Devonte Smith injury: mild ankle sprain

c_u_in_tampa

Slim Reaper in crutches and walking boot after the game. He go injured blocking for that stupid FING WR bubble screen

IMG_4541.thumb.png.839a264bd14e09966d0b8c66c1e415ae.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 7

Hurt on a pointless screen that got no yards. Those screens they run rarely break for anything. If you’re going to run a screen to a back then why not do it with line blocking instead or receiver blocking? If you’re going to run a give up play then just run the ball and ensure you keep the clock moving. Just a dumb play call at a stupid time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Guess we get to see a heavy dose of Watkins and Jones next week. Brown will get 25 targets next week and they’ll lose by 21.

It's just another inexplicable decision by this F'ed up coaching staff. The 175 lb. soaking wet WR should be blocking for the WR bubble screen a total of 0% of the time. That means NEVER. Only a F'ing IDIOT would go against that. Ok, in this case it took 2 idiots.

Spoiler

Nick Sirianni and the Eagles backup QBs offer glowing endorsements of Brian  Johnson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hardheaded Sirianni and his DUMBazz play designs and "gameplan”…can’t rely on talent all the time. Sometimes you actually have to coach. Keep screens inside, so lineman can block..not undersized wr who happens to be one of your most important offensive weapons. Excellent way to "put your players in the best position”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

Can we just forfeit the rest of the season?

No. Lurie has to experience the full measure of the upcoming series of failures. It's our only hope of them dumping these pretend coaches. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Can we just forfeit the rest of the season?

I’ve been asking the same question. Just let some other team have their spot in the playoffs. At least they would make for a good game.

• Like 2

time to start my offseason routine a few weeks early. my dude is done for the season so now i literally have no reason to watch them fail

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

On the coaches,,,they caused this.

Another indictment 

This

A mentally challenged person keeps calling behind the line screens using there 160lb wideout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

BTW how many game-breaking penalties does Mailata have now? I count at least 3.

But but he can sing Christmas carols.

• Like 2

I hope it's not the Achilles Tendon or that nasty lisfranc injury that needs surgery. A WR's wheels are critically important. Get 100% well DeVonta. This team is going to need you bigtime over the next few seasons, and beyond.. 

Looks like its just a mild sprain. Maybe he can be back for the playoffs?(not that it matters)

20 hours ago, opa-opa said:

BTW how many game-breaking penalties does Mailata have now? I count at least 3.

He's a great player. Kelce has had a bunch of dumb penalties too. 

This topic is about Devonta's injury and you randomly ask about Mailata' penalties? 

Anyway, lots of blame to go around, the poor coaching & lack of discipline & preparation spilled over to the players.

19 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

But but he can sing Christmas carols.

Stop, that's stupid. The dude is a beast. In their spare offseason time they made a Christmas album for charity. Grow up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I hope it's not the Achilles Tendon or that nasty lisfranc injury that needs surgery. A WR's wheels are critically important. Get 100% well DeVonta. This team is going to need you bigtime over the next few seasons, and beyond.. 

Thought someone said it was an ankle sprain 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's a great player. Kelce has had a bunch of dumb penalties too. 

This topic is about Devonta's injury and you randomly ask about Mailata' penalties? 

Anyway, lots of blame to go around, the poor coaching & lack of discipline & preparation spilled over to the players.

Stop, that's stupid. The dude is a beast. In their spare offseason time they made a Christmas album for charity. Grow up.

Just pointing out a lot of blame can be spread around for the loss. Its not just on the coaches. Swift refused to run up the middle on that play which led to the holds.

Great job Johnson. Idiot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Thought someone said it was an ankle sprain 

I found out after I posted this. Just a sprain so no big worries there. Good news.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 2:04 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Hurt on a pointless screen that got no yards. Those screens they run rarely break for anything. If you’re going to run a screen to a back then why not do it with line blocking instead or receiver blocking? If you’re going to run a give up play then just run the ball and ensure you keep the clock moving. Just a dumb play call at a stupid time.

Big Brain Brian Johnson at it again. I knew he was eventually going to get a player hurt with those low percentage dope screens 

Situational awareness by the coaching staff during that possession was quite possibly the worst we've seen all season 

If someone were to ask me what happened to the Eagles, I would refer them to that series of calls. I think it encapsulates just how negligent offensive play calling has been this season. 

I don't care about Smith's size. He plays hard and I appreciate his effort when he blocks and his enthusiasm when a teammate scores. Anytime a player rolls up on the back of another player's leg, it's just a fluke thing.

Hope they rest him for the last game. If anything just to see how this team will play when they have to rely on the running game more to win.

• Like 1