Eagles trade DL Kentavius Street and a 2025 7th-round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for a 2024 sixth-round pick.

Connecticut Eagle

After he dropped the easiest INT he would ever get in his life during the preseason he was dead to me. Never cared for him since 

6 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Are not a bit light at DT now? as we saw when davis and carter went out yesterday?

He was so far down the depth chart, it doesn't matter. Not hard to replace him or give those limited snaps to others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

He was so far down the depth chart, it doesn't matter. Not hard to replace him or give those limited snaps to others.

He got 31% of the snaps yesterday 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rrfierce said:

Very strange Trade. Maybe they’re bringing someone in some the DL. Wish this says Barnett. 

19 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Ummm ok...Superbowls...🤷‍♂️

Seems like a good trade for street, hell probably get more PT in Atlanta and Morjomo can take his snaps 

41 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Are not a bit light at DT now? as we saw when davis and carter went out yesterday?

Carter expected to play Sunday and then there's a bye week. I haven't seen anything about Jordan Davis.  They still have Cox and Williams, and they're promoting Ojomo.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Getting some picks to make another trade tomorrow?

I don't doubt it...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Thinking Howie has something else in the works, just a gut feeling.

I don't think he's got a ton of bullets left in the gun.  You don't want to give away the extra 2nd round pick, or even the conditional 3rd. You need the cheap labor. Think about the guys they need to resign/extend in the coming years:

- Landon Dickerson - He'll be eligible for an extension after this year and All-Pro OL don't grow on trees.  Especially need to keep him for continuity because Kelce is year to year and Lane only has about 2 years left. His APY starts at about $20M/year.
- DeVonta Smith - Also eligible for an extension after this year. True, you actually have him for the next 2 years after this and possibly 3 because of the tag (which they never use), but the kid is a foundational building block. He'll take a much steeper discount after Year 3. 
- Haason Redick - No way he goes into the last year of his deal without a renegotiation.  He's almost 30, but pass rushers like him don't grow on trees.
- AJ Brown - His contract is structured in a way that he'll either be cut/extended after the 2024 season. As good as he is, they're  not bringing him back in 2025 at a $26.5M cap number. And let's be honest, he's a WR that's outplaying his contract. Those guys always cause problems when they feel they're underpaid.
- Milton Williams - Sadly, someone is going to give him a big contract because he's a hell of a player. 
- Josh Sweat - 2024 is the last year of his contract. Can they afford both he and Reddick? 

Moro Ojomo played surprisingly well in preseason. When we had a couple DTs out for a game earlier, he was activated and played a few snaps and had a pretty good grade from PFF that day. Small sample, obviously, but at least he wasn't a liability. I think it just became time to start activating him on game days and getting him some work.

Good trade......Street is a decent DT but will have limited opportunity here....and Howie gets a slightly higher draft pick.

These are the kinds of trades he makes that seem irrelevant, but can those picks can sweeten a deal for somebody else.

I think he's got something else up his sleeve before the deadline.....

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It Howie collecting a pick for a bigger plan later? 

Possibly, he also created a little extra cap with Byard contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

That was Howie's plan. Pretend he's useful, then bamm!! 🤣🤣avatars-000341873057-oa7uh8-t500x500-1.jpg.ce4f2ceb5457a49dcd764314fb0581f0.jpg

• Haha 3

For all those who think the Eagles are setting themselves up for another trade with this deal, remember that last year around this time Suh and Joseph were signed.  Eagles don't need to expend anymore draft capital if they go this route.

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Moro Ojomo can play that role and they can give Williams and Tuipulotu some more snaps as well. He was what #6 DT? Behind Cox, Carter, Davis, Williams, Tuipulotu. Hopefully this move also means Carter's injury is not serious. 

We also needed to free up from roster spots with Julio, Cam Jurgens and Just Evans likely needing roster spots on the #53 soon. 7 DTs was a luxury we can no longer afford. We were very light at LB. WR and P in our initial 53 and have more bodies there now i.e. Covey, Morrow, Mann 

42 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Good trade......Street is a decent DT but will have limited opportunity here....and Howie gets a slightly higher draft pick.

These are the kinds of trades he makes that seem irrelevant, but can those picks can sweeten a deal for somebody else.

I think he's got something else up his sleeve before the deadline.....

They also need to free up 3 spots on the active roster. Part of this trade will let them keep one of Albert O, Rashad Penny or Josiah Scott who were probably some of the leading candidates to be cut along with Street. May as well get some value for him

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

My guess is Moro Ojomo will get an opportunity. He got some playing time against the Rams when Fletch missed the game with the back injury.

• Like 1