Bill Belichick (Ex-Head Coach, Patriots) -- NOT HIRED

Birdman

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Can he bring Tom Brady?  Because without him he's sheet.  

Tom Brady from 15 years ago lol. 

• Haha 1

If I was drunk and high at the same time I might entertain this....but only if he came in as a DC.  He has put some decent defenses together from scraps over the years.

But seeing that its 9am and I'm drinking coffee.  No.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

If I was drunk and high at the same time I might entertain this....but only if he came in as a DC.  He has put some decent defenses together from scraps over the years.

But seeing that its 9am and I'm drinking coffee.  No.

I think most people would take this but there is no chance in hell he is going for any job other than a HC job. My money would be on the Chargers

• Like 1

There's a more likely chance of Lurie writing me a check for a million bucks just to be nice than him hiring Bellachick. Lurie and Howie want a puppet they can control. Bellachick isn't going to let them pick his assistants or let them fire his assistants after a loss. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Tom Brady from 15 years ago lol. 

Well Jalen is going to need a new backup starting next year.  :lol:

• Haha 1

No. Belichek will want control of everything. Front Office wants someone they can control, like Siri. Anyway, if the Pats let Belichek go, he will retire.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

That was put out there this morning (Wednesday 1/2) on the national feed of ESPN Radio (Unsportsmanlike with Evan Cohen, Chris Canty and Michelle Smallmon).  Some think if the Eagles exit the playoffs early, Siranni would be replaced by Bill Belichek if as expected Belichek resigns/is fired from the Patriots.  

Use the correct forum...

Sorry, that news had just broken literally at that point.

2 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Use the correct forum...

Ah give him a break, he's a n00b.  :lol:

21 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Sorry, that news had just broken literally at that point.

There is no "news" that "had just broken."  That's not news.  Both coaches are currently employed.  Some talking heads on a TV show threw out an idea to get ratings and clicks.  They know throwing out controversial or hot takes will get attention, even from people thinking it's a stupid idea.  It's how they make money.  People like you fall for it every time.  You think that someone making up an idea out of thin air is "breaking news."  It happens all the time.  Someone on twitter or a podcast trying to get attention throws out some made up speculation then fans start saying "I'm seeing reports of..."  

Maybe he can be our DC :excited:

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

There is no "news" that "had just broken."  That's not news.  Both coaches are currently employed.  Some talking heads on a TV show threw out an idea to get ratings and clicks.  They know throwing out controversial or hot takes will get attention, even from people thinking it's a stupid idea.  It's how they make money.  People like you fall for it every time.  You think that someone making up an idea out of thin air is "breaking news."  It happens all the time.  Someone on twitter or a podcast trying to get attention throws out some made up speculation then fans start saying "I'm seeing reports of..."  

True, but the part of their throwing that out there was news at that particular point in time.  While many of us might have thought that could be possible, it was the first time that anyone on a national stage threw that out there. 

I don't see Sirianni being let go even if the Eagles lose their first playoff game. Jeff Lurie has never fired a HC after a playoff appearance. 

Look at the history of Eagles coaches fired under Lurie:

Ray Rhodes - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (1997-1998)

Andy Reid - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (2011-2012)

*Chip Kelly - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (2014-2015)

Doug Pederson - fired after 1 losing season missing the playoffs (2020)

*Chip Kelly was technically fired in the season and was replaced by Pat Shurmur as interim HC 

Looking at this trend, I think its safe to say that Sirianni gets at least one more year to right the ship. If the team cleans house at OC and DC and brings in solid veteran coaches on both sides of the ball, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

However if they elect to keep Brian Johnson and or Matt Patricia/Sean Desai in their respective roles, then it's gonna be more of the same.

Bill would only come here if he had complete control of the team which Howie would never let happen. 

Howie hates the basement…

• Like 1

At first glance I must say I was vehemently opposed to the idea of Belicheat coaching the Eagles; however, I am at the point where I’m not completely against it. First off the Eagles FO are in a precarious situation here because (let’s keep it real) Sirianni has lost this locker room and bringing in just another yes man type will not get it done. Whoever comes in will not only have to be a great HC option, they will need to be someone this locker room will respect. Frankly I don’t think there will be many guys available that will garner that type of respect greater than Belicheat. I’ve also heard on the radio that Belicheat made a comment recently that all he wants to do is coach and that would be right up Howie’s alley for sure. Belicheat is a master manipulator and he would be the type that could get even a guy like AJ Brown back in line for a little while at least. This team has too much talent to squander on yet another hope and a prayer type coach/motivational speaker. Belicheat would fit the mold. Of course there’s the Patriots and Andy Reid factors here as well. It’s pretty well documented that our owner was a huge Patriots fan and wanted to buy them before Kraft did and there’s Andy Reid basically overshadowing Belicheat as of late to be considered the greatest head coach. Lurie’s looking like the guy who let that guy walk out the door, but now he has a chance to have Belicheat become one of the all time winningest coaches in Eagle green. Imagine Belicheat breaking Shula’s record with Lurie as the owner. Even he has to consider that. On top of that he’d be the only owner to have had arguably the best two coaches of all time coaching for him. Now do I think this will happen? No not really. I expect another long coaching search only to find some obscure WR coach no one even knew about, but I’m not completely shutting out the idea of Belicheat coming to Philly. 

