Where is the fight? Some of you Philly fans got soft!

Portyansky

On 1/8/2024 at 1:57 PM, Portyansky said:

What happened to Philly? What happened to the blue collar never give up mentality? Some of you get your feelings hurt and give up!! Seen it all year in the GDT. It seems some of you rather predict losses and hope you're wrong. Bc if they lose you can say you were right, if win you can say I'm happy I was wrong. Loser mentality!

Out of the 6 losses, 2 of them have been to playoff teams and one of which we split. We beat 6 of the other 13 playoff teams. Let that sink in! 

They knew Commies weren't gonna do anything to ruin their #2 draft pick. Get over it!

4 wins away from being SB Champs again! 18 other teams wish they could say that. 

I don't care how it looked all season especially the last 5 or 6 games. This team has playoff experience. And you never count out Jalen. Dude is a winner!

FLY EAGLES FLY 

Over?  Did you say over?  Nothing is over until we decide it is!  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 1:53 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think they could beat Tampa, and it is 0-0 just win time, I wouldn't have minded seeing if Desai could do better against the 49ers not having to start special teamers at Linebacker, but Patricia couldn't stop Drew Lock, Tyrod Taylor or the 2024 Arizona Cardinals, so Slay back or not there's not a prayer he's stopping the 49er's in San Francisco.

They made a hell of a start, I genuinely thought we were going back to the Championship game minimum, but dumb roster decisions (like retaining a 4th TE all year while reducing depth elsewhere) and panicky decisions about coordinators have screwed the season. It is what it is now. 

All that's left is another off season of 'they need to trade Hurts' on here from the prodigal sons that all went missing last year to look forward to.

Fly Eagles Fly.

I truly believe that as bad as Hurts has looked, it is the idiotic lack of the running game, bad offensive calls, that undermined entire offense. Bring in a new OC, and all of the sudden Hurts is running the offense at high level again. Urgently need a talented OC.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I truly believe that as bad as Hurts has looked, it is the idiotic lack of the running game, bad offensive calls, that undermined entire offense. Bring in a new OC, and all of the sudden Hurts is running the offense at high level again. Urgently need a talented OC.

This. The team played well last year also when they leant on the running game.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mihailo said:

This. The team played well last year also when they leant on the running game.

I feel like more than anything the young coaches situation failed him. Hurts has been labeled a notoriously hard worker that went through Bama and all that with Saban, it's likely that he responds best to old school, tough coaching. Which means I think he pairs best with an older guy.

We probably need a Norv Turner kind of situation, or someone with old school roots like that.

My glass is half full. Half full of the piss poor play and coaching that this team has delivered. 

I'm an optimist. I entered the season knowing that we had good chance of making noise in a relatively weak conference. And then, as most data came in, I adjusted my expectations. 

You question my fight. I question your orientation to reality. 

2 hours ago, Erie said:

My glass is half full. Half full of the piss poor play and coaching that this team has delivered. 

I'm an optimist. I entered the season knowing that we had good chance of making noise in a relatively weak conference. And then, as most data came in, I adjusted my expectations. 

You question my fight. I question your orientation to reality. 

Playoffs are a different animal. Ask the Cows.

Where’s the teams fight? After that pathetic display they obviously don’t have one.

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Playoffs are a different animal. Ask the Cows.

The team had no fight.  They gave up.

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The team had no fight.  They gave up.

Yup.. gave up weeks ago and it was obvious. Worst collapse in NFL history.

I haven’t seen a team do less with more. Something happened to them after the 49ers loss. They lost their heart, no spirit. The Eagles have as much talent as anybody, but the 49ers showed them what it’s like when they want it more. The Bucs are not a better team, they just wanted to win more last night. 

• Like 1