GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Los Angeles Rams, 10-8-23 4:05 PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I hope Quez never sees the field again this year 

Seems like your mind was made up long before he hit the wrong lane on a bubble....😒

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Seems like your mind was made up long before he hit the wrong lane on a bubble....😒

My mind was made up after last season. I was hoping he got replaced during the offseason. He doesn't make this team better in any way. And yes, I really think Hurts ignored him in the back of the end zone and trusted a covered Smith instead. It was the wrong decision but I don't blame Hurts if he totally lost confidence in Quez. He's a liability out there. 

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

My mind was made up after last season. I was hoping he got replaced during the offseason. He doesn't make this team better in any way. And yes, I really think Hurts ignored him in the back of the end zone and trusted a covered Smith instead. It was the wrong decision but I don't blame Hurts if he totally lost confidence in Quez. He's a liability out there. 

I can’t help but wonder if Hurts viewed that throw too high as Watkins either once again mistiming his jump or just being too scared to go get it. It seemed like for a moment they were feeding Watkins touches. After the miss on the one wide open play and the terrible 3rd down play I just don’t think Jalen had anymore confidence in the guy. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just got to trade for a good safety and sort out the red zone issues and we will be looking really really strong for another SB run.

I want to see Sydney Brown once he's back from injury and continues to develop.  If he doesn't take over as starter this year, I would expect him to start next year.  He and Blankenship should be solid.  They're probably not going to have the best safeties in the league, but as long as they have strong corners...

They need to get guys back healthy.  They have been rotating secondary especially trying to figure out who is best for the slot.  They made adjustments in the 2nd half and shut them down, so they need to learn from the first 5 games and the adjustments they made and play that way in the 1st half.

They have some young guys and backups that will only get better every week.  Eli Ricks is still an undrafted free agent rookie, and he's improving each week.  Slay and Bradberry need to get back to playing at a high level.  The talent is there.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Hey @brkmsn your boy Barnett once again got his super impactful 23% of the snaps! No Cox no problem, cause they still hardly use him. Good to know five weeks into the season Mr. Seven to Eight sacks is still getting just 13 snaps. 

Barnett doesn't play DT. He plays RDE when they use a 4 man line. He's the primary backup to Sweat and never replaces Cox. 

Quit confusing other people's predictions with me. You keep bringing up that sack prediction that I never made. 

Finally, it's a little disappointing that Nolan Smith hasn't cut into Barnett's 20-24% snap role, isn't it?

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Barnett doesn't play DT. He plays RDE when they use a 4 man line. He's the primary backup to Sweat and never replaces Cox. 

Quit confusing other people's predictions with me. You keep bringing up that sack prediction that I never made. 

Finally, it's a little disappointing that Nolan Smith hasn't cut into Barnett's 20-24% snap role, isn't it?

Barnett had been used in multiple positions. Graham is also not a DT, but the Eagles used him there too and in the Rams game. It doesn’t matter where Barnett lines up. He’s not doing much regardless. Five games in and he has one more tackle than DeVonta Smith. 😂

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Barnett had been used in multiple positions. 

Where has he lined up this season besides RDE and in what game?

13 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

My mind was made up after Washington loss last year. Quez is a liability.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Barnett had been used in multiple positions. Graham is also not a DT, but the Eagles used him there too and in the Rams game. It doesn’t matter where Barnett lines up. He’s not doing much regardless. Five games in and he has one more tackle than DeVonta Smith. 😂

Didn't Graham destroy one of their OL on one play? Lined up at dt?

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Where has he lined up this season besides RDE and in what game?

I’ve seen him be useless inside and outside this season bud, but I’m not going back through every game to watch Barnett do nothing. 

On 10/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, bigdog54 said:

An elite QB don’t miss a wide open receiver. Hurts is great but not elite yet 

This is one of the most foolish post I've seen in years.

Another point Chris Long made in talking about this game.  He said that if the Rams were told the future, that the Eagles would only be scoring 23 points they would think for sure they will outscore them.  Eagles defense did a great job keeping them to 14 points, and a dominant 2nd half after excellent adjustments.  Kudos to Desai for those adjustments, while rotating slot corners and dealing with some injuries.

Kupp came back strong with 8 catches for 118 yards.  Siri pointed out that because of the Eagles offense time of possession, the Rams only had 3 drives in the first half.  He said that doesn't give Desai a lot of plays to look at and study to make adjustments, but they did and were successful.  

I hope Jalen Hurts is able to find WR Smith (Smithy) more often this week against the Jets, and keep HB Swift in there when in the Red Zone.

I was able to watch this game on a big screen tv. It was glorious. The first quarter had me being pessimistic but after that the Eagles were completely dialed in. The commentator talk of how the Rams are back quickly faded. 

5 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

I was able to watch this game on a big screen tv. It was glorious. The first quarter had me being pessimistic but after that the Eagles were completely dialed in. The commentator talk of how the Rams are back quickly faded. 

Shut down defense will do that.

:flex:

Archived