GDT: Miami Dolphins @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-22-23, 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

A lot of you were quick to attack Hurts

The bar is set very high for most fans and when he falls short, it's ok to express disappointment in his play. There are times when he is terrific and he should be praised then as well. 

11 hours ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

Really held 'em to 10 points given the pick six.

I really don't have much issue with the defense so far this season beyond the pass defense. Run D has been solid all season. Pass D has been spotty and at times horrible.

But our defense is keeping teams to low scores and that is a very important stat.

The offense on the other hand still looks out of sorts. Jalen is amazing. I love the guy. But he looks to be a split second behind things on a lot of play this season. Not sure if he is hesitant or thinking too much or what it is. But he just doesn't look as comfortable in the offense this season.

Even the read option plays. It's like he is waiting an extra half a second or so to make his decision.

52 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

A lot of you were quick to attack Hurts

I admit I was. He showed me something, though. You can't count him out just because of a bad play or two. 

55 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

The offense on the other hand still looks out of sorts. Jalen is amazing. I love the guy. But he looks to be a split second behind things on a lot of play this season. Not sure if he is hesitant or thinking too much or what it is. But he just doesn't look as comfortable in the offense this season.

Even the read option plays. It's like he is waiting an extra half a second or so to make his decision.

I don’t know. Looks to me like he doesn’t put himself in danger as much for the few extra yards running but when it comes to throwing it really is on the OL.

The amount of times someone is in his face right away seems much higher than last year. Maybe the defenses we play are just better but truth to be told I expect more of ‘the best OL in the NFL’..

What I don’t like of Hurts play is that he seems to misjudge the ability of guys jumping with their hands up to tip or block his throws. He can improve there.

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I read one of the Giants MB. And OMG do they have a violent deep hate for Nick. 😄😄

29 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I read one of the Giants MB. And OMG do they have a violent deep hate for Nick. 😄😄

That's funny because most of us around here have a violent deep hate for them too.

My boss is a Giants fan. He was horrible last season because they looked a little good. This season not so much. His misery has been lovely to see. Two TDs in a MONTH. That team is so bad it's beyond funny.

Giants-Fans.jpg

I got a chance to watch about half of the game late last night. Am I the only one that thought that the team should have all been wearing black shoes? 

f4706f41b9183d1680c2fbf94336761e.jpg

I also think the Kelly Green looks just a tad lighter than it was back in the day, but I can live with it. 

Just caught the highlights.

Very good all round against a good Miami team.

The 2 4th down shoves in the 4th quarter was a real statement.

The 2nd (when I think they might have questioned the previous spot), was just sheer power. They absolutely trucked the Fins D line. 

One game at a time but the team is looking good. 

It seemed like the balance of the game was up for grabs when Miami tied it up at 17. Then the defense shut it down and the offense put the game away. Good solid team win.

They should always strive to improve. Resting on laurels is how you get beat. Always strive to be better, always push the bar and push the envelope. Never be caught standing still. That is how champions stay champions.

It looks pretty clear the Eagles were looking ahead to this game and overlooked the Jets.  That's the only thing I can think of that could explain producing a dumpster fire against a bad team and then playing a very good game against a good team. 

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The bar is set very high for most fans and when he falls short, it's ok to express disappointment in his play. There are times when he is terrific and he should be praised then as well. 

I agree Hurts needs to play better consistently. The turnovers this season are just too many too often.

Some of his ints were not his fault in totality but ints they remain none the less. As Ive said before, he simply looks a bit off. It's like he is a split second behind on a lot of plays. Less comfortable in the offense might be a better way to put it.

11 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

It looks pretty clear the Eagles were looking ahead to this game and overlooked the Jets.  That's the only thing I can think of that could explain producing a dumpster fire against a bad team and then playing a very good game against a good team. 

The Jets Defense is better than the Dolphins defense.

The Jets Defense put together an A+ game and they dominated the trenches all day long. That's why we lost. I don't think there is some grand excuse as to why we lost. The Jets Defense played better than we did and we lost the game. Our offensive game plan sucked too.

36 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

I agree Hurts needs to play better consistently. The turnovers this season are just too many too often.

Some of his ints were not his fault in totality but ints they remain none the less. As Ive said before, he simply looks a bit off. It's like he is a split second behind on a lot of plays. Less comfortable in the offense might be a better way to put it.

Hurts is playing hurt. I thought he looked slow and I was right. He injured his knee BEFORE this game and kept it quiet. I had no idea he had a knee injury until he put a brace on it at halftime.

6 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

The Jets Defense is better than the Dolphins defense.

The Jets Defense put together an A+ game and they dominated the trenches all day long. That's why we lost. I don't think there is some grand excuse as to why we lost. The Jets Defense played better than we did and we lost the game. Our offensive game plan sucked too.

Yeah that's true their defense is better.  But I wouldn't grade their game an "A+", they just capitalized on a few really flukey plays, several key Eagle injuries, and a few Eagles players making some uncharacteristic critical mistakes.   

Well yeah, but our offensive game plan sucking would make you think two possible things:  1) Our OC is an idiot or 2) they took this game lightly and didn't make a good game plan and it backfired

31 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yeah that's true their defense is better.  But I wouldn't grade their game an "A+", they just capitalized on a few really flukey plays, several key Eagle injuries, and a few Eagles players making some uncharacteristic critical mistakes.   

Well yeah, but our offensive game plan sucking would make you think two possible things:  1) Our OC is an idiot or 2) they took this game lightly and didn't make a good game plan and it backfired

I take option 1.

Brian Johnson is questionable to say the least.

17 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Hurts is playing hurt. I thought he looked slow and I was right. He injured his knee BEFORE this game and kept it quiet. I had no idea he had a knee injury until he put a brace on it at halftime.

Archived