Remember when we all thought those two games with the Giants would be pushovers? A funny thing happened with the Giants

Wallyhorse

Now it looks like those two "easy" games against the Giants to close out the season may not be so easy:

The Giants seem to be playing more like the team that made the playoffs last season and were it not for a penalty with 17 seconds remaining in regulation against the Jets that allowed the Jets to kick the game-tying FG in regulation and then the game-winning FG in OT, the Giants right now are 6-7 and I believe on tie-breakers would be holding the last NFC playoff spot. 

Those two games with the Giants suddenly don't like the pushover games many thought they'd be earlier in the season, and the Giants did of course make the playoffs last year. 

• Haha 1

The way our coordinators are scheming there are no easy games left for us.  There are no automatic wins coming

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Remember when the Eagles were 10-1 and then lost 2 games in a row to the NFC one and two seed coming off 3 days more rest in consecutive weeks and everyone lost their minds? Started seeing losses everywhere.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now it looks like those two "easy" games against the Giants to close out the season may not be so easy:

The Giants seem to be playing more like the team that made the playoffs last season and were it not for a penalty with 17 seconds remaining in regulation against the Jets that allowed the Jets to kick the game-tying FG in regulation and then the game-winning FG in OT, the Giants right now are 6-7 and I believe on tie-breakers would be holding the last NFC playoff spot. 

Those two games with the Giants suddenly don't like the pushover games many thought they'd be earlier in the season, and the Giants did of course make the playoffs last year. 

With the way the eagles are playing, no game is a pushover.  

They had the #1 seed in the palm of their hand, and blew it.

The had the division in the other palm of their hand, and blew it.

They can take back the division, but are not inspiring anybody to believe they can win out.

The issues the Eagles have won't be fixed in a week.......Even if they beat Seattle, it'll be with the same tired offense.   

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Eagles About to get smashed twice in 3 weeks by the giants. 

• Haha 2

Honestly, I've never looked at the games as easy, but I figured we would beat them for sure.  I still think we will win both, but our defense is so awful that I could see us losing one of those games easily.   IF our defense somehow manages to become even middle of the road, we will win out and most likely win the super bowl.  we will not go far at all if the defense stays the way it is.

• Like 1

If Eagles fans have learned anything with their NFCE opponents, they should know by now that the Giants play the Eagles just as tough as the Redsk-Commanders.

• Thanks 1

Remember when the 49ers lost 3 games in a row yet people still said they were a good team? 

Remember when the Cowboys lost to the CARDINALS, and were criticized for not beating winning teams and were called frauds?

Remember last year everyone said they have a weak schedule and are frauds, once they make the playoffs to face better teams they'll be exposed...then went to the Super Bowl and only lost by 3 in a close game with a great team?

• Like 1

I never thought this. The eagles never had a "comfortable" win even in one of the matchups against inferior teams like WAS.

893gy2.jpg.05bb6aa59f14a203d08393c7c994b6c1.jpg

Combined record of Giants beaten opponents the last 3 weeks?  13-26 and Green Bay had 46% of the 13

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Remember when the Eagles were 10-1 and then lost 2 games in a row to the NFC one and two seed coming off 3 days more rest in consecutive weeks and everyone lost their minds? Started seeing losses everywhere.

you mean being realistic? yes

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Remember when the 49ers lost 3 games in a row yet people still said they were a good team? 

Remember when the Cowboys lost to the CARDINALS, and were criticized for not beating winning teams and were called frauds?

Remember last year everyone said they have a weak schedule and are frauds, once they make the playoffs to face better teams they'll be exposed...then went to the Super Bowl and only lost by 3 in a close game with a great team?

remember when YOU were saying the 49ers game was just a bad week, no rest, and we were bound to drop 1? Then the following week commences (cowboys  game) and this is your response 🤣

14 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

remember when YOU were saying the 49ers game was just a bad week, no rest, and we were bound to drop 1? Then the following week commences (cowboys  game) and this is your response 🤣

I expected the Eagles to show up motivated for both games, and they didn't and they sucked.  It's understandable that "the gauntlet" caught up to them, but they were embarrassing in both games.

