Where is the fight? Some of you Philly fans got soft!

Portyansky

What happened to Philly? What happened to the blue collar never give up mentality? Some of you get your feelings hurt and give up!! Seen it all year in the GDT. It seems some of you rather predict losses and hope you're wrong. Bc if they lose you can say you were right, if win you can say I'm happy I was wrong. Loser mentality!

Out of the 6 losses, 2 of them have been to playoff teams and one of which we split. We beat 6 of the other 13 playoff teams. Let that sink in! 

They knew Commies weren't gonna do anything to ruin their #2 draft pick. Get over it!

4 wins away from being SB Champs again! 18 other teams wish they could say that. 

I don't care how it looked all season especially the last 5 or 6 games. This team has playoff experience. And you never count out Jalen. Dude is a winner!

FLY EAGLES FLY 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Where's your speech for the team? Looks like they gave up as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I try harder than the team. If they come out flat footed again I’m flying down to Tampa at halftime to fight them. 

• Haha 7

The team has gone soft, they have lost their fight.  

Even fans like me who have tried to be optimistic this year, they've lost us.  The coaches have no clue.  They were riding on talent earlier in the year but when the going got tough, the coaches couldn't do the bare minimum of coaching.

• Like 1

I swear I have tried to be optimistic about this team this year. I noticed by the 3rd game of the season how utterly bad this defense was and all it did was get progressively worse. I kept in mind that teams that reach the superbowl historically do really bad the next year. By the time we were 10-1 I was actually surprised knowing that historical fact. Once the SF game happened, with the players of that team not just calling out what they were going to do but come to our house and do it, I knew the writing was on the wall. When Christian McCaffery was calling the plays perfectly during that Monday Night game, I knew what was coming. I actually hated to be right about the state of this team but after 16 weeks, what more is there to be optimistic about??? 

i think you missed the part where the lady was yelling what the h* are you all doing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I swear I have tried to be optimistic about this team this year. I noticed by the 3rd game of the season how utterly bad this defense was and all it did was get progressively worse.

The 3rd game where they held TB to 174 total yards?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

The 3rd game where they held TB to 174 total yards?

It was somewhere around there....I am speaking in general when I say that but I meant what I said.....it was very early in the season....

I'm not sure any of the scheme issues can be fixed in such a short time and I'm not sure specific coaches have the personable skills to explain and break down what they are trying to accomplish with the players, specifically Patricia. Times like this require people to swallow their pride and come together and find answers. It requires people to admit they are culpable and come to the table for help. It requires these coaches take complete ownership of the failures of the team and work with the team leadership to come up with solutions that work for both.

Do that and this team has a shot. We all saw the pro bowl nominations. We all know the talent is there. They have got to come together as a team and come up with answers as a team or divided they will fall.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

It was somewhere around there....I am speaking in general when I say that but I meant what I said.....it was very early in the season....

You're probably thinking of Washington, which was the 4th game.  31 points and 365 yards allowed in that one.

But every defense has had bad games over the course of the season.  The Eagles were really no better or worse in terms of consistency than any other defense.

7 minutes ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

You're probably thinking of Washington, which was the 4th game.  31 points and 365 yards allowed in that one.

But every defense has had bad games over the course of the season.  The Eagles were really no better or worse in terms of consistency than any other defense.

I think you are right...it was sometime around that particular game....

The Fight in the fans died when the team quit fighting.   It was evident- this team quit. They cant wait for this mess to be over.

And neither can I. 

• Thanks 1

More sucka BS. The fans are not the problem. Also, it's ok to call sh1+, sh1+! The team clearly has no fight or toughness. No will. That's reflective of the coach(ing). Don't bring the fans into the teams' issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm with OP, I've been a glass half full fan all year. Have to be in it to win it. The negativity is there for a reason, but F it.

On the road to victory!

On 1/8/2024 at 9:47 PM, seengreen said:

More sucka BS. The fans are not the problem. Also, it's ok to call sh1+, sh1+! The team clearly has no fight or toughness. No will. That's reflective of the coach(ing). Don't bring the fans into the teams' issues.

You're right, the fans are not the problem. Just enjoy it while we can. Who knows what tomorrow has in store?

It’s not the fans fault this team has quit on the coaches. 

• Like 1

QB1 has no fight. At least he's really humbled 

On 1/8/2024 at 1:57 PM, Portyansky said:

What happened to Philly? What happened to the blue collar never give up mentality? Some of you get your feelings hurt and give up!! Seen it all year in the GDT. It seems some of you rather predict losses and hope you're wrong. Bc if they lose you can say you were right, if win you can say I'm happy I was wrong. Loser mentality!

Out of the 6 losses, 2 of them have been to playoff teams and one of which we split. We beat 6 of the other 13 playoff teams. Let that sink in! 

They knew Commies weren't gonna do anything to ruin their #2 draft pick. Get over it!

4 wins away from being SB Champs again! 18 other teams wish they could say that. 

I don't care how it looked all season especially the last 5 or 6 games. This team has playoff experience. And you never count out Jalen. Dude is a winner!

FLY EAGLES FLY 

It's called reality mentality.  Not even touching on the offensive issues, do you actually think, based on the last 3 games (alone!), that this defense is capable of stopping anything?  Each week we are hopeful they turn it around and it's actually getting worse!  It's f'ing embarrassing.  I'm actually embarrassed FOR them.  No one here WANTS us to lose but face the facts.  As much as I hate saying it, we SUCK right now.  Special teams is our only strength at this point in time.  I am so hopeful they turn it around and figure it out but won't be surprised if they don't.  The players look uninterested and the coaches completely don't have their **** together.  Respectfully.  

On 1/8/2024 at 1:57 PM, Portyansky said:

FLY EAGLES FLY 

Are you serious? LOOK at this pathetic, quitting team. I can forgive bad play, bad play calling, etc...  but QUITTING is unforgivable. This Eagles team took away everyone's hope. You want to back a bunch of quitters- go right ahead.Times yours.

• Thanks 1

There’s enough variance in football, and enough talent on the offense that I don’t think it’s completely impossible that this team goes on a run somehow and wins 2, 3, or even 4 in a row to close things out. Unlikely, yes, but it’s what I will hope and cheer for until they’re eliminated. I’ve been singing the fight song all week, the Eagles are in the playoffs! Extra football! 

To win in the playoffs our offense would have to score 30 points and hold the ball for 35+ mins every game. Because our D cant stop anyone.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:29 PM, Soumak said:

i think you missed the part where the lady was yelling what the h* are you all doing.

Jasmine Jones ❤️😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I think they could beat Tampa, and it is 0-0 just win time, I wouldn't have minded seeing if Desai could do better against the 49ers not having to start special teamers at Linebacker, but Patricia couldn't stop Drew Lock, Tyrod Taylor or the 2024 Arizona Cardinals, so Slay back or not there's not a prayer he's stopping the 49er's in San Francisco.

They made a hell of a start, I genuinely thought we were going back to the Championship game minimum, but dumb roster decisions (like retaining a 4th TE all year while reducing depth elsewhere) and panicky decisions about coordinators have screwed the season. It is what it is now. 

All that's left is another off season of 'they need to trade Hurts' on here from the prodigal sons that all went missing last year to look forward to.

Fly Eagles Fly.

• Like 4