2023 = 2018 All Over Again

time2rock

On 12/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, time2rock said:

Oh I definitely think it is much more than the change in coordinators.  Yes aging players on the decline (same as 2018 … Jeffery, Peters, etc).  A QB that clearly regressed.  This season mirrors 2018 in so many ways.  

Disagree. If we had decent coordinators they would find a way to get the best out of our players. Our coordinators…are not good enough. Whose fault is it if a failing starter not replaced by a rookie?( I am talking about CB)…Failing players? Or coordinator who is in charge of it? We have player issues and organizational issues. Hurts is pushing it ..so cal for RBBC…but no? OC/ Siri is failing to see it. If we get a new OC who is calling the plays, right now, we could improve dramatically.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 5:09 PM, NOTW said:

It's why winning last year was so important.  Lost by only 3 to the Chiefs.  2 of their TDs the receiver was wide open, thanks Gannon.  And the holding call at the end, etc.  So close.  

This. I'm still pissed. I could/should have seen the ONLY team I root for - in the entire Sports World - win a 2nd Championship.

When you get there, YOU HAVE TO WIN. It still hurts. Everything was lined up PERFECTLY for the Eagles to win the SB last year. They lose it, then lose the OC and DC, lose two Offensive Starters, lose 5 Defensive Starters, and we think the can run it back and get there again??? Very minimal chance of that, even when they were at 10-1. We all saw and knew how they are/were playing this season. I love them but they have pretty much no shot to get back AND WIN a SB this season. 

UGH!!! :sad:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Crazy!  If this pattern holds true, then we have one more year of BJ as the OC.  Then in 2025 we go without an OC and do some convoluted passing game coordinator crap and draft a QB with a premium pick.

:sad:.   Could we choose a different path?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Gannan said:

For one game maybe. Hurst won the KC, Buffalo, and first Cowboys games almost single handed. 

No single player ever wins a game single handed... ever.  No matter how great they play.   Equally, no single player ever loses a game single handed... ever, no matter how boneheaded the player might have been.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Hurts needs to channel his inner Nick Foles.

Sirianni needs to channel his inner Steichen.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1