R.I.P. Matthew Perry, "Chandler" from Friends

iladelphxx

I saw this a couple of hours ago. On one hand, shocking. On the other hand, not that shocking if you know his history. 

On a personal note, he was about 6 months younger than me. Whenever people my age die like this, it's always a shock to the system and brings my own mortality to mind. 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I saw this a couple of hours ago. On one hand, shocking. On the other hand, not that shocking if you know his history. 

On a personal note, he was about 6 months younger than me. Whenever people my age die like this, it's always a shock to the system and brings my own mortality to mind. 

A guy I work with died cutting his grass from a heart attack and he was only 43.... I'll be 43 in December, has me kind of shook

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

A guy I work with died cutting his grass from a heart attack and he was only 43.... I'll be 43 in December, has me kind of shook

Don't tell me that! I just cut my grass yesterday! :ph34r:

Today, I had to crawl under one my Japanese Maples to cut out some wild trees that were growing up and overtaking the Japanese Maple. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Don't tell me that! I just cut my grass yesterday! :ph34r:

Today, I had to crawl under one my Japanese Maples to cut out some wild trees that were growing up and overtaking the Japanese Maple. 

Take it easy out there! We need you here lol

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Take it easy out there! We need you here lol

After hearing about Perry, my mother told me basically the same thing (seriously).

But yeah, I do my best. As disturbing as it is that someone my age (Matthew Perry) died, he lived a bit of a hard life in terms of substance abuse/misuse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wow you are one old bastid!  Jk….kind of….I turn 43 in May. 

image.gif.8724885a518569922ad14f5b60fd1466.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Wow you are one old bastid!  Jk….kind of….I turn 43 in May. 

image.gif.8724885a518569922ad14f5b60fd1466.gif

Sheet is crazy man! I'll never leave you! Lol

• Haha 1

Never knew that the father in the following scene is Matthew Perry's real father:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aspiritfall said:

Damn rip Mrs chanandler bong 

"Actually, it's Miss Chanandler Bong..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife actually cried on Saturday night a little bit over this.  We've had friends on repeat on Max in our living room for about 4 years now while she works remote.  I think I've literally seen the show from start to finish about 100 times.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

My wife actually cried on Saturday night a little bit over this.  We've had friends on repeat on Max in our living room for about 4 years now while she works remote.  I think I've literally seen the show from start to finish about 100 times.  

It gets hate sometimes but it really was a funny show 

• Like 2

RIP.  So young.  I hope he didn't relapse.  He sure did torture his body.  Thinking his cause of death may be related to that.  Problem with his colon, liver, or his heart.

55 minutes ago, DiPros said:

RIP.  So young.  I hope he didn't relapse.  He sure did torture his body.  Thinking his cause of death may be related to that.  Problem with his colon, liver, or his heart.

They're saying that he drown 

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Never knew that the father in the following scene is Matthew Perry's real father:

I emailed a friend who is also a Friends fan and told her this... and apparently, I did know this previously because she mentioned that I'd told her this multiple years ago... I have no memory of that, though lol. 

16 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

They're saying that he drown 

Yeah, but what caused him to drown? Heart Attack? Some sort of prescription drug that caused him to sleep, like Whitney Houston? Something else? That (the drug thing), was my first thought when I heard the news and that he'd drowned. 

55 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, but what caused him to drown? Heart Attack? Some sort of prescription drug that caused him to sleep, like Whitney Houston? Something else? That (the drug thing), was my first thought when I heard the news and that he'd drowned. 

My money is on drugs.  Hell, this is what he was up to in 2020 according to Wiki

while attending rehab in Switzerland, Perry faked pain to get a prescription of 1,800 milligrams of Oxycontin per day and was having daily ketamine infusions. He was given propofol in conjunction with a surgery, which stopped his heart for five minutes. The resulting cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) resulted in eight broken ribs. He paid $175,000 for a private jet to take him to Los Angeles to get more drugs. When doctors there refused, Perry spent another $175,000 to take a private jet back to Switzerland.

4 minutes ago, paco said:

My money is on drugs.  Hell, this is what he was up to in 2020 according to Wiki

Yeah, that's my thinking too. But he was apparently in really bad health due to all of the abuse over the decades, so I don't rule out a 'natural' cause, like heart attack. Of course, all of that abuse likely would have led to that, even if he wasn't abusing anything lately. 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, that's my thinking too. But he was apparently in really bad health due to all of the abuse over the decades, so I don't rule out a 'natural' cause, like heart attack. Of course, all of that abuse likely would have led to that, even if he wasn't abusing anything lately. 

I guess we'll find out one day.  I thought the cardiac arrest is what finally got him sober.  Not saying he didn't relapse, but he was in poor health for someone his age.  Read that he played pickleball that day.