Eagles -10.5 vs. Cardinals

Hawkeye

The final regular season home game of 2023 has the Eagles laying double digits again. Both teams are pedestrian ATS (Eagles 6-6-3, Cardinals 7-7-1); Arizona is playing out the string and the Eagles can't seem to put it together, despite a good record SU.  Late season games are tough to figure, especially games like this.  You'd think the Eagles would cruise in this spot, but I just don't trust them. 

Line: Eagles -10.5
Total:47.5/48
Moneyline: Eagles -650/Cardinals +450

In a related note, Detroit travels to Dallas next Saturday night, where they're getting 6.  Hmmmm. 

I think they'll win again, but for the umpteenth time, they're going to make the game harder than it should need to be.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think they'll win again, but for the umpteenth time, they're going to make the game harder than it should need to be.

Yep! And are very unlikely to cover that kind of spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

you have more faith in them than i do. i feel like the "revenge" factor will come into play here for gannon. i expect the offense to struggle mightily. 

4 hours ago, Soumak said:

you have more faith in them than i do. i feel like the "revenge" factor will come into play here for gannon. i expect the offense to struggle mightily. 

Where’s the revenge for Gannon? He left us, he spoke to the Cards against the rules. It’s not like we fired him but he landed on his feet.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Where’s the revenge for Gannon? He left us, he spoke to the Cards against the rules. It’s not like we fired him but he landed on his feet.

Exactly.  If anything, the Eagles D should be looking for payback after he quit on them around the Super Bowl

8 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Exactly.  If anything, the Eagles D should be looking for payback after he quit on them around the Super Bowl

Exactly! I’m not sure where this idea comes from that he’s after revenge. 

Anyway… I’m concerned about Murray vs this lacklustre pass rush. He’s going to be able to buy all sorts of time out there.

My prediction for the game....don't care!  Will be in Cabo for 5 days for NYE and will be sun, surf and sex with the Mrs.  The game is on at 11am there, I'll check in to see how it's going but otherwise, wishing all of you mf'ers a Happy New Years!!

• Like 4

Honestly I think this is the week they have a dominant win. They controlled the Giants game pretty much start to finish and it was really only close because of two fluky plays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with Nips. They haven't just wrecked an opponent all year.  With the way the last few weeks have gone, I think the are pissed. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nipples said:

Honestly I think this is the week they have a dominant win. They controlled the Giants game pretty much start to finish and it was really only close because of two fluky plays. 

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

I agree with Nips. They haven't just wrecked an opponent all year.  With the way the last few weeks have gone, I think the are pissed. 

Yup, people make it out like NYG actually did something. Slip and fall pick 6, OZ getting pushed into Scott (who imo should have just taken it to the 25 anyway, trying too hard bc Giant Killer blah blah). And that 70yd TD over Blankenship who probably fell a sleep bc he was so bored all game.

We had one of our if not the most productive games of the season offensively. I'm not too worried about our team as others. There really was only one game we were manhandled (SF). Others was us shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid turnovers.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be the game where they "play to their Standard" and kick the ish outta AZ.

Start a good run, get hott, and start playing some complete games. 

Murray has been sick this week. I doubt he plays. Also, the Cardinals are in contention for a top draft pick if they lose this game. 

• Like 1

What does it mean to cover? I know a negative number means that team, eagles are favored. So that means they expect the eagle to win by at least 11 points, since no partial points in NFL. 

19 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

What does it mean to cover? I know a negative number means that team, eagles are favored. So that means they expect the eagle to win by at least 11 points, since no partial points in NFL. 

Correct. For the Eagles to cover, they need to win by 11 or more. For AZ to cover, they need to win, or lose by 10 or less points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pisceschica said:

There are half points in the NFL, if that's what you meant. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

There are half points in the NFL, if that's what you meant. 

I meant in terms of scoring there's 1,2,3, and 6.

I don’t think gannon is after revenge but he’ll definitely want to prove something. 

he’ll have some insider knowledge so I don’t think an upset is too out of the question. 

46 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I meant in terms of scoring there's 1,2,3, and 6.

The point spread or any betting line typically involves a half number in the NFL because they don't want the bet to land exactly on the same number and end up in a push where no one wins. If a team is favored by a FG the line will typically be something like -2.5.

44 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I don’t think gannon is after revenge but he’ll definitely want to prove something. 

he’ll have some insider knowledge so I don’t think an upset is too out of the question. 

What insider knowledge? The eagles run the same plays :roll:

Just blitz Hurts bc even if the pocket is clean he will roll to his right

• Like 1

Saturday Morning Predictions Update

31 predictions recorded thus far.  26 for an Eagles win and 5 for a Cardinals win.  The Average Predicted Score is Eagles 30 Cardinals 20, which is just under the Eagles -10.5 vs. Cardinals line put up by Las Vegas.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 142 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I either missed yours or you haven't submitted one yet.

1993262848_Screenshot2023-12-30at1_41_42AM.png.6cb446ed50bae6dd07a31eefd6378ed9.png
1198342264_Screenshot2023-12-30at1_42_01AM.png.2a92a4f3c1705e925afab35b129c9ca3.png