Is Nick Sirianni sabotaging Jalen Hurts? (Whether intentionally or not)

Ace Nova

6 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

5% of the passes over the middle is a crazy stat. Wow. They’re the easiest throws you can give a QB. Especially against the blitz. 

Exactly my point. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Exactly my point. 

It was brutal to watch all game the Bucs blitz up the middle while the Eagles throw screens and deep balls to the outside. Whoever came up with those concepts was an idiot. 

• Like 2

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It was brutal to watch all game the Bucs blitz up the middle while the Eagles throw screens and deep balls to the outside. Whoever came up with those concepts was an idiot. 

They’ve been doing it all year.  Makes zero sense. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ace Nova said:

They’ve been doing it all year.  Makes zero sense. 

This is why this decision on Sirianni doesn’t need to take time. They have been dealing with this all year. This isn’t a difficult decision. Pull the trigger and move forward.

• Like 2

Here is a quote I obtained from an article on BGN...it's a Sirianni quote from Sept 5th...

"So, one thing we wanted to do with our team offensively, let’s say, is … try to really— it’s not always about coming up with new plays and new wrinkles and new things like that. Sometimes it’s just getting better, and a lot of times it’s just getting better at your base stuff. And how do you coach it better. And how do you do it better. And, off of that, what are some wrinkles off of that? Not necessarily new things. But things that are wrinkles. I guess I would say, where I’m going with that, is that’s the same way I thought about Year 3. I don’t think it’s anything new, it’s about how do we get better at what we’re already doing?”

In other words, the man told us that he ain't changing jacksheet, that we just have to get better at doing the same sheet we've been doing!  

To me, this tells me all I need to know about Siri's "offensive mind"...:thumbdown:

• Like 5

I already speculated that  Siri intentionally  self sabotaged this team this year. ..Either that or he is genuine too stupid to be HC..No way we go through a whole season without making zero adjustments the whole year..

• Like 1

My original post was mistaken.  Hurts actually has PERFECT 158 passer rating to the intermediate middle of the field this season and a 99.6 passer rating to short middle.  Yet only 5.2 % of the passing plays were called there:

IMG_4053.jpeg

• Like 2

Conspiracy theory alert!...

When thinking about how inexplicable it was to watch this Eagles team implode down the stretch, combined with Jalen Hurts' odd quote after the game about it "not being our turn" (in regards to winning), was this purposeful in some way?

I mean, the offensive and defensive performances were SO bad that they didn't resemble an actual NFL team.  We can say Sirianni is stupid, the offensive staff is stupid, the decision to demote Desai was stupid, the players "checked out" or there was internal strife, etc.  But, the play on the field was just so bad that it's literally incomprehensible.  So much so that it makes part of me wonder if it was purposeful.

I know going down a rabbit hole of conspiracies when it comes to the NFL "scripting" crap is useless endeavor.  But damn, I am just perplexed at how bad this team looked and didn't perform the most elementary of things to play and compete in the game of football.  And these are all "professionals"...:wacko:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Conspiracy theory alert!...

When thinking about how inexplicable it was to watch this Eagles team implode down the stretch, combined with Jalen Hurts' odd quote after the game about it "not being our turn" (in regards to winning), was this purposeful in some way?

I mean, the offensive and defensive performances were SO bad that they didn't resemble an actual NFL team.  We can say Sirianni is stupid, the offensive staff is stupid, the decision to demote Desai was stupid, the players "checked out" or there was internal strife, etc.  But, the play on the field was just so bad that it's literally incomprehensible.  So much so that it makes part of me wonder if it was purposeful.

I know going down a rabbit hole of conspiracies when it comes to the NFL "scripting" crap is useless endeavor.  But damn, I am just perplexed at how bad this team looked and didn't perform the most elementary of things to play and compete in the game of football.  And these are all "professionals"...:wacko:  

It’s just blatant incompetence.  I think Hurts’ comments reflect his believing that the offensive game planning was so incomprehensible that he had no other words - other than saying, "It just wasn’t our turn”. 

