Run right!

JP HOF

I just want to predict right here that Miles Sanders will lead the NFL in rushing this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

You think he has a better chance with JP at RG then Brooks? Dont get me wrong, JP is a good player but new to position, and older. We had a better line with Brooks there. Sanders will do fine but leading rusher in the NFL? That and you forget who our coach is.  Thats a big LOL. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JP HOF said:

JP and Lane right next to each other is historical road grader territory.

Brooks and Lane was/is better. Brooks is one of the top 2 guards in the NFL. Peters in maybe top 5 LT but never played OG before and has struggled a bit the last few years. I get u have a stiffy for JP given your name, but you have to use some reality here. 

• Like 2

No he doesn't.  You overestimate a 38 year old HOF left tackle that has 1-2 false starts per game and has never played on the right side.  Brooks was graded as the best OG in the history of the NFL last year.  

24 minutes ago, hputenis said:

No he doesn't.  You overestimate a 38 year old HOF left tackle that has 1-2 false starts per game and has never played on the right side.  Brooks was graded as the best OG in the history of the NFL last year.  

according to pff? 

Sanders won't lead the NFL in rushing as he won't get the carries to do so. This isn't a run based offense. 

Now he might lead all RBs in all purpose yards, that feels slightly more realistic. 

• Like 5

I highly doubt Sanders leads the league in rushing with such a pass happy system. Duce loves to play the hot hand which could take touches away from Sanders. He also inexplicably pulls him out after helping to get the team down field and he inserts the backup. No chance Sanders leads the league in rushing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I highly doubt Sanders leads the league in rushing with such a pass happy system. Duce loves to play the hot hand which could take touches away from Sanders. He also inexplicably pulls him out after helping to get the team down field and he inserts the backup. No chance Sanders leads the league in rushing.

I don’t disagree that Duce generally rotates a lot, but he normally isn’t in a situation where he has one back that is so clearly superior to the others. I mean Duce was RB coach in McCoy’s last two seasons with the Eagles, and he certainly didn’t rotate the backs then. In fact McCoy’s highest rushing total ever was Duce’s first year as RB coach, with 1607 yards in 2013. 

I see the current situation being similar. You have Sanders, then what else behind him? Scott? Clement? I like Scott, but this is the biggest talent gap we have had between the #1 and #2 RB since McCoy. 

12 hours ago, JP HOF said:

you underestimate JP.

You underestimate Father Time. 

Peters is gonna be gassed after every 3 run plays. Just let Pryor play. Plus peters never lined up on the right, everything will be backwards for him. 

Stop being crazy. An offense like our with the coach we got, with the RB rotation we got, we will never have a leading rusher. That doesn't mean he won't be good, but less touches per game will do that.

Also Brooks (arguably best RG in the game)>Peters at RG till proven wrong.

Also really wanted to see what Pryor can do long term at the position. 

This is an insurance policy for Dillard without saying it officially. 

56 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Stop being crazy. An offense like our with the coach we got, with the RB rotation we got, we will never have a leading rusher. That doesn't mean he won't be good, but less touches per game will do that.

Also Brooks (arguably best RG in the game)>Peters at RG till proven wrong.

Also really wanted to see what Pryor can do long term at the position. 

This is an insurance policy for Dillard without saying it officially. 

Like I said above, the only time Duce has ever really had one RB who is head and shoulders above the rest of his RBs was when McCoy was here. And there was no rotation then, it was all McCoy, as it should have been. This year is looking like it’s set up to be just like that. Sanders is clearly far superior to the rest of the backs, and I suspect Duce will play that just like he did when he had McCoy. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

I don’t disagree that Duce generally rotates a lot, but he normally isn’t in a situation where he has one back that is so clearly superior to the others. I mean Duce was RB coach in McCoy’s last two seasons with the Eagles, and he certainly didn’t rotate the backs then. In fact McCoy’s highest rushing total ever was Duce’s first year as RB coach, with 1607 yards in 2013. 

I see the current situation being similar. You have Sanders, then what else behind him? Scott? Clement? I like Scott, but this is the biggest talent gap we have had between the #1 and #2 RB since McCoy. 

Sanders is definitely the most talented Back since Shady, but I still can’t see this team with the leagues leading rusher unless every game they play is a blowout, because that’s the only time the Eagles run the ball. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sanders won't lead the NFL in rushing as he won't get the carries to do so. This isn't a run based offense. 

Now he might lead all RBs in all purpose yards, that feels slightly more realistic. 

agreed more realistic but still you have to contend with the McCaffreys Cooks, and Elliots of the world

As long as Duce is the RB coach the Eagles will NEVER have a back that leads the NFL in rushing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, allphilly said:

As long as Duce is the RB coach the Eagles will NEVER have a back that leads the NFL in rushing.

40F01312-86E0-4B08-8B2B-79457FBC157E.jpeg

076470A6-D065-4036-B365-58D549FD7E1B.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

agreed more realistic but still you have to contend with the McCaffreys Cooks, and Elliots of the world

You do but those offenses are led and run by those guys. They are the focal point of those offenses.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:07 PM, JP HOF said:

you underestimate JP.

No one is underestimating Peters. He is worn down and in the last 3 years you can clearly see his decline in athleticism. It bears watching his durability since he will be going against double teams and DT's now. Plus him switching stance position and getting used to being inside for the entire game will be an adjustment. Jason hasn't been run blocking, leading sweeps 15 yards downfield like he did during the late Andy, early Chip years. 

LOL. As long as do not change our head coach...it aint happening, simply because we will not call so many running plays.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, hputenis said:

My god, I am so tired of this criticism. I remember you goofs calling the Peters trade a bust 10 years ago because of a couple false starts. Get over it.