Run right!

JP HOF

17 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

My god, I am so tired of this criticism. I remember you goofs calling the Peters trade a bust 10 years ago because of a couple false starts. Get over it.

Speak for yourself "goof."  Who the F called Peters a bust.......ever?  It's probably not fair to Peters to even compare him to Brandon Brooks at RG.  Brooks was the best.  The thread title somehow infers that we should "run right" now that Peters is RG.  That's not an improvement.  Your statement is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start.  I have never heard anyone describe the Peters trade as a bust.  😂

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Speak for yourself "goof."  Who the F called Peters a bust.......ever?  It's probably not fair to Peters to even compare him to Brandon Brooks at RG.  Brooks was the best.  The thread title somehow infers that we should "run right" now that Peters is RG.  That's not an improvement.  Your statement is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start.  I have never heard anyone describe the Peters trade as a bust.  😂

Frame it any way you want, bud. Back in 2009, there was plenty of complaining about the false starts and, yes, some were using them as evidence that Peters wasn't an elite player. Now in 2020, some are using it as evidence that Peters is on a dramatic decline.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Frame it any way you want, bud. Back in 2009, there was plenty of complaining about the false starts and, yes, some were using them as evidence that Peters wasn't an elite player. Now in 2020, some are using it as evidence that Peters is on a dramatic decline.

I think you're hell bent on this.  While it's super annoying that he does this, it doesn't take away from how freaking incredible he was at LT.  Possibly the best athlete to ever play the position and a 1st ballot HOF in my opinion.  With that being said, he won't be as good as Brooks at RG, and none of us should expect him to be.  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I think you're hell bent on this.  While it's super annoying that he does this, it doesn't take away from how freaking incredible he was at LT.  Possibly the best athlete to ever play the position and a 1st ballot HOF in my opinion.  With that being said, he won't be as good as Brooks at RG, and none of us should expect him to be.  

Peters and Joe Thomas were the best tackles of their era and easy 1st ballot HOFers. Peters' false starts have been consistent throughout his career and are not evidence of a steep decline. Fans who irrationally blasted Peters 10 years ago (who would never admit to it now) have trash opinions. All 3 can be true.

I think Peters has the ideal body for a guard and expect him to be a top-15 guard if he stays healthy. But, yeah, he shouldn't be expected to be Brandon Brooks good.

• Like 2

Retired NFL Lineman Joe Thomas Goes From Thick To Fit – Pro Sports ...

Both were consistently beasts for a long period of time., first ballot HOF without a doubt. Only difference? I dont see JP looking anything like this after his playing career LOL. (Brooks has proven he could do it though)

• 8 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, JP HOF said:

I just want to predict right here that Miles Sanders will lead the NFL in rushing this year.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:49 PM, JP HOF said:

JP and Lane right next to each other is historical road grader territory.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, JP HOF said:

you underestimate JP.

This aged well

On 7/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, JP HOF said:

I just want to predict right here that Miles Sanders will lead the NFL in rushing this year.

I will go as far as saying he takes a major jump in production, because Hey Siri WILL run the ball a lot more than Dougie boy did. Unless ownership FORCES his to become pass happy. But lead the league? That's a bit extreme for me, and I try to stay balanced in my thinking and avoid all extreme thinking. I hope you are right, though. I will come back to this post and give you major kudos for your foresight in this matter.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:49 PM, JP HOF said:

JP should be gone. F his old, "hanging on to get as much $$$ as he can" self. Put him next to Lane... for 2 plays, then he goes to the sideline hurt- takes himself out of the game. Then does it again, and again and again. F that garbage. I hate his $$ hungry fat self. Put a young guy in there and more on. Be done with the old players who can't stay on the field.

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I will go as far as saying he takes a major jump in production, because Hey Siri WILL run the ball a lot more than Dougie boy did. Unless ownership FORCES his to become pass happy. But lead the league? That's a bit extreme for me, and I try to stay balanced in my thinking and avoid all extreme thinking. I hope you are right, though. I will come back to this post and give you major kudos for your foresight in this matter.

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

JP should be gone. F his old, "hanging on to get as much $$$ as he can" self. Put him next to Lane... for 2 plays, then he goes to the sideline hurt- takes himself out of the game. Then does it again, and again and again. F that garbage. I hate his $$ hungry fat self. Put a young guy in there and more on. Be done with the old players who can't stay on the field.

Just a heads up, these are predictions about the 2020 season.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, QBhunter58 said:

Retired NFL Lineman Joe Thomas Goes From Thick To Fit – Pro Sports ...

Both were consistently beasts for a long period of time., first ballot HOF without a doubt. Only difference? I dont see JP looking anything like this after his playing career LOL. (Brooks has proven he could do it though)

Here is what JP will look like:

blob-fish.jpg

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Same holds true for 2021 😆

On 7/14/2020 at 6:49 PM, JP HOF said:

The Eagles need to get a left guard, doing so would make the left side good as well, I'm thinking David Moore from Grambling in the 4th if he's available.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, EagleVA said:

The Eagles need to get a left guard, doing so would make the left side good as well, I'm thinking David Moore from Grambling in the 4th if he's available.

I mean perhaps? But I don't think Seumalo is all that bad. In fact I think he's above average. Could we upgrade there? Of course. But we don't need to address that right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean perhaps? But I don't think Seumalo is all that bad. In fact I think he's above average. Could we upgrade there? Of course. But we don't need to address that right now. 

I think Seumalo is the weakest link on the OL, he's backup material in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think Seumalo is the weakest link on the OL, he's backup material in my opinion.

I think right now we should be just as worried about LT.

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think right now we should be just as worried about LT.

You have 1st round pick Andre Dillard and a budding stud in Jordan Mailata and you ant to invest in another LT?  

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You have 1st round pick Andre Dillard and a budding stud in Jordan Mailata and you ant to invest in another LT?  

I didn't say invest...