Week 5 Discussion

GroundAttack

Week 5 starts the bye week for 4 teams. The Browns, Chargers, Seahawks and Bucs are off.

TNF starts with the winless Bears on the road against the Commanders.

Another London game and it will feature the Jags again. They are considered the "road" team for this game against the Bills.

The Texans are on the road against the Falcons. CJ Stroud is at 1,212 yards for the season, surpassing Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert and Andrew Luck for the second-most yards through four starts to begin a career. He trails only Cam Newton's 1,386 yards.

Looking to avoid 5 straight loses to open the season, Carolina is in Detroit to play spoil.

AFC South matchup between the Titans and Colts from Indy. 

Coming off a terrible MNF game, the Giants don't get an easier task as they travel to play the Dolphins.

Dealing with the shoulder injury still, Derek Carr and the Saints face the Patriots who just lost rookie CB Christian Gonzalez for some time and possibly the rest of the season with a shoulder injury of his own.

One of the best rivalries in football, the Ravens are on the road to face the Steelers who are dealing with an injury of their own with Kenny Pickett. He's dealing with a bone bruise and a muscle strain. His status for Sunday is TBD.

If there is ever a time for the Bengals to turn their season around, it's this one as they are on the road against the Cardinals. 

The Jets are on the road to play the Broncos. Word came out today that the Jets are going to let Breece Hall loose with no more limitations.

Probably Mahomes` weakest game in a while, the Chiefs barely got past the Jets on the road last week. They stay on the road to play the Vikings who are off to a 1-3 start this season.

Looking to start 6-0 in back to back seasons, the Eagles play the Rams who both teams are coming off OT wins.

Game of the week on SNF between the Cowboys and Niners.

MNF between the Packers and Raiders. 

14 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

The Jets are on the road to play the Broncos. Word came out today that the Jets are going to let Breece Hall loose with no more limitations.

This is one that I am struggling with in DFS.  He's dirt cheap and has no limitations.  Denver is showing as the best matchup for RBs.  BUT....  How much is that from Mostert and Ahh-chooo raining down roughly 40 TDs on them two weeks ago?  Not sure if Denver is THAT bad against the run.   Shut down Josh Jacobs and was respectable against Washington although Robinson did have 2 TDs

5 hours ago, paco said:

This is one that I am struggling with in DFS.  He's dirt cheap and has no limitations.  Denver is showing as the best matchup for RBs.  BUT....  How much is that from Mostert and Ahh-chooo raining down roughly 40 TDs on them two weeks ago?  Not sure if Denver is THAT bad against the run.   Shut down Josh Jacobs and was respectable against Washington although Robinson did have 2 TDs

Aside from shutting down Josh Jacobs week 1 (and that was with Jacobs holding out during the pre-season and not returning til the end of August, so he probably wasn't in peak condition), the Broncos gave up 87 rush yards and 2 TD's to Robinson of the Commies and 103 rush yards and a receiving TD to Herbert of the Bears.

The Broncos run defense is weak. This will either be a close game or the Jets will be leading comfortably. Either way the Jets will be running to keep the clock moving and not let Zach Wilson blow it.

Start Breece Hall with confidence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Aside from shutting down Josh Jacobs week 1 (and that was with Jacobs holding out during the pre-season and not returning til the end of August, so he probably wasn't in peak condition), the Broncos gave up 87 rush yards and 2 TD's to Robinson of the Commies and 103 rush yards and a receiving TD to Herbert of the Bears.

The Broncos run defense is weak. This will either be a close game or the Jets will be leading comfortably. Either way the Jets will be running to keep the clock moving and not let Zach Wilson blow it.

Start Breece Hall with confidence.

Good deal!

Zero chance you are living in the Denver area by any chance?

1 hour ago, paco said:

Good deal!

Zero chance you are living in the Denver area by any chance?

Hey I'm going with Breece myself, so if he fails you, he's failing me too.

I now live in PA. Moved here in 95 when I was a kid.

I do fly out for a game every now and then. You in the Denver area?

3 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

Hey I'm going with Breece myself, so if he fails you, he's failing me too.

I now live in PA. Moved here in 95 when I was a kid.

I do fly out for a game every now and then. You in the Denver area?

I use to live on 22nd and Blake from 2009 through 2016. Heard some crazy stuff about my old neighborhood and was curious if the rumors were true. 

Washington are getting annihilated by the Bears :roll:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, paco said:

I use to live on 22nd and Blake from 2009 through 2016. Heard some crazy stuff about my old neighborhood and was curious if the rumors were true. 

Gotcha. Yeah, I couldn't tell you. Sorry.

Wouldn't surprise me though. Denver has its share of craziness.

That's why when I fly out for games, I usually stay in Edgewater, just west of the city and a close ride to the stadium.

I had Chicago winning this game but too late to claim it for bragging rights I guess, the Commnaders most impressive game this year was paying a depleted Eagles back 7 and losing anyways.  Fields is clearly hot.

Refs let the Bills stay in the game and still lost

Surprised they didn't replay the fumble

On 10/6/2023 at 7:58 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I had Chicago winning this game but too late to claim it for bragging rights I guess, the Commnaders most impressive game this year was paying a depleted Eagles back 7 and losing anyways.  Fields is clearly hot.

One of the well known Philly sports writers -- who has a ton of articles posted in 411 -- proclaimed that Wash would easily crush the Bears before that game. 🙃

So props to you for calling a Bears win.

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Dolphins are deadly

Would love to see them in the SB. Sick of the Chiefs. And if our Iggles can't get there, would love to see the Lions do it.

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Jones picked for a TD

Honey Badger would have looked good in Eagle green. 😬