Eagles 3.5 point road favorites at Seattle

Hawkeye

I said this in another thread: you know who's not overreacting? Vegas. They've established the Eagles as a healthy road favorite all the way across the country as the stretch of tough games continues. This shapes up as a bounceback game for the Birds.

Line: Eagles -3.5
Total: 47.5/48
Moneyline: Eagles -190/Seahawks +155

I think that’s very very generous. Seattle are coming off more rest and encouraging performances against 2 of the leagues best. Meanwhile we look broken, shattered and we have to travel across country to Seattle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that’s very very generous. Seattle are coming off more rest and encouraging performances against 2 of the leagues best. Meanwhile we look broken, shattered and we have to travel across country to Seattle. 

I agree.

Which is why the line is so interesting. Vegas knows what we don't. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I agree.

Which is why the line is so interesting. Vegas knows what we don't. 

I mean like vegas do tend to know what they are talking about… But they do get things wrong every week and I think this is one of them this week.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean like vegas do tend to know what they are talking about… But they do get things wrong every week and I think this is one of them this week.

We'll see and it will be interesting to follow the action this week. Let's see who takes Seattle and the points. 

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

We'll see and it will be interesting to follow the action this week. Let's see who takes Seattle and the points. 

I’ll watch the highlights. The NFL screwed is in Europe by flexing to MNF. After the last two weeks there’s no way I’m getting up at 1am for this one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’ll watch the highlights. The NFL screwed is in Europe by flexing to MNF. After the last two weeks there’s no way I’m getting up at 1am for this one.

That's a total drag. I was living in Brussels a few years ago and we had to pay a guy who ran an American bar to stay open on Sundays for the 1pm (eastern time) games.  He was a Cowboys fan too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeye said:

That's a total drag. I was living in Brussels a few years ago and we had to pay a guy who ran an American bar to stay open on Sundays for the 1pm (eastern time) games.  He was a Cowboys fan too. 

Yeah this year has been rough with so many night games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's interesting how things get spun.  I haven't watched Seattle play much this year. But they've lost their last 4 games.  Their last win (5 games ago) was a 3 point struggle against the Commanders.  Granted, the Eagles performance the last 2 weeks has been bad, they've been dominated.  But we see other teams struggle or lose and say they're encouraging, they're a better team, etc.  The 49ers lost 3 in a row with low scoring performances.  They have been playing well since their bye.  

The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals - the Cardinals!  Then 49ers and us.  They got to play the Giants twice already, Cardinals and Panthers who all stink.  Eagles have had a much tougher schedule.  Yet we beat the Dolphins, Cowboys, Chiefs and Bills who are hot right now too.  Narratives shift easily.  Again, the Eagles played terrible last 2 games.  They're tired, had a brutal stretch of schedule playing "the gauntlet" who all had extra rest before playing them.  

I want to see how they respond.  How do they play the rest of the games, do they recover, make the necessary improvements and do they come out with fight.  We'll learn a lot more Monday night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not surprised. Eagles will win this on their way to a 4 game win streak and likely 1 seed.

Everybody relax. The last 2 games will prove to be meaningless in the large scope of things.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Line will drop a few pts as the week wears on and Geno gets a limited practice in on Friday. If he's DNP all week, then it might stay put until an hour before kickoff when we get confirmation of who their QB will be.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not surprised. Eagles will win this on their way to a 4 game win streak and likely 1 seed.

Everybody relax. The last 2 games will prove to be meaningless in the large scope of things.

Who is beating the Niners? Two of their opponents are joke Cardinals and Skins. Ravens at home is tough but Niners are amazing.

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Weren’t we saying this after the SF beat down?

Yes.  We learned more last night, and we'll learn more about them next week.  They're gassed from "the gauntlet" especially on defense.  We'll see how they practice this week (they actually need some rest), how they do in Seattle.  Then we'll see how they do the final 3 games.  Earlier in the season the 49ers lost 3 in a row, then bounced back and everyone's crowning them.  Earlier people called the Cowboys frauds and choke artists and they hadn't beaten anyone.  

People said the Eagles never adjust, yet adjustments at halftime in some games resulted in more running success, and the defense shutting out the Dolphins and Chiefs in the 2nd half of those games, held to 0 points.

Every team in the NFL has ups and downs. Every team.  In Philly, the sky is falling after a loss (even after a win!).  In prior seasons fans have given up and they went to the playoffs and even went deep.  Last year everyone said they had a weak schedule and were frauds and once they play the real teams in the playoffs...well, they went to the Super Bowl and barely lost by 3 to a great team.

So I want to see what happens.  The 49ers still have to play the Rams again (who aren't a bad team), and the Ravens who are the best team in the AFC.  The Cowboys now have a tough stretch against the Bills, Dolphins and Lions.  Let's see what the playoff seeding is like at the end of the season, and how the teams are all playing.  Injuries and fatigue are factors as well.  We've seen wild card teams win the Super Bowl.  Can't write anything off too soon.  Even though they looked so bad the last 2 weeks.  There's a reason they say any given Sunday, and teams do have ups and downs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Who is beating the Niners? Two of their opponents are joke Cardinals and Skins. Ravens at home is tough but Niners are amazing.

They still have rams (week18) fighting for a playoff spot

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They both played sunday, seattle played a few hours earlier, no one in their right mind considers that a factor at all

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

They still have rams (week18) fighting for a playoff spot

So, they are fighting for a playoff spot because the are average at best

17 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

So, they are fighting for a playoff spot because the are average at best

I wouldn't call their performance in baltimore yesterday "average at best" considering they were first team this season to drop 20 on them in the half and ended up scoring 31.

Seattle is probably what you would call "average at best" but still gave them a better game than PHI/DAL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Seeing the Giants leading tonight is making this worse. Ughhh...

seeing the giants hold the commanders to 26 combined is more worrisom

5 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

The amazing 9ers had a 3 game losing streak also.

Ravens will get them.

7 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They both played sunday, seattle played a few hours earlier, no one in their right mind considers that a factor at all

No I just mean in general bud. They played Thanksgiving then Sunday. We’ve played a gauntlet with less rest between games.

17 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I pray you are right.  

• Haha 1