say or write from that moment on. I do wonder how this is going to play out. Their stance on Riley Cooper will play into this. 

• Like 5

Oh no........... This is exactly why people say shut up and play. Also I wonder how someone like you know Howie ROSEMAN will take this. Maybe being black will save him.

• Like 2

Who had Desean Jackson going full anti-semite on their 2020 bingo cards?  

• Haha 12

The team needs him enough that he won't be cut but he is obviously going to be doing a lot of damage control the next few months 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!

Forget it he's rolling 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anytime your quote starts with "Hitler said” you’re making a grave mistake from whatever you say or write from that moment on. I do wonder how this is going to play out. Their stance on Riley Cooper will play into this. 

What does Riley Cooper have to do with the price of pu$$y in Pittsburgh?  The only people who'll bring up Cooper will be low IQ individuals trying to use whataboutism as a ploy to distract from Jackson's stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Br3 said:

I seriously doubt roseman or lurie care about this 

I bet they will when he wants an extension.

19 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

What does Riley Cooper have to do with the price of pu$$y in Pittsburgh?  The only people who'll bring up Cooper will be low IQ individuals trying to use whataboutism as a ploy to distract from Jackson's stupidity.

Well the Eagles decided to keep him after his racist rant from his own mouth. Not only that they gave him a contact extension. So it clearly is a factor and if you don’t understand that you’re a dope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh no........... This is exactly why people say shut up and play. Also I wonder how someone like you know Howie ROSEMAN will take this. Maybe being black will save him.

Or how - born-to-Jewish-parents, (albeit, he's non-practicing) Jeff Lurie - will take it.

They can't cut him because then the media will scream from high heaven that they kept Riley Cooper when he directly used the N word, yet cut D-Jax after he quoted racist stuff.

Normally I'm a sky is falling type of person, but this really will just blow over.

• Like 1

Jeaus djax wtf is wrong with you dude?  

How much money has lurie put in your bank account over the years?  

ingrate.  

besides, isn't there enough hate in this country right now?