A lot of positives to take from that

ManchesterEagle

49 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

That's one thing the Ravens almost always seem to manage is a good to great defense..no matter what their team record might be.

Yeah they showed the world how you can stop the 49ers. Play solid, fundamental defense...which surprisingly few teams in the NFL can do. You force Brock Purdy to make tough throws to beat you.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

The development of Ringo is definitely a bright spot. Nolan Smith looks like he didnt crap the bed either. So theres some hope for the future.

18 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Still worried about Brian Johnson though. If he throws one more screen to 62 year old Julio Jones. Get Covey involved if you insist on that play.

I mentioned in his rookie year how much I liked Covey and felt as though he should see some time in the slot.

Wes Walker, Julian Edelman, and Danny Amendola were as much responsible for Tom Brady's success as any other single player. 

Covey is in the mold of those guys, short quick guys are a nightmare to cover, matter of fact, I think Covey will be better than all of those guys because of his open field running, as long as Hurts doesn't run him into a Mack Truck you have a dangerous weapon on you team not contributing, who'll stop that guy on 3rd and less that 5?

Why in the hell can't the coaches see that is beyond me, that's why I say Sirianni doesn't know jack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah they showed the world how you can stop the 49ers. Play solid, fundamental defense...which surprisingly few teams in the NFL can do. You force Brock Purdy to make tough throws to beat you.

I said this already though. A few weeks ago. I said the Shanahan scheme is making it so Purdy doesn't play NFL QB and just has to make smart decisions. Make him play NFL QB and the 49ers are actually quite vulnerable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Swift was a positive.  He's vastly underutilized.

All our RBs other than Swift are under utilized. It was a breath of fresh air during the Giants game to see more than one RB involved.

We need a more imaginative OC with different packages for each RB...so we have RBBC like last year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I said this already though. A few weeks ago. I said the Shanahan scheme is making it so Purdy doesn't play NFL QB and just has to make smart decisions. Make him play NFL QB and the 49ers are actually quite vulnerable.

Been saying all along that Purdy is basically just a younger (cheaper) Jimmy G, who also did nothing but win in that offense. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nipples said:

Been saying all along that Purdy is basically just a younger (cheaper) Jimmy G, who also did nothing but win in that offense. 

I think most people can see that but if you say it you get told (by others not by people on here) that you are just a hater. Purdy is a system QB. I saw a stat the other day where he’s like #1 in the league for yards but way down in the #20s for pass attempts. It’s because that system and those players get a lot of YAC.

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:05 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I agree about Covey. He’s earned an opportunity to get some touches. None of the three other slot options are doing much of anything so might as well give him a chance.

Covey, in terms of speed and agility,  is very similar to McCaffrey.

https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=13459&p2=21228&pos=RB

40 Covey 4.50 McC 4.48
10 Covey 1.54 McC 1.55
3C Covey 6.73 McC 6.57

SH Covey 4.09 McC 4.22

McCaffery is bigger and a much better vert. 

You could take a look at McCaffrey highlights and identify those that Covey could do.  Like outside runs.

16 hours ago, eggs said:

You left out the Shaq attack. We now have a legitimate starting LB besides Cunningham. 

and VanSumeren got a 81.9 PFF in his first game on defense, which is extremely good.

6 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

and VanSumeren got a 81.9 PFF in his first game on defense, which is extremely good.

I did notice VanSumeren seemed to be all over the field. Thought he played very well, admittedly against a garbage offense. 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2023 at 8:11 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I know it will be minor Tatergeddon because we almost blew it against the Giants but quite a few positives.

1) Run game looked better. O-Line. Were paving way. Dickerson back will help as well. 
2) Hurts was mostly good. The big 3 all produced.

3) 70 yard TD apart the D looks much better under Patricia. I know it’s the Giants but I have just more confidence of them getting off the field. Should get Slay and the LBs back soon which should help.

4) Ringo looks a player. Didn’t think he would be ready for another year or two.

Still worried about Brian Johnson though. If he throws one more screen to 62 year old Julio Jones. Get Covey involved if you insist on that play.

I just posted on the Giants game thread- I will back these guys no matter what. That doesn't mean I don't biiiithch n moan when they suck, but Imma back them all the way. I needed to read a positive post to help me get going- this is the one.

Will Patricia/Siri have the balls to bench Bradberry in favor of Ringo once Slay comes back? Probably not, but they should.