Eric Allen named as a Finalist for the 2024 Hall of Fame Class (his first time as a finalist)

VaBeach_Eagle

Cunningham is clearly and obviously a HoF QB.

He was 2nd in MVP voting 3 times.

He wasn't just one of the best players at his position (which he sort of created a new position), he was also one of the best players overall.

The problem is nothing is clear or obvious to the morons who vote for the HoF so he will wait for the veterans committee.

You can't tell the story of the NFL without Randall. You can tell it forever without Edge James.

• Like 4

There is no logical path to a Hall that includes Gale Sayers and Jim Kelly and not Randall Cunningham.

Cunningham's highlights and freak statistics match Gale Sayers. Sayers left early due to injury but Cunningham lost 27+ games in his peak prime to leg injuries.

(another 4 to a strike)

Cunningham has 28 less rushing yards than Gale Sayers.

Cunningham was a better NFL QB than Jim Kelly. Kelly spent 6+ years on an AFC all-star team

Giving a playoff credit HoF ticket  to a 20 TD 28 pick playoff QB is insanity. The playoff Bills peaked with Reich at QB in that comeback.

Switch them and Cunningham wins a SB or two while Kelly gets demolished behind the Eagles O-line.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2023 at 4:40 PM, JournalistMic said:

Brian Mitchell is an interesting prospect simply because of his Special Teams contributions, He still holds the record for all time leader in total yards.

He'll go in as a Redskin.

• Like 1

Eric Allen should already be in. Cunningham should get in sooner rather than later. Only 2 worth mentioning

• Like 1

Seth Joyner not even being on the list to get voted in makes me not give 2 s***s about the NFL HOF.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 3:36 PM, SkippyX said:

He was 2nd in MVP voting 3 times.

Won MVP once (PFWA). 

22 hours ago, EagleVA said:

He'll go in as a Redskin.

It doesn't work that way, he'll go in as Brian Mitchell, Player for the Washington Redskins, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants. 

Eric Allen and Ricky Watters made the cutdown. Of the two, I think Allen has the best chance.

• Like 1

I think Watters deserves it as well...there isnt many RBs i can think of that has his combination of size, speed, durabillity, and receiving skills...

On 11/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, Captain F said:

Hines Ward

Antonio Gates

Jeff Saturday 

Vince Wilfork

Darren Woodson

Julius Peppers - 9X pro bowler - 4th all time sack leader. 

A beloved member of the Eagles secondary gets elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday and the Eagles win the Super Bowl on Sunday. 

Sound like a familiar scenario?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious, how many people here on the EMB never saw Allen play for the Eagles?

• Like 1

As previously mentioned, Eric Allen should have been in years ago. It was him who made me want to play that particular position. Cunningham also but I cannot believe Romo is on this list.....no, no and more no....he accomplished absolutely nothing at all smh

Yes to Brian Mitchell...no to Irving Fryar.....the only knock on Watters is his infamous remark....besides that, he was very accomplished.....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Eric Allen is a finalist for the first time, maybe this is his year!

Eric Allen, Cornerback — 1988-1994 Philadelphia Eagles, 1995-97 New Orleans Saints, 1998-2001 Oakland Raiders

Jared Allen, Defensive End — 2004-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2008-2013 Minnesota Vikings, 2014-15 Chicago Bears, 2015 Carolina Panthers

Willie Anderson, Offensive Tackle — 1996-2007 Cincinnati Bengals, 2008 Baltimore Ravens

Jahri Evans, Guard — 2006-2016 New Orleans Saints, 2017 Green Bay Packers

Dwight Freeney, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker — 2002-2012 Indianapolis Colts, 2013-14 San Diego Chargers, 2015 Arizona Cardinals, 2016 Atlanta Falcons, 2017 Seattle Seahawks, 2017 Detroit Lions

Antonio Gates, Tight End — 2003-2018 San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers

Rodney Harrison, Safety — 1994-2002 San Diego Chargers, 2003-08 New England Patriots

Devin Hester, Punt Returner/Kick Returner/Wide Receiver — 2006-2013 Chicago Bears, 2014-15 Atlanta Falcons, 2016 Baltimore Ravens

Torry Holt, Wide Receiver — 1999-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Jacksonville Jaguars

Andre Johnson, Wide Receiver — 2003-2014 Houston Texans, 2015 Indianapolis Colts, 2016 Tennessee Titans

Julius Peppers, Defensive End — 2002-09, 2017-18 Carolina Panthers, 2010-13 Chicago Bears, 2014-16 Green Bay Packers

Fred Taylor, Running back — 1998-2008 Jacksonville Jaguars, 2009-2010 New England Patriots

Reggie Wayne, Wide Receiver — 2001-2014 Indianapolis Colts

Patrick Willis, Linebacker — 2007-2014 San Francisco 49ers

Darren Woodson, Safety — 1992-2003 Dallas Cowboys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe this took this long. Allen was one of the best at his position for years. Not enough respect was given to that Eagles defense. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We still have one glimmer of hope for something positive here. It wouldn't make up for the horrible way the season ended, but for those of us who watched his career, it would at least be something positive to hang our hats on. 

• 4 weeks later...

Unbelievably, Eric Allen didn't get in... :nonono:

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

On 12/1/2023 at 12:33 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm curious, how many people here on the EMB never saw Allen play for the Eagles?

I don't recall seeing him play. I would have only been young, and only really interested in offense

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I don't recall seeing him play. I would have only been young, and only really interested in offense

If you'd seen him and understood how good he was, you'd definitely been interested.

It's damn near a criminal act to not vote him into the HOF. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you'd seen him and understood how good he was, you'd definitely been interested.

It's damn near a criminal act to not vote him into the HOF. 

I saw him in his prime and he was terrific.

Cornerback is historically underrepresented in the HOF.