Devonte Smith injury: mild ankle sprain

c_u_in_tampa

3 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Hope they rest him for the last game. If anything just to see how this team will play when they have to rely on the running game more to win.

i hope they rest a lot of starters.

I'd like to see oz, julio and covey get more snaps 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

I know it's not popular, but I'd like to see Watkins used in place of Smith if he sits out. Watkins never had the qualities you look for in a typical slot WR (not that we utilize a typical slot), but as depth on the outside, I think he's sound. It fits his strengths better. 

Once the playoffs starts everyone is 0-0. Never fun limping into the playoffs but you never know how things will shake out once the big dance starts.

• Like 1

I still find it crazy with all the worries about his slight frame and getting injured as a pass catcher... they get him hurt blocking for the 2nd string RB on a screen :(

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Geemen said:

Once the playoffs starts everyone is 0-0. Never fun limping into the playoffs but you never know how things will shake out once the big dance starts.

I maintained the optimism as long as I could but the defense was as bad as I've ever seen on Sunday, it's players that either aren't good or experienced enough, being led by an absolute fraud coach who built his career on someone elses defense, who was dropped in by the front office on a knee jerk overreaction at the last minute and seems to have lost the locker room almost immediately.

They can't go back to Desai now so we're riding this debacle into the abyss. if we can't stop the 2024 Cardinals, we aren't stopping a play off team. We've got a punchers chance if the offense could find what it had last year but I don't see any of that, in fact AJ Brown looks to be on the verge of quitting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I maintained the optimism as long as I could but the defense was as bad as I've ever seen on Sunday, it's players that either aren't good or experienced enough, being led by an absolute fraud coach who built his career on someone elses defense, who was dropped in by the front office on a knee jerk overreaction at the last minute and seems to have lost the locker room almost immediately.

They can't go back to Desai now so we're riding this debacle into the abyss. if we can't stop the 2024 Cardinals, we aren't stopping a play off team. We've got a punchers chance if the offense could find what it had last year but I don't see any of that, in fact AJ Brown looks to be on the verge of quitting.

Getting Slay back will help. It was a mistake not to dress Roby and not to ease Maddox back in smh. The move to not play Roby probably lost them the game. Funny as hell that they clearly thought this was going to be a cake walk and that they would eventually rest some guys and even get Penny some burn. Fools.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, judunno said:

Getting Slay back will help. It was a mistake not to dress Roby and not to ease Maddox back in smh. The move to not play Roby probably lost them the game. Funny as hell that they clearly thought this was going to be a cake walk and that they would eventually rest some guys and even get Penny some burn. Fools.

I think we all thought it'd be a win, even if it was ugly. I don't think anyone expected the piss poor tackling and allowing the cards to score on all but 1 drive. Defense is atrocious. Give Desai the reigns back and apologize profusely lol

8 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I think we all thought it'd be a win, even if it was ugly. I don't think anyone expected the piss poor tackling and allowing the cards to score on all but 1 drive. Defense is atrocious. Give Desai the reigns back and apologize profusely lol

I think the staff Fd up thinking they would blow these guys off the field, get Maddox a few reps, and get Penny some carries in garbage time. Surprise MFrs. I'm convinced that's the only reason Penny was dressed to give Swift and Gainwell some rest when the lead was sufficient.

8 hours ago, judunno said:

I still find it crazy with all the worries about his slight frame and getting injured as a pass catcher... they get him hurt blocking for the 2nd string RB on a screen 😞

Brian Johnson (or is it Siriani?) is like the Rian Johnson of football: always subverting expectations.

Run when they should pass and pass when they should run

3rd and short - throw long

3rd and long  - throw short

160lb Smith blocking for Gainwell or Goedert

Running Hurts up the middle is his idea of a running game

Wasting a roster spot on a guy you mostly never even dress (Penny)

• Like 1

Just now, Mortimer said:

Brian Johnson (or is it Siriani?) is like the Rian Johnson of football: always subverting expectations.

Run when they should pass and pass when they should run

3rd and short - throw long

3rd and long  - throw short

160lb Smith blocking for Gainwell or Goedert

Running Hurts up the middle is his idea of a running game

Wasting a roster spot on a guy you mostly never even dress (Penny)

SMH ... can't be predictable man. On D it's line up the best pass rusher as a slot corner lmao

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So it’s a mild sprain… What time is he going to miss?

Google says 3 to 5 weeks, but that's for us average joes that don't receive top notch health care/attn. I could see him being back in time for the playoffs, but we may be cautious and sit him if we play the bucs, or saints.  I think we're good enough offensively to beat them with Brown, Goedert, and a heavy dose of Swift. I'd rather have Smith come back for the divisional.

On 1/2/2024 at 4:23 AM, rrfierce said:

Rest Smith so that he can heal properly and be ready for the playoff.

Yes, give the other WRs the chance to play.  They have been in the shadow and needs to see some daylight.

Maybe this will motivate them to rest the remainder of the starters this week