Remember when we all thought those two games with the Giants would be pushovers? A funny thing happened with the Giants

Wallyhorse

19 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now it looks like those two "easy" games against the Giants to close out the season may not be so easy:

The Giants seem to be playing more like the team that made the playoffs last season and were it not for a penalty with 17 seconds remaining in regulation against the Jets that allowed the Jets to kick the game-tying FG in regulation and then the game-winning FG in OT, the Giants right now are 6-7 and I believe on tie-breakers would be holding the last NFC playoff spot. 

Those two games with the Giants suddenly don't like the pushover games many thought they'd be earlier in the season, and the Giants did of course make the playoffs last year. 

If they don't beat the Giants soundly they are certainly frauds.

On the bright side, if the Giants do beat us i would think that would at least force some coordinator changes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Eagles still win the division if they win out (conference record tie-breaker) no matter what the Cowboys do.

49ers are now 10-0 when all of their main players are in the game (all three losses came with key injuries). 

Don't want to hear about injuries......the eagles defensive backfield and LBs have been destroyed by injury this year.....but nobody is making excuses for them.  And the eagles won a super bowl with major injuries.

If the eagles don't do something drastic, they won't win all 4 games and certainly won't win in the playoffs with this OC and his playcalling.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Don't want to hear about injuries......the eagles defensive backfield and LBs have been destroyed by injury this year.....but nobody is making excuses for them.  And the eagles won a super bowl with major injuries.

If the eagles don't do something drastic, they won't win all 4 games and certainly won't win in the playoffs with this OC and his playcalling.

I would argue it's time to give BJ full control of the offense. Let us really know what he's about. Get Siri's hand out of the cookie jar he's been holding hands long enough. At the very least it would be the ultimate tendency breaker. 

• Like 3

NFL did the Eagles no favors with their schedule, but enough with the excuses. They need to finish strong if they have any chance of doing something in the playoffs no more worrying about resting guys. They’re far too late in the seasons to have yet to play a complete game. It’s time to step up.

• Like 1

The Giants will lose a heartbreaker in one loss and give up 4 TD's to Boston Scott in the other, like they always do.

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:30 AM, NOTW said:

I expected the Eagles to show up motivated for both games, and they didn't and they sucked.  It's understandable that "the gauntlet" caught up to them, but they were embarrassing in both games.

This topic is about the Giants, and believing hype.  All teams have ups and downs.  When the Eagles were winning - winning - fans weren't happy.  Other teams start winning and Eagles fans hype them up.  Does anyone think the Titans are a great team because they beat the Dolphins?  Does anyone think the Cardinals are great because they beat the Cowboys?  Does anyone think the Chiefs are frauds because they lost to the Broncos?  Or the 49ers who lost 3 games in a row including the Browns?

Narratives shift throughout the year.  We should be upset by the performance the last 2 weeks, but many Eagles fans are delusional and fall into extreme paranoia, start believing crazy conspiracy theories and the sky is falling. 

still feel this way? 

1 hour ago, RunItBAck said:

still feel this way? 

Yes, I still do not worry about the Giants.  These next 3 games are against weaker teams.  The "gauntlet" is over.  Hurts almost didn't play last night because of a severe illness and went out there and still played, and made a lot of plays.  Defense had a last minute change at DC and no Cunningham or Slay.  Siri and BJ are ruining the talent and weapons they have with their playcalling, but they at least added more motion and at times were committed to the run.  I hate so many designed QB runs especially when he's sick.  That should have been a feed the RBs situation and more easy throws for Hurts.  

But the Giants and Cardinals aren't good.  There's no reason the Eagles shouldn't win out.  We're about to find out if the team is imploding and can't even beat these teams easily, or if they will finally "play to the standard."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NOTW said:

.  These next 3 games are against weaker teams.  The "gauntlet" is over.

The Seahawks are weaker. They’d lost 4 straight and were ranked low on both offense and defense. Not to mention they were without their stud CB and had their back up QB. The gauntlet may be over but the toll it’s taken on this team is pretty clear.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The Seahawks are weaker. They’d lost 4 straight and were ranked low on both offense and defense. Not to mention they were without their stud CB and had their back up QB. The gauntlet may be over but the toll it’s taken on this team is pretty clear.

They should have won last night.  But Hurts was so ill he almost didn't play and travelled separately. Last minute change at DC, no Cunningham or Slay.  Siri and BJ play calling is holding the offense back.  They always lose in Seattle.  They're still tired and traveled to Seattle didn't help.  There were bad calls by the refs as well.  Nevertheless, they should have won.  They did it to themselves.

But I still think they should win out the rest, we will see.

The Giants are not what concern me in this game. The Eagles allowing these bums hang around is what concerns me.

• Like 1

Of course a loss proves this team is a joke. But barely winning would also mean this team is one and done in the playoffs.