R.I.P. Matthew Perry, "Chandler" from Friends

iladelphxx

6 hours ago, DiPros said:

I guess we'll find out one day.  I thought the cardiac arrest is what finally got him sober.  Not saying he didn't relapse, but he was in poor health for someone his age.  Read that he played pickleball that day.

I doubt they’ll ever release it and, really, it’s nobody else’s business.

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I doubt they’ll ever release it and, really, it’s nobody else’s business.

I'm thinking that if any kinds of substances were involved (drugs or alcohol), his family would likely want it released. Kind of like a public service sort of thing, with the hope that maybe it would 'scare straight' someone else that may be traveling down that same path. That seemed to be a goal of his, while he was still alive. 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm thinking that if any kinds of substances were involved (drugs or alcohol), his family would likely want it released. Kind of like a public service sort of thing, with the hope that maybe it would 'scare straight' someone else that may be traveling down that same path. That seemed to be a goal of his, while he was still alive. 

Maybe, but in this day and age I doubt it.  No substances were found at the scene, but he was found by his assistant, so who knows if anything was cleaned up before the cops arrived or not.  Of course it's always possible that he just had a bad heart and the hot tub triggered a massive coronary. 

3 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Maybe, but in this day and age I doubt it.  No substances were found at the scene, but he was found by his assistant, so who knows if anything was cleaned up before the cops arrived or not.  Of course it's always possible that he just had a bad heart and the hot tub triggered a massive coronary. 

Substances were found, just not illegal substances. His biggest issues were with prescription drugs, and some were there. Were they the cause? We'll likely find out in a few weeks. But I'm thinking that his interview where he said that he'd want to be remembered more for being able to help others get out of addiction, will influence his family in such a way that they'd want the results to be public, even if it shows that some kinds of drugs (illegal or otherwise), were a contributing factor. 

I read an article earlier though where a former medical examiner speculated on potential causes of death that were 'natural', based on his publicly known medical history. Heat stroke, stroke and heart attack were mentioned and because of some of the medical history that we know about, he speculated that those past events may have caused a higher susceptibility to those causes. 

The thought of heat stroke was because he'd just played pickleball, then got into the hot tub which would raise his body temperature even more. Then his past history would make his body systems weaker and heat stroke could cause him to pass out or fall asleep... then drown, being in the hot tub. 

I'm just thinking that  whatever the cause, he was such a public figure, that the family won't hide anything. It'd likely end up leaking out anyway. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Substances were found, just not illegal substances. His biggest issues were with prescription drugs, and some were there. Were they the cause? We'll likely find out in a few weeks. But I'm thinking that his interview where he said that he'd want to be remembered more for being able to help others get out of addiction, will influence his family in such a way that they'd want the results to be public, even if it shows that some kinds of drugs (illegal or otherwise), were a contributing factor. 

I read an article earlier though where a former medical examiner speculated on potential causes of death that were 'natural', based on his publicly known medical history. Heat stroke, stroke and heart attack were mentioned and because of some of the medical history that we know about, he speculated that those past events may have caused a higher susceptibility to those causes. 

The thought of heat stroke was because he'd just played pickleball, then got into the hot tub which would raise his body temperature even more. Then his past history would make his body systems weaker and heat stroke could cause him to pass out or fall asleep... then drown, being in the hot tub. 

I'm just thinking that  whatever the cause, he was such a public figure, that the family won't hide anything. It'd likely end up leaking out anyway. 

Any form of medicine, even OTC migraine medicine, that is a vasodilator can result in passing out in a hot tub.  The hot water itself vaso dilates and can cause it.  That’s why they tell you to not to drink alcohol in a hot tub.  But it’s all speculation.  Dude could have just been tired from playing pickelball and fell asleep and subsequently drowned.  

Just read that the cast is making $20 Million (or more) per year just on re-runs and streaming. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just read that the cast is making $20 Million (or more) per year just on re-runs and streaming. 

Psssh...that's nothing. Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld make $400M each for each syndication cycle of Seinfeld.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, paco said:

They found trace amounts and he said before that he was doing ketamine therapy for Depression and Anxiety. 

Ketamine can mess with your blood pressure (they actually monitor you in clinics and tell you to use a BP monitor for home administration) so the fact that he went in a hot tub after a ketamine infusion probably  caused his BP to drop and he passed out and drown. 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

They found trace amounts and he said before that he was doing ketamine therapy for Depression and Anxiety. 

Ketamine can mess with your blood pressure (they actually monitor you in clinics and tell you to use a BP monitor for home administration) so the fact that he went in a hot tub after a ketamine infusion probably  caused his BP to drop and he passed out and drown. 

All well and good but…..

”high levels”

more likely he ended up in a k hole and drowned. 

On 12/16/2023 at 11:13 PM, iladelphxx said:

But from the little that I've read, his treatment had been a week (or so), previous to his death. So that treatment didn't have anything to do with his death. Likely, he got his hands on some for recreational use and did it on his own, got into the hot tub and the rest is history.