Lucky or not?

RunItBAck

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So true. We conveniently forget some of the very unlucky breaks that have befallen the Eagles through this streak from guys running into one another and causing a fumble. Heck I’m this last game the Eagles lost the turnover battle. A quarterback doesn’t simply luck into 5tds. A kicker doesn’t kick a nearly 60 yard fg based on luck. The Eagles are the only team to score 37 points on the Bills this year. The next closest was NE with 29. Is that luck? I don’t think so. What I do know is it’s easy to doubt a Jalen Hurts led team especially from afar. After all he "did get benched for Tua didn’t he?” The talking heads have convinced themselves that this is all luck while once again Dallas is struggling to beat another team with a winning record right now. 

I'd argue there's tons of luck involved in a 60 yard fg. Especially in the conditions he kicked it...it's not that he "shouldn't" make it but everything has to be perfect. From the snap, the hold, the kick, the wind, etc....you do realize if there was a gust of wind during the kick it probably shifts? that's part luck too. Regardless, it was perfect 

15 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

I'd argue there's tons of luck involved in a 60 yard fg. Especially in the conditions he kicked it...it's not that he "shouldn't" make it but everything has to be perfect. From the snap, the hold, the kick, the wind, etc....you do realize if there was a gust of wind during the kick it probably shifts? that's part luck too. Regardless, it was perfect 

So --- kind of like every completed pass, which requires a much smaller target window than a FG. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RunItBAck said:

If Elliott were more of a streaky long range FG kicker I’d agree, but he’s been fairly money from distance since 2017. I’d argue considering the adverse conditions and how the Bills kicker missed it showed how much skill Elliott actually has. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

That's not luck, that's the skill and talent of the players, practice and execution.  They are experienced in weather conditions as well.  Sure, wind can push a ball or the ball can bounce off the goal post one way or another.

A kicker nailing a FG with a perfect kick isn't luck.  It's skill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So the 49ers are getting a week 13 BYE?      IN OUR HOUSE?

F Vegas!!

Go Eagles!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

So the 49ers are getting a week 13 BYE?      IN OUR HOUSE?

F Vegas!!

Go Eagles!!!

People are getting San Fran because they’re buying into the media hype train and the hate for the Eagles.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

730674279_Whatthefuckareyoudoinghere.gif.efae8a564fab95f1d3b0821d356c7178.gif

I've been watching football for a long time...This was obviously coming. I was trying to warn you guys because you were ignoring the signs...now everyone wants to fire every coach etc...

Hell, you got guys blaming Penny (4th string RB) not playing for us losing...All you can do is laugh at this point

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

I've been watching football for a long time...This was obviously coming. I was trying to warn you guys because you were ignoring the signs...now everyone wants to fire every coach etc...

Hell, you got guys blaming Penny (4th string RB) not playing for us losing...All you can do is laugh at this point

But that isn't what you're doing, you're going through old posts adding hahaha emoji's,  it's like we're all sat round a puddle full of crap but some of us thought it was mud last week, and now we all know it's crap, but you're now sat in the middle of the puddle flinging handfuls of it around and going 'hahaha see I was right, F you hahahah'

And my main question would be why?  What are you trying to accomplish?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

But that isn't what you're doing, you're going through old posts adding hahaha emoji's,  it's like we're all sat round a puddle full of crap but some of us thought it was mud last week, and now we all know it's crap, but you're now sat in the middle of the puddle flinging handfuls of it around and going 'hahaha see I was right, F you hahahah'

And my main question would be why?  What are you trying to accomplish?

Accountability is a great skill in the real-world. Not that dreaming/hoping is bad but when posters come at me like I'm way off base and act like I have NO idea what I'm talking about...yeah I'm coming back to do the same 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

Accountability is a great skill in the real-world. Not that dreaming/hoping is bad but when posters come at me like I'm way off base and act like I have NO idea what I'm talking about...yeah I'm coming back to do the same 

i think you missed the part where a lot of people were saying they were the worst 10-1 team in the history of the NFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soumak said:

i think you missed the part where a lot of people were saying they were the worst 10-1 team in the history of the NFL.

Lol nobody was saying that

• 2 weeks later...

It's simple. The NFL is not a league that supports luck, and football is not a sport that favours luck. If you reach 10-1 it is because you earned it and deserve it. If you then hit a slump of 1-4 it's not bad luck, it is because you earned it and deserve it.

11 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

It's simple. The NFL is not a league that supports luck, and football is not a sport that favours luck. If you reach 10-1 it is because you earned it and deserve it. If you then hit a slump of 1-4 it's not bad luck, it is because you earned it and deserve it.

And it is why I still think there is some very small hope that things could still turn around. I don't think it will happen but it could. This team managed to get to 10-1 so that ability is there. It managed to do that with this offense and with this defense. Things need to change no doubt, the coaches need to do better and so do the players but this team was once 10-1 and looked nailed on almost for another SB run.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Tell that to the Cowboys and Lions

• Like 1

Luck and corruption aren't the same thing 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1