• Like 2

Something definitely feels off in the offense: from the play calls from Siri, to Johnson, to Hurts, to the guys on the field... I feel like they are saying things like they didn't plan the offensive to counter what the Bucs defense was doing... Which is silly because everybody knows what defense Bowles is bringing. I think Johnson and Hurts have some flexibility to change up the the gameplan on the field. But I feel like if they are constantly calling audibles the rest of the offense is confused. Long story short, they need to clean it up.  Go back to the drawing board.  Get everyone back on the same page.

Another great point just mentioned on WIP.  Jalen Hurts flew by himself to the Seattle game because he was sick as a dog. He manned up and played the game.

What was the first play called?  A QB draw with your sick as a dog QB. 

How is that not sabotaging Hurts?  Insane. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Another great point just mentioned on WIP.  Jalen Hurts flew by himself to the Seattle game because he was sick as a dog. He manned up and played the game.

What was the first play called?  A QB draw with your sick as a dog QB. 

How is that not sabotaging Hurts?  Insane. 

ok i'll play along. lets say he was sabotaging hurts. whats his motive? He wants tanner mckee? 

5 minutes ago, Soumak said:

ok i'll play along. lets say he was sabotaging hurts. whats his motive? He wants tanner mckee? 

Again, I don’t think he was doing it intentionally (I would surely hope not) I just think there is a major disconnect between the players and the coaching staff.

If you’re a coach and you know your QB is playing sick, would you call a QB draw as the first play of the game - knowing he will likely get hit?  (he was hit pretty hard that play, btw).    That clearly shows a disconnect, imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pallidrone said:

I mean this does make sense. When Siri started here he was calling the plays and nothing was working for the first half of the season. He then handed the play calling off to Steinchen who changed the whole outlook of the offense. That really took off in year 2.

This offense looks a lot like the crap from the first half of year one.

Exactly.  My guess is maybe they'll go back to staying out of it and the team will get back on track in 2024. 

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

I think it comes straight down from the analytics department that says passes over the middle have a higher chance of being INT.

So when they ANALytics report comes to Siri the gameplan is based off that.

I think analytics has its place in game planning but the eagles FO takes it wat too far when a bunch of computer nerds are devising a game plan

Ya. For sure. They're using them wrong.

• Like 1

He's not sabotaging him, on purpose.  Siri is just inept.  His play calling was bad last season, and when Steichen took over the offense took off.  

Siri's offense is playground ball: let Hurts throw it around to the playmakers. Force it to AJ downfield he'll make a play.  Hurts can always run.  Earlier this year we thought BJ was the problem but if he was, then it's on the HC to do something about it.  They changed nothing!  Everyone in the media breaking down plays and pointing out the problems and obvious solutions and they changed nothing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Here is a quote I obtained from an article on BGN...it's a Sirianni quote from Sept 5th...

In other words, the man told us that he ain't changing jacksheet, that we just have to get better at doing the same sheet we've been doing!  

To me, this tells me all I need to know about Siri's "offensive mind"...:thumbdown:

The guy is a bonafide stunad 

We all knew within his first 5 minutes of his introductory PC that this guy was an idiot. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Nah.  Hurts knows when a blitz is coming.  He has 2-3 options when blitzed.  To run, to pass a WR screen or to see if anyone is open deep.  Literally has happened all-season-long. 

Exactly....they even showed that he always has about 2 seconds (if that) before someone is right in his face....this didn't happen last year as the RPO (as much as I hated seeing it so much) was their bread and butter. This is the EXACT same problem I had with AR his last few years with this team. He refused to alleviate any of the pressure off of McNabb with running the ball. It was always a deep ball that he was throwing, even while he was not the most accurate QB in the league at that time.....it was always pass pass pass to the point of nausea and I feel like I am watching that team and coach all over again.....