This topic is about the Giants, and believing hype.  All teams have ups and downs.  When the Eagles were winning - winning - fans weren't happy.  Other teams start winning and Eagles fans hype them up.  Does anyone think the Titans are a great team because they beat the Dolphins?  Does anyone think the Cardinals are great because they beat the Cowboys?  Does anyone think the Chiefs are frauds because they lost to the Broncos?  Or the 49ers who lost 3 games in a row including the Browns?

Narratives shift throughout the year.  We should be upset by the performance the last 2 weeks, but many Eagles fans are delusional and fall into extreme paranoia, start believing crazy conspiracy theories and the sky is falling. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I expected the Eagles to show up motivated for both games, and they didn't and they sucked.  It's understandable that "the gauntlet" caught up to them, but they were embarrassing in both games.

This topic is about the Giants, and believing hype.  All teams have ups and downs.  When the Eagles were winning - winning - fans weren't happy.  Other teams start winning and Eagles fans hype them up.  Does anyone think the Titans are a great team because they beat the Dolphins?  Does anyone think the Cardinals are great because they beat the Cowboys?  Does anyone think the Chiefs are frauds because they lost to the Broncos?  Or the 49ers who lost 3 games in a row including the Browns?

Narratives shift throughout the year.  We should be upset by the performance the last 2 weeks, but many Eagles fans are delusional and fall into extreme paranoia, start believing crazy conspiracy theories and the sky is falling. 

In the blog I'm reading that both Coordinators need to be fired or Sirianni himself should be on a warm seat, oh and I note the Hurts is a bad QB crowd are firing up the bandwagon again.

I've genuinely never seen a more embarrassing overreaction in all my born days, Big Red got a fairer hearing when he appointed Castillo DC and we were going 4-12.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

In the blog I'm reading that both Coordinators need to be fired or Sirianni himself should be on a warm seat, oh and I note the Hurts is a bad QB crowd are firing up the bandwagon again.

I've genuinely never seen a more embarrassing overreaction in all my born days, Big Red got a fairer hearing when he appointed Castillo DC and we were going 4-12.

It's worse than that.  They say Swift, AJ Brown and other players simply suck.  They're dismissing every win and achievement over the last 2 years as luck, fluke and frauds.  They're believing click bait reporters who are always trying to get attention for "anonymous reports" from the team...always after a big loss.  Every GM and coaching regime they do it, the Philly reporters are horrible, they are TATERs with a press credential who stir up ish all the time.  There's always these anonymous players complaining meanwhile the team has lots of high character veterans and players with integrity that back up each other and the coaches.  Then there's the conspiracy theories:  that the coaches aren't allowed to decide their own scheme and plays, that Lurie and Howie are secretly running the plays and telling the coaches what to do.  it's madness.

Philly fans always say they're knowledgeable then talk crazy.  They say "we're passionate" to excuse unrealistic negativity and delusions.  

• Like 2

Giants are 5-8. But I’d agree the games will harder than originally thought. The defense has been better but the offense is still pretty bad. But divisional games are always tough and it’s the Eagles. Nothing is ever easy.

17 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Not too worried. We OWN the Giants. I think it’s now 17 out of the last 20 games including the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, seengreen said:

If Eagles fans have learned anything with their NFCE opponents, they should know by now that the Giants play the Eagles just as tough as the Redsk-Commanders.

Not really. 

The NY Media says Tommy DeVito is the next Tom Brady. F the Giants. I hate them more than any other team. This winning streak better stop. 

10 hours ago, Geemen said:

you guys will be fine. appreciate the credit though

Evan Roberts said Tommy DeVito is the next Tom Brady.

12 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

With the way the eagles are playing, no game is a pushover.  

They had the #1 seed in the palm of their hand, and blew it.

The had the division in the other palm of their hand, and blew it.

They can take back the division, but are not inspiring anybody to believe they can win out.

The issues the Eagles have won't be fixed in a week.......Even if they beat Seattle, it'll be with the same tired offense.   

Eagles still win the division if they win out (conference record tie-breaker) no matter what the Cowboys do.

49ers are now 10-0 when all of their main players are in the game (all three losses came with key injuries). 

• Like 1