Live Green. Bleed Green. Die Green.

Vileborg

This isn't a call to arms. This isn't a hope about turning this around. This is about going down with this ship. This is about no surrender. We will not wave a white flag. Burn the boats.

This is about standing shoulder to shoulder.

image.png.ce5a6221ad206ac068c5a74bfbff99b6.png

This about charging into overwhelming odds regardless of the chance for victory.

image.png.7bae9dc9cad131c68284f5e4e2016cba.png

This is about putting on your Eagles gear and sitting in front of that TV, no matter the outcome, until the last minute runs off that clock and the 2023 season officially closes.

This about the color of the blood in your veins. The color of the heart in your chest. This is about the flag they will drape on your coffin. It's easy to support this team during the good times but now is when the true mettle of a fan is tested. Will you stand proudly and take that hit? Will you go down with this ship? Will you charge arm and arm with this team into certain death? For all the greats that have come and gone and for all that will come and go, will you stand for them?

image.png.04565dcc9b30ee9c764f253c87dafc3f.png 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 1

I applaud your effort, but you have severely underestimated the power of the Negadelphian, "I told you so." Ending the regular season on a 1-5 stretch has them giddy with pessimism, doubt, doom and gloom. All their predictions have come true in the last month and a half. They are on a roll and won't be throwing around any unconditional support. To them, the season has ended and the only thing left to gain is more heartache.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, us Negadelphian's didn't buy the 10-1, I know damn well I didn't and 10-1 was before the really horrible play began.

Fans need to believe what they're seeing with their eyes, they're not lying to you.

• Like 6

Ya. I'm getting off the boat.  I'll stand on the dock until they come back with a ship that's not full of holes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Ya. I'm getting off the boat.  I'll stand on the dock until they come back with a ship that's not full of holes. 

171wxz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just run the ball 40 times at least we will have a chance.

I died green for the season after the 40whiners game.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, us Negadelphian's didn't buy the 10-1, I know damn well I didn't and 10-1 was before the really horrible play began.

Fans need to believe what they're seeing with their eyes, they're not lying to you.

And I don't even like calling that a "Negadelphian".  How about a "Realistadelphian" ? :whistle:

It's cool if folks want to be a blind optimist...cheer on the team every week, always hope for the best, etc.  But, like you, I believed what my eyes were telling me all season.  I was not surprised by this collapse.  The signs were there all year, every game.  Was I glad they won?  Of course!  But I definitely did not like what I was seeing when watching the team with analytical eyes.  

I don't consider myself a Negadelphian because I thought this way.  I think there is a large swath of Eagles fans that fall somewhere in between being a blind optimist and a knee-jerk negative nancy.

• Like 1

Regardless of how bad things get, how crappy they’ve been playing, how frustrated they make me feel, how small their chances are, I’ll always remain hopeful and root for the next game to end with a W.  

• Like 2

I never stop being a fan. If you stop caring, you never were a fan to begin with. Dallas fans were often times called cockroaches because they scatter when things go bad. That’s not me. I have to work Tuesday morning and even with full expectation that they’re going to lose Monday night, I’m staying up til the bitter end. 

I'm with OP. It's the Fing playoffs. None of us know how much time we have. 18 teams are outside looking in. We play a mediocre team on the road. Yes, we have sucked. Yes, we look really bad. But it's playoff football, and who knows when it will come around again? The Lions waited 30 Fing years. Browns, Jags, Bengals, and others waited a long, long time.

Stop whining, and enjoy yourselves - it's later than you think

https://youtu.be/cPd_awQuH4o?feature=shared

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I never stop being a fan. If you stop caring, you never were a fan to begin with. Dallas fans were often times called cockroaches because they scatter when things go bad. That’s not me. I have to work Tuesday morning and even with full expectation that they’re going to lose Monday night, I’m staying up til the bitter end. 

Glutton for punishment!  :lol:

• Haha 1

OP likes green pee in his face

21 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

And I don't even like calling that a "Negadelphian".  How about a "Realistadelphian" ? :whistle:

It's cool if folks want to be a blind optimist...cheer on the team every week, always hope for the best, etc.  But, like you, I believed what my eyes were telling me all season.  I was not surprised by this collapse.  The signs were there all year, every game.  Was I glad they won?  Of course!  But I definitely did not like what I was seeing when watching the team with analytical eyes.  

I don't consider myself a Negadelphian because I thought this way.  I think there is a large swath of Eagles fans that fall somewhere in between being a blind optimist and a knee-jerk negative nancy.

Every single pessimist considers himself a "realist." Every ... single ... one ...

