ESPN Playoff Machine

Captain F

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

In that case why would the Boys try to help us out? My guess is they tank this Lions game on purpose.

They likely look at it as we could drop one of the final 2 and give them the NFC East and the #2 seed. Anything can happen, of course. But if we drop one of the final 2, we aren't doing anything good in the playoffs, so it would all be a moo point anyway...

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Greeeeeat so they might be playing Seattle again 🙄

We win that game if veteran Bradbury didn’t stink when we needed him the most. On top of that the game will be in Philly. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now we have to hope Washington...

I don't mind rooting for them to win, they're eliminated anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't mind rooting for them to win, they're eliminated anyway.

Then or the rams. I’m not picky which gets the job done. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then or the rams. I’m not picky which gets the job done. 

Or both, even better!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now we have to hope Washington or the Rams hand the 49ers a loss. With that being the case regardless of how many people are upset Dallas won, that still keeps us in play for the number one seed. The Eagles have been to the bowl 4 times and every time they had the number one seed. Seems to me that’s their best chance to make it and if I have to root for teams I hate to get my team to their ultimate goal the so be it. 

Yeah but we are 1-3 in those bowls. We coasted thru the season mostly and then lost in the big game...the exception was 2017 when we actually faced serious adversity. Maybe facing some adversity actually helps.

7 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah but we are 1-3 in those bowls. We coasted thru the season mostly and then lost in the big game...the exception was 2017 when we actually faced serious adversity. Maybe facing some adversity actually helps.

There have been several times the Eagles weren’t the number one seed and got bounced in the playoffs. The Eagles might be 1-3 in the bowl, but that’s the only time they have made it. 😂 on top of that this entire season has been full of adversity. Close games, injuries, coaches and coordinators being questioned or demoted, the quarterback and his turnovers, sideline outbursts. The list goes on and on, but if despite all of the conflicts and adversity they can still get the number one seed!?! That would be an outstanding outcome. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We win that game if veteran Bradbury didn’t stink when we needed him the most. On top of that the game will be in Philly. 

Doesn’t matter. They have t beaten Seattle in either place since Carroll has been the coach.

2 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Doesn’t matter. They have t beaten Seattle in either place since Carroll has been the coach.

If they’re playing like they are truly capable they’re the better team.

Eagles are 5 seed in every scenario now. Yup they are done. Enjoy the first round loss to whoever wins the south.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they’re playing like they are truly capable they’re the better team.

Aaaaaaand today proves they aren’t better than anyone. Not with this defense. They will be playing whoever comes out of the South.

1 minute ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Aaaaaaand today proves they aren’t better than anyone. Not with this defense. They will be playing whoever comes out of the South.

The offense really wasn’t good enough either. They weren’t interested in playing football with a chance to win the NFC. This team has a critical failure in leadership and this entire coaching staff will not be able to overcome it. When a team quits on their coach it’s over. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The offense really wasn’t good enough either. They weren’t interested in playing football with a chance to win the NFC. This team has a critical failure in leadership and this entire coaching staff will not be able to overcome it. When a team quits on their coach it’s over. 

With how bad this team looks when it comes to motivation you’d think they had only won 2 games.