I'M DONE WITH THIS "TEAM"!

RunItBAck

I certainly hope this is a joke.  If it's not, you need therapy.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Losses are frustrating, disappointing and even infuriating at times. But it's part of the game, it's part of life. I've lived through a lot of bad seasons for the Eagles since my fandom began and if I were to have quit after the first Wild Card loss a year after having made it to a Super Bowl and unfortunately lost it, I'd have lost more than 40 years of Eagles football and back in the day, I had my brothers trying their very best to make me a Redskins fan.

So be pissed at the loss, but shortly thereafter, let it go and get ready for the 2024 season. There's more great football to come, I promise. 

Yep, exactly this.  The hard times make the good times even better.  In a few years, we're gonna win another championship, and all the hard times will make that one so much better.

Also, I still claim the younger generation of Eagle fans are soft.  My 10 year old (rabid Eagle fan) son thinks 'hard times' means watching your team lose the superbowl.  Bro, I grew up watching Randall Cunningham, and we were fun as hell to watch, but pretty mid.  I think I got to watch 1 whole playoff victory in my youth.  I was used to disappointment.  Remember that year when we went to San Fran and beat them 40-8?  I thought for sure we'd make a playoff run, but nooope.   

31 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I think I got to watch 1 whole playoff victory in my youth.  I was used to disappointment. 

But what a great game that was. Reggie getting a safety and Eric Allen's pick six. I also hated the Saints, probably because I seriously disliked Bobby Hebert going all the way back to his USFL days.

I can still see Fred Barnett's 'circus catch' (as Merrill called it), in my mind. 

31 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Remember that year when we went to San Fran and beat them 40-8?  I thought for sure we'd make a playoff run, but nooope.   

I remember that game for more reasons than just the game. I had a good friend at work who was a 49ers fan and we had a $10 bet on the game. The Monday after the game, I was at work and he came in, saw me and walked over and threw a $10 bill at me in disgust and walked away lol. 

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:54 AM, RunItBAck said:

THATS IT. Thanks Eagles…I’ve been watching this team since 1966 but this is the LAST time.

Dude, you should have taken the attitude I had, once the Cowboys lost I could care less about the Eagles game, the Cowboys loss was a successful season for me.

22 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Dude, you should have taken the attitude I has, once the Cowboys lost I could care less about the Eagles game, the Cowboys loss was a successful season for me.

I actually felt the same way. I had a small sliver of hope they might beat the Bucs, but the last 6 weeks were a sign that they could not do that. And even if they did they weren't going to win in the next round. Dallas being a 1st round exit and first team to lose to a 7 seed after the hype train went wild was the best outcome we could realistically hope for.

Was still amusing thinking that would could host a home playoff game if we won and the Rams had also won. And then if the Packers knocked off the 49ers and we knocked off the Rams we could have hosted a 2nd home playoff game. The 7 seed winning is so wild. lol

Next year, video it all.  Would be great fun and verifiable.  You'll be back.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Dude, you should have taken the attitude I had, once the Cowboys lost I could care less about the Eagles game, the Cowboys loss was a successful season for me.

DAMNIT!

I hate living on a planet where I agree with this guy. <_< 

• Haha 1

I will say this board has chilled out a lot over the years. I still remember how intense it was from 1999-2005. People were always freaking out. 

True story. Was in the gym tonight in San Diego. A bunch of football fans were talking playoffs. Mostly 49er fans, one Denver fan, one Dallas fan. Then they started discussing the Eagles situation. I was quiet not saying a thing, and just listening. They were saying , and I quote " Sirianni is a joke”, "He can’t coach, then why is he still not fired?” , "I could not believe when Tampa was blitzing, and Eagles could not protect their QB” ….I could not disagree with anything they were saying. Did not say anything to them..just left.
Why am I writing this?  Because football fans everywhere see the same things that I do. We are a joke as an organization, and football fans everywhere are laughing at the Eagles organization. If it is not embarrassing to you…Eagle fans..than you are mature adults who can handle ridicule. I personally was both relieved to hear people with similar opinions, and also embarrassed for my Eagles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

True story. Was in the gym tonight in San Diego. A bunch of football fans were talking playoffs. Mostly 49er fans, one Denver fan, one Dallas fan. Then they started discussing the Eagles situation. I was quiet not saying a thing, and just listening. They were saying , and I quote " Sirianni is a joke”, "He can’t coach, then why is he still not fired?” , "I could not believe when Tampa was blitzing, and Eagles could not protect their QB” ….I could not disagree with anything they were saying. Did not say anything to them..just left.
Why am I writing this?  Because football fans everywhere see the same things that I do. We are a joke as an organization, and football fans everywhere are laughing at the Eagles organization. If it is not embarrassing to you…Eagle fans..than you are mature adults who can handle ridicule. I personally was both relieved to hear people with similar opinions, and also embarrassed for my Eagles.

That’s funny.  I was at the gym last night (down here in Florida) wearing my Eagles jogging suit and a guy said something about the game - I went on to say I was there - bad loss, etc and one of the first things he said is "so are they going to fire Sirianni?”  

So the entire narrative of this being bad optics (if we fire Sirianni) on a national level is way overblown.  The entire country realizes how bad our coaching has been. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ace Nova said:

So the entire narrative of this being bad optics (if we fire Sirianni) on a national level is way overblown.  The entire country realizes how bad our coaching has been. 

The entire country sees Sirianni for what he is. A bad offensive coach who built a good culture for a couple of years but when it fell apart it fell apart badly. He’s got to go. He can’t turn this around because if he could there would have been signs of this the last 2 months.

• Like 2