GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets, 10-15-23, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

29 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

This is exactly why I say he's overrated, Smith being a beast of a receiver is absurd.

Beastly receivers doesn't go down as easily as Devonta Ertz, excuse me, Devonta Smith.

You have this archetype that every receiver needs to be DK or Brown or something. Stop it man just stop you sound silly as usual. Smith is off to a great start in his career. You pretend like he hasn't been Mossing people for receptions at 170lbs lol. You go to bat for Quez Watkins but not Smith... make it make sense lol

51 minutes ago, judunno said:

You have this archetype that every receiver needs to be DK or Brown or something. Stop it man just stop you sound silly as usual. Smith is off to a great start in his career. You pretend like he hasn't been Mossing people for receptions at 170lbs lol. You go to bat for Quez Watkins but not Smith... make it make sense lol

At this point I could care less if Quez is even on this team. Seen enough.

Quez ain't got Ish on Devonta Smith.

5 hours ago, judunno said:

You go to bat for Quez Watkins but not Smith... make it make sense lol

I don't go bat for Quez, I just think the many are over critical of him, as for Smith, all I've ever said was he's overrated, some even go as far as to say he's a beast of a receiver.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't go bat for Quez, I just think the many are over critical of him, as for Smith, all I've ever said was he's overrated, some even go as far as to say he's a beast of a receiver.

Sure you do lol. Yet your over critical of Smith. Weird.

52 minutes ago, judunno said:

Sure you do lol. Yet your over critical of Smith. Weird.

With that subpar game Smith had Sunday, I didn't say a word about his performance, no soft, no wuss, no marshmallow or anything of the such, players will have subpar games from time to time.......no big deal. If Quez had a performance like that I'd be able to hear keyboards clicking down here in VA with extreme hate.  

But here's the million dollar question, why are you so concerned with what I think? 

I couldn't care less what you think, what you think, and what I think are nothing more than opinions and everyone is entitled to there's.

Furthermore, there's a HOF WR that I was never impressed with and if Smith makes the HOF, unless he changes my impression of him he'll just be an average Joe at WR in the HOF.

18 hours ago, EagleVA said:

With that subpar game Smith had Sunday, I didn't say a word about his performance, no soft, no wuss, no marshmallow or anything of the such, players will have subpar games from time to time.......no big deal. If Quez had a performance like that I'd be able to hear keyboards clicking down here in VA with extreme hate.  

But here's the million dollar question, why are you so concerned with what I think? 

I couldn't care less what you think, what you think, and what I think are nothing more than opinions and everyone is entitled to there's.

Furthermore, there's a HOF WR that I was never impressed with and if Smith makes the HOF, unless he changes my impression of him he'll just be an average Joe at WR in the HOF.

Smith didn’t play scared like your boy does. He played poorly and everyone acknowledges that. Stop bringing up Twinkle Toes now. He’s probably out a very long time. Hard to be the guy you claim he is when he can’t even get on the field. 

I'd rather Smith have this off game in October than in Jan/Feb. We're all overreacting to the Jets loss. It's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems. There are some legitimate health issues right now, but the exposure these guys get now may help if they need to step in later. I think the Bengals are a pretty good example last season coming off their SB loss. They started the season fairly sluggish, were 0-2, then 4-4 week 8 before finishing the season with a record of 12-4. The Eagles could be 6-6 after the 49'ers game and could still end up finishing 11-6 with a hot hand heading into the playoffs and destroy teams on the way to the SB. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Smith didn’t play scared like your boy does. He played poorly and everyone acknowledges that. Stop bringing up Twinkle Toes now. He’s probably out a very long time. Hard to be the guy you claim he is when he can’t even get on the field. 

I never claimed him to be anything except overly criticized and rarely targeted.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I never claimed him to be anything except overly criticized and rarely targeted.

He’s criticized, because he has more blunders remembered than good plays. He’s rarely targeted, because he has more blunders remembered than good plays. Do you see the correlation? 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s criticized, because he has more blunders remembered than good plays. He’s rarely targeted, because he has more blunders remembered than good plays. Do you see the correlation? 

The correlation I see is EE ==> Criticize Quez Watkins.....100% of the time.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

The correlation I see is EE ==> Criticize Quez Watkins.....100% of the time.

