Eagles 2.5 point home underdogs vs. Niners

Hawkeye

1 hour ago, EagleFan85 said:

Bosa against Driscoll is terrifying to be honest

Its even more terrifying when you realize who our OC is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe I'm wrong... please correct me ... weren't we dogs almost every playoff game during our super bowl run ?

Hurts seems like the type that will love to prove all the doubters wrong..

Let's go

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed, and it doesn't have anything to do with respect. A point spread is a market, and like all markets, it follows the money. 

Oh I know … I’m talking about the fans taking it as disrespect.

I’m wondering if SF coming off a mini bye (since they played on Thanksgiving so will have a few extra days of rest and preparation) play into that line.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How can we be underdogs at home? It was only a couple of weeks ago the Niners had to break a 3 game losing streak.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The media wants to love on the 40whiners so bad.  They were hyping them hard before their string of losses.  They finally won again and were suggesting they're the best team in the NFC despite our record.  Their players have whined ever since the loss and they're hyped for revenge.  This would be a great time for the Eagles to finally "play to their potential" that we keep hearing about, and have their best performance.

They LOVE the Purdy story.  Did you know he was the last pick in the draft, Mr. Irrelevant?  Oh, you did?  That won't stop them from saying it multiple times every game he plays.  They have a talented roster yes, and the top RB in the league.  But the media refuses to love in Philly, they will hype up the 49ers.  Even when they lost 3 in a row they were still saying they are the best team in the NFC.   

• Like 3

The media gets enamored with blowout wins.......especially against weak teams.  The 49ers lost 3 games in a row, but beat the jags, tampa and seattle by big scores.  And that's all the media needs to create a false narrative that they are better than the eagles.

Eagles 31 40-whiners 21

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Libtard nation said:

Maybe I'm wrong... please correct me ... weren't we dogs almost every playoff game during our super bowl run ?

Let's go

That is correct sir

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Hurts will take the first 3 quarters off looking like crap and then say I don't give a F and they'll end up winning while we all stroke out again

Stroke out is right, my Doctor just prescribed me a new set of medicines.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The media gets enamored with blowout wins.......especially against weak teams.  The 49ers lost 3 games in a row, but beat the jags, tampa and seattle by big scores.  And that's all the media needs to create a false narrative that they are better than the eagles.

Eagles 31 40-whiners 21

This whole season has been a whiners suck fest by the media. Never have I heard a team talk so much ish after losing the title game. And Shanahan is still most famous for 28-3 yet they somehow have every advantage yet they cant function when they cant bully the opposition. I really hope we beat the dog ish out of these fair weather front running low lifes.

• Like 1

I'm going to be honest here.  I want the Eagles to win this game, however, I'm still extremely confident in the one seed with a loss here.  I'd bet my house they'll see this team again in the playoffs and I'd be cautious to tip my hand too much.  The 49ers need this game badly, the Eagles do not. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

I'm going to be honest here.  I want the Eagles to win this game, however, I'm still extremely confident in the one seed with a loss here.  I'd bet my house they'll see this team again in the playoffs and I'd be cautious to tip my hand too much.  The 49ers need this game badly, the Eagles do not. 

Yeah i want the Eagles to win this but we will almost def see them in the playoffs again and u know what they say, its really hard to beat a good team 3 times in a row....

I´m not so sure we will see them in the playoffs. They could have Seattle at home in the wildcard round. Divisional rivals meeting in the playoffs is unpredictable, so no surprise to se them one and done. Get through that, then likely Dallas or the Vikings, neither of those are gimmes.

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

They LOVE the Purdy story.  Did you know he was the last pick in the draft, Mr. Irrelevant?  Oh, you did?  That won't stop them from saying it multiple times every game he plays.  They have a talented roster yes, and the top RB in the league.  But the media refuses to love in Philly, they will hype up the 49ers.  Even when they lost 3 in a row they were still saying they are the best team in the NFC.   