How can you tell if you are a pessimist or a realist? It's pretty simple --- A realist would never say, "the season is over," or, "even if we win the wildcard game, we're just going to get blown out in the divisional round... " or, "this player is just going to get hurt again as soon as he plays," or, "even if Howie has the best draft spot, he'll just blow the pick on a player nobody has on their draft board," or, "If the your QB runs, he will just get hurt," or, "I expect this player to get a bonehead penalty every game." etc...

You see, a realist truly believes in all possible outcomes. Would a realist say, "The Eagles are in the playoffs and can win a Super Bowl this season." ? Yes, because a realist knows they can fail or succeed and doesn't hang on to one possibility over the other. 

The funny thing is, there probably aren't any "blind optimists." The people that believe there's a chance for this team are closer to reailists than those that don't. So they get incorrectly labeled as the blind optimists just because they don't cling to the negative. I consider myself more of a pessimist while watching games at times, but I try to be optimistic. You look around at the NFL and there are several teams in the playoffs that have been playing better than the Eagles the last several weeks. Find me one blind optimist that believes that there is no way the Eagles can lose. As I said, that guy doesn't exist.

It just cracks me up when pessimists claim to be realists. 

• Like 2

lol @ several teams playing better than the Eagles the last few weeks. The only other team going into the post season on a 2 game losing streak is Miami. And Miami lost to the best team in football, and then one of the hottest in recent weeks. We lost to Arizona and the Giants. Two bottom feeders, so it could be argued that there aren’t "several” playoff teams playing better than us in recent weeks, but literally all of them. 

True Eagles fandom is a total indoctrination of a twisted combination of sports nihilism and fatalism. I see you're not there yet. Give it time. 

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

lol @ several teams playing better than the Eagles the last few weeks. The only other team going into the post season on a 2 game losing streak is Miami. And Miami lost to the best team in football, and then one of the hottest in recent weeks. We lost to Arizona and the Giants. Two bottom feeders, so it could be argued that there aren’t "several” playoff teams playing better than us in recent weeks, but literally all of them. 

That's what you took from my reply? Okay. Is Tampa one of them?

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

That's what you took from my reply? Okay. Is Tampa one of them?

They have a win in the last two weeks, so I would say yes, Tampa is one. Not by a great margin, but yes. A tad better than what we’ve shown going in. 

Anyone going into Sunday expecting anything but an embarrassing performance hasn't been watching this team over the last 5 weeks.  

Could they surprise us?  Yes.  Is there any evidence to suggest they will?  No. 

I think most fans have emotionally insulated themselves and are mentally prepared for another horrendous outing. 

In my mind, our only hope in this game is that Tampa beats themselves. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

They have a win in the last two weeks, so I would say yes, Tampa is one. Not by a great margin, but yes. A tad better than what we’ve shown going in. 

That was an impressive showing against the worst team in the NFL over the entire last 2 years. 

So ... are you a realist?

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

That was an impressive showing against the worst team in the NFL over the entire last 2 years. 

So ... are you a realist?

Cool. So given that I’m talking specifically about the last two weeks, are you taking a win over the worst team in football, or two embarrassing losses against two other bottom feeders?

Yes, I consider myself a realist. I don’t think a win is impossible, I just think it’s very improbable. The evidence supports that given how they’ve looked since the Buffalo game. If you disagree, I would love for you to itemize all of the things this team has done consistently well in recent weeks. 

9 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Anyone going into Sunday expecting anything but an embarrassing performance hasn't been watching this team over the last 5 weeks.  

Could they surprise us?  Yes.  Is there any evidence to suggest they will?  No. 

I think most fans have emotionally insulated themselves and are mentally prepared for another horrendous outing. 

In my mind, our only hope in this game is that Tampa beats themselves. 

this season has been like reliving the kotite and rhodes era collaspes. 

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Cool. So given that I’m talking specifically about the last two weeks, are you taking a win over the worst team in football, or two embarrassing losses against two other bottom feeders?

Yes, I consider myself a realist. I don’t think a win is impossible, I just think it’s very improbable. The evidence supports that given how they’ve looked since the Buffalo game. If you disagree, I would love for you to itemize all of the things this team has done consistently well in recent weeks. 

I don't agree with the thinking that once something trends in a direction that it is forever bound to that direction. Football is a game of matchups, not a game of history. There isn't a lot of positives to take away from the play in the last two games. But I'm confident that Slay is an improvement on defense and have a feeling that players like Cox and Graham and Kelce will give everything they have and those are 4 key vet leaders on this team. 

Last week, the Eagles were already out Smith and rested a couple other key guys. Then we saw AJ and Hurts get injured and pulled the plug. That isn't the team we'll be fielding Monday. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

this season has been like reliving the kotite and rhodes era collaspes. 

Amazing the similarities to the Kotite collapse.  Especially with us losing the World Series in 1993.  Those were tough years.