Eagles 2.5 point home underdogs vs. Niners

Hawkeye

15 hours ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

The statistical head to head between the Eagles defense and the Niners is frighteningly BAD. The Eagles defense, even with stout D-Line play and strong QB pressure, can't do enough to counter the deficiencies in the secondary. In no way am I comparing Purdy to Mahomes and Allen, but if you look at the numbers Sam Howell put up, you start to realize that the secondary can be sieve like in performance. Last time I can honestly that I was happy with the defense performance would be the Miami game. 

Howell is a decent player, but I think the difference between this game and playing WAS, our secondary were really banged up and played like strangers because they largely were. I´m feeling confident, but not cocky. I think the difference maker is going to be Haason Reddick. He´s been lights out again this season and I can easily see him getting a strip sack this week. He was so pissed they took a sack away from him on Sunday, especially as the Bills wanted the play called intentional grounding despite losing more yards that way

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swimm said:

Howie did a  piss poor job with the defense this off season.  Not re-signiing CGJ was a huge mistake

IMHO, the most egregious was building a 1-man LB core with a guy who's been injury prone and never even proven in NFL.  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

this game is san fran's super bowl. 

Well we know how Shanahan does in Super Bowl's...

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 11:16 AM, b_west3 said:

I'm sorry but where did I make excuses for the Eagles potentially losing this game?   I only stated that the 49ers need it more than the Eagles do, which is 100% true given that the Eagles have a 2+ game advantage on every other NFC team.  I think it will be a close game personally, but if you think "heads are going to roll" if the Eagles lose big while sitting at 10-2 you're simply delusional. 

https://www.lineups.com/articles/philadelphia-eagles-deep-dive-lucky-start-to-the-season/

Thinking the eagles are gonna smoke the 49rs. The eagles are not the cowboys. I fully expect the 49rs to implode and have numerous personal fouls and play as dirty as a team can play. 49rs forums say like 20% of fans will be 49rs fans. lol, not gonna happen in the linc. This may very well be the game were they put it all together and get that blowout win. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

I don't care what the line says. Josh Allen is Way better than Purdy, it's not even close.  The Bills gave the Eagles all they could handle even over Washington. The Eagles beat Miami, Dallas, KC in Arrowhead and Bills in 5 weeks and won every game.  I do not fear anyone on the schedule.  49ers are a solid team but the Eagles are better.  Purdy has lost 3 straight regular season games this year.  Jalen has lost 2 regular season games over the last 2 calendar years.  

This ^^ 100%

• Like 1

The eagles can match or out match the 40-whiners physicality......but they have to have the right game plan and play calling.

I would like to see the eagles blitz early and often and really try to get into Purdy's head......and offensively, tell the o-line that they're going to run the ball...a lot of smash mouth football.  O-Line loves to do damage.  Break out Penny at some point too..... 

I think SF will take extra shots at Hurts too, knowing that if he gets hurt, the eagles chances in the playoff are gone.  Yeah, I think SF will resort to trying to injure Hurts.

• Like 1

I actually think this is one game where our bend dont break offense will work well.

The 49ers are penalty and mistake prone. Let them try to sustain a long drive.

The 49ers have two big weaknesses from what i can see....their Oline, and they are strong but thin upfront. So we need to defend the edges and dont blitz and RUN the damn ball...i mean, just do exactly what we did last year to beat them...its not rocket science.

12 hours ago, opa-opa said:

...i mean, just do exactly what we did last year to beat them...its not rocket science.

All the 49ers QBs got knocked out of the game.  So there's that. 

• Like 1

Browsed a few 49ers message boards,  per their fans 49ers have already won the game....

• Sad 1

The Eagles are rounding the turn in the race to 13 wins. To that end, the time has come to lay a beating on those left coast quiche eating bath house attendants. You just know that secretly, the Whiners are all praying for the Eagles to give them the proverbial tush push. If deep down they want to get man handled? I say oblige them. Break their will. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Browsed a few 49ers message boards,  per their fans 49ers have already won the game....

b3594dd6268658e18321469f13a8bb24.jpg

• Like 1

What trash talk from the Eagles players?

The 40whiners haven't stopped talking about it for a year. 

They're obsessed. Let's hope they're too emotional to stay focused. 

Defense needs to dominate early to own momentum. 

FB_IMG_1701540927498.jpg