Bill Belichick (Ex-Head Coach, Patriots) -- NOT HIRED

Birdman

Looks like Bill is on his way out in New England, time for Jeffrey and Howie to right the wrong of hiring a clueless, glorified cheerleader as HC. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 12/13/2023 at 11:21 AM, Birdman said:

Looks like Bill is on his way out in New England, time for Jeffrey and Howie to right the wrong of hiring a clueless, glorified cheerleader as HC. 

He has to bring Josh McDaniels with him to be successful and he is a big time Giants fan so he probably hates us. I know he hates the Jets.

20 hours ago, Godfather said:

Chargers will be all over him

That was my thinking as well, he makes the most sense considering they have a franchise QB in place and a bunch of pieces on the defensive side of the ball. Their cap is F'ed in the A though

31 minutes ago, Mat said:

That was my thinking as well, he makes the most sense considering they have a franchise QB in place and a bunch of pieces on the defensive side of the ball. Their cap is F'ed in the A though

:lol::lol:

giphy (4).gif

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:11 AM, Mat said:

They do have plenty of good players and a franchise qb

It'll never happen. Lurie and Howie always want young offensive guys they can control. If they do fire Sirianni (🙏) it'll be some obscure OC that we've never heard of. 

On 12/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, Procus said:

I want no parts of BB.  Sans Brady, he's an average coach at best

Yep.  With outstanding (or even 'pretty good') talent, BB is still a great coach.  Unfortunately, I don't think our talent rates as ouststanding.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

We've reached levels of TATERGEDDON not imagined.

I actually posted this several days before Nick's last epic fail because I could see the writing on the wall, i.e...players chirping, Desai's demotion 

I for one can't wait to hear all the stories about Nick after he's shown the door.

Bellichick may be past his prime, but he's still an upgrade at the HC position over Nick. Is Bill the first on my list? Absolutely not, but this team is rudderless with Nick at the helm and Lurie needs to relinquish control and bring in a seasoned, veteran HC instead of "cute" hires that he and Howie can push around. 

Nick is grossly underqualifed to be an NFL HC and lacks the acumen or situtional football awareness, I would be shocked if he gets another HC job once his time is done. 

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

It'll never happen. Lurie and Howie always want young offensive guys they can control. If they do fire Sirianni (🙏) it'll be some obscure OC that we've never heard of. 

You're probably right given the history. Doubt they go for another big name or "personality" after what happened with Chip Kelly.

This hesitancy is probably why they leaned towards "up and coming" guys when they were interviewing DC candidates instead of going hard after someone like Vic Fangio or even Jim Schwartz who got scooped up by the Browns.

Interesting name that is still out there: Byron Leftwich, former Bucs OC that was around during Brady's TB run and was given playcalling duties from Bruce Arians and even an endorsement from Bruce for a HC position when he was passed over for interviews.

Apparently he reached out to Pittsburgh and offered his services. Maybe the Eagles could bring him in as an outside perspective? Someone different than Frank Reich.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-offense-issues-ex-bucs-oc-byron-leftwich-reaches-out-to-pittsburgh-about-possible-role-per-report/amp/

On 12/14/2023 at 5:50 PM, wrestlevessel said:

He has to bring TOM BRADY with him to be successful and he is a big time Giants fan so he probably hates us. I know he hates the Jets.

fixed your post :-)

• Like 1

Unless he’s somehow bringing prime Brady with him,  no thanks. Most overrated head coach of all time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bellicheat is not the answer. Rather take a chance on younger creative minds. 

• Like 1

Nah, Bellicheat is washed. The Eagles will go with a young trend setter/type OC, who thinks outside the box.

• Like 1

Next Eagles head coach will be Nathaniel Hackett because we suck.

• Haha 1

That was put out there this morning (Wednesday 1/2) on the national feed of ESPN Radio (Unsportsmanlike with Evan Cohen, Chris Canty and Michelle Smallmon).  Some think if the Eagles exit the playoffs early, Siranni would be replaced by Bill Belichek if as expected Belichek resigns/is fired from the Patriots.  

• Haha 1

Please, no...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Aside from not wanting Belichick, I can’t see him agreeing to work under Howie. 

Can he bring Tom Brady?  Because without him he's sheet.  

• Like 2