Kevin Byard persuaded DC Sean Desai to let the secondary handle their own scouting report

Swimm

If that’s not a vote of no confidence I don’t know what is. 

they’ve obviously had enough of desai along with everyone else 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I have no problem firing Coordinators, but, the replacement better be better.  

This Defense, though, is DEVOID of talent. Keep that in mind. 

And then, keep in mind who hired these two Coordinators. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swimm said:

Desai is done...I don't think I have ever  seen this before. 

Actually, might be the secondary coach. I find it peculiar that only the secondary is listed to do this - and it's equally important that people were saying last year's secondary coach was highly liked. We'll see though. I actually think firing him after one year with an aging back-end and a notable dearth of linebackers is maybe not the best idea, but it's probably not problematic if they do so. 

I just think the issue is - Eagles fans HATE the Fangio scheme, but it's kind of the most prominent in the league these days, so I'm not sure how we end up with something all THAT different.

• Like 1

Desai is running a high school scheme.  He couldn't be successful in major college football with this pathetic fall back and close your eyes scheme.  He is horrible

• Like 2

To be fair, a 4 year old could scout and tell the secondary that you shouldn’t line up 15 yards off the ball on 3rd and 3.  So if Desai is butt hurt over than, then he can come build legos at my house and I’ll send my kids to call the game.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DBW said:

To be fair, a 4 year old could scout and tell the secondary that you shouldn’t line up 15 yards off the ball on 3rd and 3.  So if Desai is butt hurt over than, then he can come build legos at my house and I’ll send my kids to call the game.  

Haven't we had this problem for years though? I feel like issues lining up on 3rd and long have destroyed us for years. Sticks defense, lining up too far off the ball...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

just think the issue is - Eagles fans HATE the Fangio scheme, but it's kind of the most prominent in the league these days, so I'm not sure how we end up with something all THAT different

Not sure why. What has Fangio ever won? 

7 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Haven't we had this problem for years though? I feel like issues lining up on 3rd and long have destroyed us for years. Sticks defense, lining up too far off the ball...

Schwartz played the sticks defense on 3rd and medium/long and some fans used to hate it, but it worked in making sure teams didn’t convert. 

There is a difference between that and basically giving the other team an easy conversion. Some of it is definitely on the players/poor tackling, but this D should not be as bad as it is, particularly on 3rd down and a lot of that is on Desai.

25 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Schwartz played the sticks defense on 3rd and medium/long and some fans used to hate it, but it worked in making sure teams didn’t convert. 

There is a difference between that and basically giving the other team an easy conversion. Some of it is definitely on the players/poor tackling, but this D should not be as bad as it is, particularly on 3rd down and a lot of that is on Desai.

The real problem is that recently, a 3rd and 12 that turns into a 4th and 4 basically is giving opposing offenses the green light to go for it on 4th.  Sticks defense does not work.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

The real problem is that recently, a 3rd and 12 that turns into a 4th and 4 basically is giving opposing offenses the green light to go for it on 4th.  Sticks defense does not work.

Yea... seems like teams are willing to go for it more especially once they get past the 50.

29 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

It worked for Schwartz. What you say is right to a degree. It’s dangerous if they are around midfield, as analytics say go in that situation.

But it’s not like they are stopping them on 3rd down at all and 4th down conversions are the problem.

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

situation

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It worked for Schwartz. What you say is right to a degree. It’s dangerous if they are around midfield, as analytics say go in that situation.

But it’s not like they are stopping them on 3rd down at all and 4th down conversions are the problem.

They are so frustrating to watch on 3rd and long. Penalties and just dumb ish. They need to just rush 4 cause the blitzes and rushing 5 is killing them. 

This feels like what Slay did a few years ago with Schwartz when he asked him to simplify the coverage schemes. This is the secondary taking accountability for their hopeless performances and trying to figure out where it’s going wrong. I’m OK with this to be honest.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Much respect that he came out and posted this. We as fans, can critique the players and coaches on these forums, but players and coaches really need to stick to the "praise in public, criticize in private" mentality if they want to maintain some semblance of professionalism.

• Like 2

Whatever they try, it can't be worse than them being last in the league on D. I hope what they do improves their gameday performances dramatically.

Byard was like look at me.... look at me. I'm the captain now.  Desai get yo ass up in the booth. Patricia you make the calls on field. I have spoken.