On 1/6/2024 at 7:06 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

I don't see Sirianni being let go even if the Eagles lose their first playoff game. Jeff Lurie has never fired a HC after a playoff appearance. 

Look at the history of Eagles coaches fired under Lurie:

Ray Rhodes - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (1997-1998)

Andy Reid - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (2011-2012)

*Chip Kelly - fired after 2 consecutive seasons missing the playoffs (2014-2015)

Doug Pederson - fired after 1 losing season missing the playoffs (2020)

*Chip Kelly was technically fired in the season and was replaced by Pat Shurmur as interim HC 

Looking at this trend, I think its safe to say that Sirianni gets at least one more year to right the ship. If the team cleans house at OC and DC and brings in solid veteran coaches on both sides of the ball, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

However if they elect to keep Brian Johnson and or Matt Patricia/Sean Desai in their respective roles, then it's gonna be more of the same.

I don’t think changing coordinators in this one fixes the problem. The real reason why I think there’s a legit possibility Sirianni gets fired is because the team is no longer responding positively to the coach. You see all of the warning signs things aren’t going well. The horrible finish to the season. The owner going to practices this late in the year. Players only meetings. Coach is constantly talking about making changes that never happen. You usually see this type of stuff either when the HC has become a lame duck coach or if that coach has lost the team. If the Eagles go out there and get embarrassed on MNF in the playoffs a message has be made by the players. I can’t see any exit interview behind closed doors where the players would be trying to bring back Sirianni after something like that. The closest situation to what has happened with Sirianni could be Chip Kelly’s second season where they basically fell off at the end and failed to make the playoffs. Kelly thought is coaching for his had some outs, because he didn’t have his starting quarterback and he basically blamed Howie and he was given all the power. That won’t happen for Sirianni. I don’t think the trends will buy in here. If Lurie feels like a change needs to be made he will do it. Let’s not forget he’s the guy who claims his HC needs "emotional intelligence” and right now Sirianni isn’t projecting any of that, and that certainly isn’t showing it with the sideline outbursts, and taunting other fan bases. You don’t normally see radio personalities especially local (guys who interview Sirianni after games on the air for extended segments) openly state they believe that Monday Sirianni’s coaching for his job unless they know something. Even Eagles mouthpiece Spadaro has been quite negative towards the team. That’s a real bad sign. 

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

At first glance I must say I was vehemently opposed to the idea of Belicheat coaching the Eagles; however, I am at the point where I’m not completely against it. First off the Eagles FO are in a precarious situation here because (let’s keep it real) Sirianni has lost this locker room and bringing in just another yes man type will not get it done. Whoever comes in will not only have to be a great HC option, they will need to be someone this locker room will respect. Frankly I don’t think there will be many guys available that will garner that type of respect greater than Belicheat. I’ve also heard on the radio that Belicheat made a comment recently that all he wants to do is coach and that would be right up Howie’s alley for sure. Belicheat is a master manipulator and he would be the type that could get even a guy like AJ Brown back in line for a little while at least. This team has too much talent to squander on yet another hope and a prayer type coach/motivational speaker. Belicheat would fit the mold. Of course there’s the Patriots and Andy Reid factors here as well. It’s pretty well documented that our owner was a huge Patriots fan and wanted to buy them before Kraft did and there’s Andy Reid basically overshadowing Belicheat as of late to be considered the greatest head coach. Lurie’s looking like the guy who let that guy walk out the door, but now he has a chance to have Belicheat become one of the all time winningest coaches in Eagle green. Imagine Belicheat breaking Shula’s record with Lurie as the owner. Even he has to consider that. On top of that he’d be the only owner to have had arguably the best two coaches of all time coaching for him. Now do I think this will happen? No not really. I expect another long coaching search only to find some obscure WR coach no one even knew about, but I’m not completely shutting out the idea of Belicheat coming to Philly. 

The other positive about hiring someone like BB is that he’d have a wide circle of A-list coaching candidates from which to establish his staff. Sirianni and others like him have a very limited pool.  Some like like BB would hire coaches that would get the most out of the players they are given to work with.  Can’t say that about Sirianni.  But I also don’t think a BB type hire is in the cards.  

40 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The other positive about hiring someone like BB is that he’d have a wide circle of A-list coaching candidates from which to establish his staff. Sirianni and others like him have a very limited pool.  Some like like BB would hire coaches that would get the most out of the players they are given to work with.  Can’t say that about Sirianni.  But I also don’t think a BB type hire is in the cards.  

To be fair, Belichick, wherever he accepts a HC job, is probably just going to bring in his former NE guys, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it's going to be a league wide search for creative minds that he respects. 

At offensive coordinator he'd probably bring in Josh McDaniels or Bill O'Brien (unless the Patriots keep him under new HC Jerod Mayo).

At defensive coordinator I can see Bill bring over his son from the Patriots and make him the DC. Otherwise it's probably going to be a reunion with one of his former defensive assistants. I'd be curious if he would be able to convince Mike Vrabel to take the DC job though? 

One would hope that he doesn't think keeping Matt Patricia at DC is a good idea 😄