The Boys on Amazon Prime

DaEagles4Life

On 6/24/2022 at 12:57 PM, Agent23 said:

MM's jacket couldn't catch a break

What a great set up that was - going from gross to OMGross...

Deep getting a beej behind the aquarium was hysterical too...

It's like Shameless getting mashed together with the Avengers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I keep watching last episode that is how f'ing good it is/was.......

Highlight of my week that doesn't involve the misses or kiddo

On 6/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, hputenis said:

I'm obviously a big horror fan, and I can't think of a better villain than Homelander.  He is terrifying.  

Hide contents

The scene where Homelander forced the Deep to eat his tiny octopus friend while he was begging for his life was one of the most unnerving scenes I've ever watched.  That disturbed me much more than anything I've seen in a horror film recently.  

Antony Starr absolutely kills this role.  The whole show is well cast but he's just a masterpiece. He does "dead eyes/fake smile" as well as anyone I've ever seen. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I keep watching last episode that is how f'ing good it is/was.......

it was the giant dong, wasn't it?  

nttawwt :whistle:

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

it was the giant dong, wasn't it?  

nttawwt :whistle:

You're a giant dong! (not to be mistaken for having one)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Antony Starr absolutely kills this role.  The whole show is well cast but he's just a masterpiece. He does "dead eyes/fake smile" as well as anyone I've ever seen. 

Starr and Karl Urban carry the show. Both are absolutely amazing

• Like 3

On 6/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, DEagle7 said:

:D

"I'm throwing ropes!"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gannan said:

"I'm throwing ropes!"

scenes like that are a reminder that seth rogen is one of the executive producers. :lol:  

• Haha 1

Ok...this pains me as I love this show but last episode 7, meh....total boring let down after Herogasm.  

6 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Ok...this pains me as I love this show but last episode 7, meh....total boring let down after Herogasm.  

To be fair that bat was set ridiculously high. Herogasm was some of the most ridiculous crap I've seen on a TV. 

Good finale but....they really need to make more than 8 of these episodes in a freaking season......totally sucks that it's over!

• Like 2

In the last episode when Soldier Boy was charging up about to hit Homelander and Butcher stops him because he didn't want the kid to be hit... Wouldn't Butcher have been better off letting Soldier Boy hit them both? I thought his blast destroyed the V in a supes blood and basically just made them powerless... Butcher could have killed homelander and Ryan would have the V removed and been a normal kid after that

1 hour ago, Aspiritfall said:

Hide contents

In the last episode when Soldier Boy was charging up about to hit Homelander and Butcher stops him because he didn't want the kid to be hit... Wouldn't Butcher have been better off letting Soldier Boy hit them both? I thought his blast destroyed the V in a supes blood and basically just made them powerless... Butcher could have killed homelander and Ryan would have the V removed and been a normal kid after that

he killed a bunch of supers at herogasm, so it could have killed the kid too [spoiler/]

Was all ready to get pissy all over twitter about Antony Starr not getting nominated, then realized he’s not eligible until next year. I’ll hold the fanboy fit for a year then. 

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, homerpat said:

Antony Starr totally robbed by Golden Globes. Easily best performance IMO this year. 

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

JEFF BRIDGES   THE OLD MAN

KEVIN COSTNER   YELLOWSTONE

DIEGO LUNA   ANDOR

BOB ODENKIRK   BETTER CALL SAUL

ADAM SCOTT   SEVERANCE

i cant speak on scott or bridges as i did not see those shows, but i think starr definitely deserved a nod over luna and even costner. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA

JEFF BRIDGES   THE OLD MAN

KEVIN COSTNER   YELLOWSTONE

DIEGO LUNA   ANDOR

BOB ODENKIRK   BETTER CALL SAUL

ADAM SCOTT   SEVERANCE

i cant speak on scott or bridges as i did not see those shows, but i think starr definitely deserved a nod over luna and even costner. 

or put him in the comedy musical category. Scott deserves the nod. Severance is amazing. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, homerpat said:

or put him in the comedy musical category. Scott deserves the nod. Severance is amazing. 

i loved andor and thought luna was amazing in it, but i would vote for starr over him, costner and odenkirk. 

• 9 months later...

Gen V is on Prime. It's a direct spinoff of The Boys, and honestly has the exact same feel, tone, comedy etc. I only watched the first episode but it's very good.

And in typical The Boys fashion, the first episode has the most ridiculous sex scene I've ever seen on TV to the point I have to look at my wife, give an awkward smile and swear it's actually a good show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2