The Boys on Amazon Prime

DaEagles4Life

On 8/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Getting his gills fingered made me a little uncomfortable 

brought back memories ? 

• Haha 2

On 8/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Getting his gills fingered made me a little uncomfortable 

That was the point, right?  Reverse rape.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:58 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just starting watching season one...

Wife and i rewatched it to freshen up. It held up to a second viewing since some time had passed.

• Like 1

I don’t have time to ever binge in a day anymore, but def prefer to watch 3-4 a week to keep it fresh in my mind. 

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

I don’t have time to ever binge in a day anymore, but def prefer to watch 3-4 a week to keep it fresh in my mind. 

I rarely go more than 1 a night if the show is good. I want to think a bit about what I saw. My wife hates that sometimes though, especially if an episode has any sort of cliffhanger.

Rewatching season 1 again in anticipation of the new season. Karl Urban doing a mediocre-at-best British accent and Simon Pegg doing a mediocre-at-best American accent always makes me giggle a bit. 

First 3 episodes of S2 dropped today.  The Boys are back in town!

Get some!

On 8/30/2020 at 6:21 PM, DEagle7 said:

Rewatching season 1 again in anticipation of the new season. Karl Urban doing a mediocre-at-best British accent and Simon Pegg doing a mediocre-at-best American accent always makes me giggle a bit. 

It new zealand and I’m pretty sure it’s his actual accent just changed up to match the character. 

8 hours ago, homerpat said:

It new zealand and I’m pretty sure it’s his actual accent just changed up to match the character. 

He's from NZ originally yes but the accent in the show is an attempt at pure over the top cockney. A pretty hilariously bad one. 

Lol I got to episode 3 and it was the end. I was like wait where's the rest? I didn't know Amazon did the weekly episode things. I don't remember that for season 1. The whole point of streaming is watching as much as you want at your pace. Some people like going through an entire season in a few days

10 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

First 3 episode were ok.  Doesn't feel like season has really hit its stride yet.

Yup. They weren’t bad but I feel like not much happened either.

First 3 episodes feel like they're trying to set up the latter half of the season.  Still good so far, but has the feeling of moving to one side then coming back to the other without going forward much.  Seems like once they decide on a direction to go it'll be at a balls to the wall full run.

• Like 1

I wish they would just drop all the episodes at once. That way my wife and I could blow through them in a couple days and get back to complaining about there being nothing to watch

• Like 4

On 9/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, BFit said:

I wish they would just drop all the episodes at once. That way my wife and I could blow through them in a couple days and get back to complaining about there being nothing to watch

LOL - The eternal argument in our house too...  We're never on the same page with it either.

I've got 2 recent recommendations for Sneaky Pete and Goliath on Prime - couple seasons on both, which should keep us busy for a few weeks maybe.