GDT: Miami Dolphins @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-22-23, 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

20 hours ago, judunno said:

Playoffs Chiefs and Mahomes should scare everyone. They ascend to a whole different level come playoff time. We need all of the defensive weapons we can get if they manage to get back to the Super Bowl for an Eagles rematch.

We also need a giant ShamWow to dry the field.

52 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

We also need a giant ShamWow to dry the field.

Let it go. Both teams had to play on that field.

4 hours ago, Devaster said:

Let it go. Both teams had to play on that field.

This argument never jived with me because both teams did not have the same strengths and weaknesses, so the field conditions effected both teams differently despite both teams having to play on it.  The Eagles strength and number 1 advantage was their ability to get to the QB, that was completely negated by the field conditions.  Neither team could effectively get to the QBs, but that wasn't where the Chiefs top advantage was going into that game.

1 hour ago, Eagles_ftw said:

This argument never jived with me because both teams did not have the same strengths and weaknesses, so the field conditions effected both teams differently despite both teams having to play on it.  The Eagles strength and number 1 advantage was their ability to get to the QB, that was completely negated by the field conditions.  Neither team could effectively get to the QBs, but that wasn't where the Chiefs top advantage was going into that game.

And the field having a significant impact never jived with me. Teams do things to neutralize the strengths of their opponent. I remember the same thing happening in the Patriots SB where both teams went up and down the field all game. Even though we had an amazing pass rush and defensive rotation that season. It showed up when it mattered most with the strip sack.

Gannon didn't have that defense prepared and I'm liking the defensive scheme so much better this season. Just hope we can make it back.

Archived