Upcoming Roster Moves. Who gets cut?

erformc

14 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Penny is a mystery. Either Eagles are saving him for the second half of the season? Or Maybe he can be traded? I do not know...but considering how much money they paid to him...he is not exactly a cut material at this point.

When they brought in both he and Swift they both had injury concerns.  Most fans weren't all that high on them because of injury.  They said both are really good...when they actually play.  Everyone expected a committee rotation.  Even Siri made all 4 of them the #1 RB on the depth chart because he wasn't naming a specific starter.

I just figured they were collecting the RBs to see what they had in camp and preseason.  I think they were strategic by feeding Gainwell the first game as the returning player that knows the playbook and being patient with unveiling Swift.  I figured they were going for "load management" to help prevent injury or wear and tear.  Swift just took off and you can't not play him.  

If an injury happens, Penny will dress and start getting into the mix.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Penny is a mystery. Either Eagles are saving him for the second half of the season? Or Maybe he can be traded? I do not know...but considering how much money they paid to him...he is not exactly a cut material at this point.

I'll say this much, I was surprised that the Seahawks made him a #1 pick, I viewed his film coming out and I wasn't impressed because all I saw were long TD runs where he was untouched, you've got to see what a RB does with contact to make an educated decision and apparently Penny doesn't handle contact well based on his injury history.

• Like 1

Well Evans was just placed on IR so that now frees up a spot (whether that will be used to activate Dean or they have another move in mind, we shall see).  

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-safety-justin-evans-out-at-least-a-month-after-going-on-injured-reserve/540747/