I never let any of that ish bother me ... not even a little.  Just win ... that is all that matters.  And pay no attention to the so called "experts".

I'd take an L this week for a W vs. the 9'ers in the playoffs.  Let 'em win, talk even more crap and curb stomp 'em in the playoffs again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Eagles 31 40-whiners 21

They easily have the best defense in the league. They're #1 against the run and top 10 in basically every defensive category. 

We rank in the bottom 3rd for many of those same categories...besides rush defense which we're second, behind them. 

This will truly gauge where this team is at, if Hurts isn't 100% locked in we're losing by 3+ scores

8 hours ago, b_west3 said:

why do they need this game that much more than the Eagles? 

We don't "need" to win but we certainly have to keep this close...they are going to be on a mission to shatter us like we did them. Despite your excuses for losing already, we need this game just as much as them. If this is a bad loss, heads will roll despite our record. (shades of 2020 steelers)

There is no reason to think this game won't look exactly like every game has looked this season. The Eagles' problems that lead to poor game planning and execution early in games aren't being solved in less than a week's time. This will be a close, hard fought game. San Francisco will probably be leading by 13 or 14 at halftime and by 7 or 10 in the 4th quarter. I can see the Eagles offense with the ball in his hands down 7 or 8 with a little over a minute left and I can't help but wonder if the tanks were emptied in BUF a week ago...

And I say that with absolute disdain for the 49ers after their ****fest tour last year calling us frauds when they weren't even in it. I've wanted the Eagles to win this game more than I've wanted them to win any other regular season game since I've been watching them for decades. But I can't help but worry that they had to put too much into Sunday's win. That being said, I'm wrong when it comes to just about everything with this team so...

this tells me they believe that most peope are betting on the Niners winning. This is where the money is. 

16 hours ago, Libtard nation said:

Let's go

Not almost every playoff game. Every playoff game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

They easily have the best defense in the league. They're #1 against the run and top 10 in basically every defensive category. 

We rank in the bottom 3rd for many of those same categories...besides rush defense which we're second, behind them. 

This will truly gauge where this team is at, if Hurts isn't 100% locked in we're losing by 3+ scores

Stats tell a misleading story.  Stats are totals and averages, that don't take into account any situational performance, opponents, divisional rivalries, conditions, injuries......The best measure of offensive and defensive effectiveness were the Aikman ratings......unfortunately, they aren't produced anymore.

SF has its own set of issues.  Their offensive line is average and if the eagles defensive line has a big game, Purdy will make poor decisions.  

I highly doubt the eagles lose by 3 scores....I just can't see that happening unless something really crazy happens.  

• Like 1

You can bet that Sirianni and the veterans are remembering all the whining the 49ers did last year after the playoffs calling the eagles frauds.  

45 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

The only big time offense they shut down this season is the Cowboys, the rest of their schedule has been pretty ordinary offensively and they still managed to lose 3, including one against a Browns team without Watson or Chubb. The Vikings, Browns and Bengals managed to hold them for 17.

They aren't as big a paper tiger as Miami but they aren't an unstoppable force either.

• Like 1

It's Eagles +3 on FanDuel and DraftKings, but those books are frequently a half-point off the legacy books.  MGM and Caesars are both still at 2.5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

You can bet that Sirianni and the veterans are remembering all the whining the 49ers did last year after the playoffs calling the eagles frauds.  

Oh yeah, they've mentioned several times through last offseason & recently how they kept whining. 

AJ Brown yesterday, that's Deebo Samuel he tagged.

I'd prefer the Eagles stay quiet though. 

7 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I´m not so sure we will see them in the playoffs. They could have Seattle at home in the wildcard round. Divisional rivals meeting in the playoffs is unpredictable, so no surprise to se them one and done. Get through that, then likely Dallas or the Vikings, neither of those are gimmes.

Honestly, they own Seattle.

I can only see DAL or DET beating them before they would have to face us.