Slay quietly had surgery - hopes to be back by end of season

DBW

And Maddox was back at practice so I’m guessing we’ll see him back soon.  I’m thinking the timing of the surgery wasn’t a coincidence if he’s coming back.   It that he’s anything special but he’s a body that knows the defense.  

Bummer as he has been our best DB.  But hopefully the rest from the time off does his body good for the playoff stretch.  And will give some of the younger CBs some valuable play time (hopefully Ricks … not a fan of playing him inside, I’d prefer him outside).

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Bummer as he has been our best DB.  But hopefully the rest from the time off does his body good for the playoff stretch.  And will give some of the younger CBs some valuable play time (hopefully Ricks … not a fan of playing him inside, I’d prefer him outside).

Yeah so this could have been bugging him for a while and got to the point where he needed to do something about it.  Could explain some of the lack of effort and avoidance of contact we’ve seen recently.  So hopefully it’s fixed and he’ll be back to his normal self come playoffs.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swimm said:

Sucks. But if we can get a Maddox back and a well rested Slay for the playoffs  that would be huge. 

Now, how do we rest Jalen Carter for the playoffs who seems to have hit the rookie "wall”- maybe play more Ojomo or Tuipolotu?

• Like 2

He probably pushed through for the Cowboys game, then to rest before playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggs said:

Now, how do we rest Jalen Carter for the playoffs?

Get more stops on 3rd down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eggs said:

Now, how do we rest Jalen Carter for the playoffs who seems to have hit the rookie "wall”- maybe play more Ojomo or Tuipolotu or sign Suh?

Greaaaaaaat.  As if we don’t have enough problems with our DBs.  Metcalf and Lockett are probably licking their chops.  🙁

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s Ringo TIME!!! He should match up better with Metcalf. Him and Ricks taking turns on the outside now. Now we’ll see what they’ve got.

• Like 1

That is a surprise, not a word before.  Without Slay, our CBs are really thin with rookies and underachieving Bradberry.  Seahawks has good WRs and will test our secondary. The DL becomes more critical for the Sunday game.  

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Slay said he had nightmares about playing against DK. Probably took the surgery so he didn’t have to face him 

Reminds me of the meme with the little girl going hahahahah yuuuuup.

Slay when someone asks if he’s looking forward to the matchup knowing he’s scheduled for surgery:  hehahhahahahah yuuuuuup.

well the DB's can't get any worse , might as well see what the young talent does.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

It’s Ringo TIME!!! He should match up better with Metcalf. Him and Ricks taking turns on the outside now. Now we’ll see what they’ve got.

We’re in big trouble if Ricks and Ringo are trying to cover DK. Big trouble.

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

We’re in big trouble if Ricks and Ringo are trying to cover DK. Big trouble.

We’ll see

I'd be more worried if we were facing a good QB. It's a chance to see whatsome of the youngsters have.

18 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Yeesh.

I also heard that Jurgens and the LB Cunningham might not be playing. 

Yep, they’ve both been ruled out.