I would love to see Quez do anything praiseworthy. It would make my day. Let me ask you Quez super fan when was the last time Quez did anything of merit? And please not whiny (he doesn’t get the ball thrown his way) excuses, because OZ gets less passes thrown his way and I recall even him scoring a TD recently so no bs excuse. When was the last time Quez did anything good? 

On 10/17/2023 at 5:37 PM, EagleVA said:

It's a public chat forum. People post things... people respond. Wait... the VA in your name stands for Virginia. I thought it stood for veteran.

I agree with VA that people are waiting for something to complain about after every game Quez plays. I agree with everybody else that VA has a flawed opinion of Smith. It's his opinion and that's fine, but everything he's written about Smith, IMO, is so far off the mark it's like he has a vendetta. Finally, I think I agree with judunno in that people should be consistent. 

Smith is, IMO, a top 10 WR in the NFL. He's coming off a bad game and he admits it. Watkins is, IMO, a top 70 WR. He is coming off a disappointing season and he admits it. I don't believe in "floors" and "ceilings." Those are just meaningless labels arbitrarily given to players based in if they are liked or unliked by the giver. But I believe Watkins can play at a top 40 level when healthy. I don't mind that he thinks he's "elite" --- I certainly wouldn't use that label. But I don't think he's "trash, a bum, a waste," etc... that his critics claim he is either. Regardless of how anybody feels about my opinion of Quez, at the end of the day I just don't see how anybody could put Watkins in the same tier of WRs that Smith is in. It's amazing that we have 2 of the top 10-20 WRs on this team. I think because of that, people look down on Quez because the drop-off is huge going from 1-20 all the way to 70-80ish. 

51 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I agree with everybody else that VA has a flawed opinion of Smith. It's his opinion and that's fine, but everything he's written about Smith, IMO, is so far off the mark it's like he has a vendetta.

I don't have a vendetta against Smith, I just think he's highly overrated.....as in "a beast" and "a top 10 WR", I don't see those kind of accolades for him, he's just an Average Joe to me.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I would love to see Quez do anything praiseworthy. It would make my day. Let me ask you Quez super fan when was the last time Quez did anything of merit? And please not whiny (he doesn’t get the ball thrown his way) excuses, because OZ gets less passes thrown his way and I recall even him scoring a TD recently so no bs excuse. When was the last time Quez did anything good? 

Sorry, I don't  jot down notes on Quez. 

I can tell you I uttered more that once "great catch Quez" on  poorly thrown balls to Quez, most of which were either underthrown or off target. 

14 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't have a vendetta against Smith, I just think he's highly overrated.....as in "a beast" and "a top 10 WR", I don't see those kind of accolades for him, he's just an Average Joe to me.

I think you do. You haven't liked him since the day we drafted him. You constantly claim he gains no separation which is a pretty big falsehood. It's strange to me to read what you write about him. It's no different to me than reading other people complain about Watkins' "drops" or "fumbles" when he only had 1 career fumble and 6 career drops and a lower than normal drop percentage. 

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think you do. You haven't liked him since the day we drafted him. You constantly claim he gains no separation which is a pretty big falsehood. It's strange to me to read what you write about him. It's no different to me than reading other people complain about Watkins' "drops" or "fumbles" when he only had 1 career fumble and 6 career drops and a lower than normal drop percentage. 

You're free to think what you want, but I'll tell you what's strange, ranking him a top 10 WR, that would make him better than 22 #1 WRs in the league. 

I mean, he was given the #1 WR role his rookie year and I rendered him nothing more than a possession receiver.

41 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Sorry, I don't  jot down notes on Quez. 

I can tell you I uttered more that once "great catch Quez" on  poorly thrown balls to Quez, most of which were either underthrown or off target. 

Well for as much as you hype him up as being so great you would think you could at least remember some special Quez moment. The guy caught 33 passes last season and you basically have told me none of them were all that special for the "deep threat.” 

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well for as much as you hype him up as being so great 

Liar, Liar, Pants of Fire 

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Liar, Liar, Pants of Fire 

Okay so it’s official that you don’t think he’s better than Smith. 

On 10/17/2023 at 4:27 PM, EagleVA said:

This is exactly why I say he's overrated, Smith being a beast of a receiver is absurd.

Beastly receivers doesn't go down as easily as Devonta Ertz, excuse me, Devonta Smith.

Must have been hard to sit on that absurd take for years. Been waiting long for him to miss a couple so you can finally feel like you were right moaning about his size when he was drafted, hm?

Archived